MSN Stock Quote Add-In (msnsq.exe) doesn't install

Running Win2000SP4, & Excel 2002SP2 on a Dell Prec. Workstation. I have
tried installing this add-in from the web and also from a folder, always
with the same result. It appears to be installing until I get a dialogue box
stating  "Failed to download settings from the internet." After thias
attempt to install, the add-in shows as available from within Excel but is
non-functional, and has an abreviated tool-bar associated with it.

Help?

Thanks,

Richard

0
rlguthart (1)

Add Invoice Number to Report
I have created a delivery table that contains all of the usual fields , Pickup, Delivery, Billing, NoPeices, Weight... etc. The table is updated with current delivery information daily. At the end of the week I create a report grouped on Billing customer that prints an invoice with all of the unprinted deliveries the customer is paying for... the report works fine. What I need to figure out is how to assign a unique invoice number (autonumber) to the report that will be associated with each Billing customer for that print period. Can I somehow generate a unique number at the time I ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Add SafePay footer record for date and account number
Union Bank of California has a Positive Pay format that requests a footer record for each day and account number. So if you transmit checks issued on two dates for a single account, the SafePay file would have two footer records--one for each date. Currently, I am only able to create a footer by account, totalling all checks issued for that account (regardless of date), and attributing that total to the Issue Date in the footer record. Union Bank reads the issue date on the footer, and sees that the checks issued on that date do not match the footer total, causing them to consider th...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi
several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success. the process i took was: 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly. 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs". 3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change". 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next". 5. On the bottom of the page check "C...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

"Print Quote For Customer"
Using the Outlook client this option is under the file menu when you have a quote open. What template does this use and where do I download it from? ...

"Transfer Out" Call Option
I manually entered into Money 2007 Deluxe a covered call (buy stock, sell to open for a call option) that I made in September 2007. In November 2007 I transferred all of the assets (including the stock and short call) to another account. I was able to "transfer out" all of the equities to the new account. When I try to transfer the call MS Money says that "The activity 'transfer out' is unavailable for the investment type you have selected." In reality the calls were transferred from brokerage to brokerage. Any ideas how to make this happen in MS Money 2007? Thank...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

"X-axis crosses at..."
You can make the x-axis cross at the maximum Y-value, but is it possible (without macro) to make it cross at the minimum value? I should find that much more useful. NSV -- nsv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526722 When this is an issue for me, I just use some value <= the minimum Y axis value that the data will ever see. So, if my Y data will always be positive, I set the X axis crosses...

XSD.exe w/Include: What am I doing wrong?
I'm running into problems using XSD.exe to generate classes from XSD files using the <Include> functionality. Being a complete newbie with this, I am obviously missing something obvious I have defined two schemas, XMLSchema1 and XMLSchema2 with the same target namespace: "TestSpace", each with one complextype element defined. In the XSD designer for XMLSchema2, I have included XMLSchema1 When I run XSD.exe XSD.exe XMLSchema1.xsd XMLSchema2.xsd / I get the following "A schema with the namespace "TestSpace" has already been added. I thought that using &...

Add phone number to quote report.
Hey guys, My retail staff asked me if it is possible to add the customer phone number to the Quote summary or Quote detailed report. Does anyone know what changes need to be made to the report to make this happen. I know I will have to change the query and add a join statement to get it from the customer record but am unable to figure out how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nevermind, I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway. <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:BhKXd.15130$GO5.11570@fe07.lga... > Hey guys, > > My retail staff asked me if it is possible to a...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

Add mean and Standard Deviation to Histogram
Is there any way to add vertical lines of mean and Standard Deviation to a Histogram? >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to add vertical lines of mean and Standard Deviation to a >Histogram? > Anna You can use Line_Column type of chart on the custom Chart Tab. This will allow you to add either the mean of the std dev. Show data as 23 39.5 34 39.5 45 39.5 56 39.5 where 39 is the average. You will have to add the other line yourself using the drawing toolbar. Remember to select the whole chart including the Added line and select Draw, Group on the drawing too...

Bank Acct Auto Update without sync to MSN
I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN website. I would also like to not use the passport password. When I remove the pasport password and create a local password, I no longer am able to auto update from my bank. Do I have to have the MSN passport and web access to do this? If not, how do I do this? I have Money 2005 Deluxe on an Windows XP Pro system. I am creating a new money file so I can wipe clean and try anything new. thanks!! In microsoft.public.money, fire_317 wrote: >I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN we...

Allow Account Description changes in "Mass Modify" screen
In the "Mass Modify" screen of Account Maintenance "Cards", there should be a selection for Description changes. Some of our Accounts have 45-50 account combinations. If an account needs to be renamed, I have to go into each card to update. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed.
Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed. I am using XP, with Outlook 2003. For some reason, all my 800 contacts are having a problem. When I open the contact screen the "Full Name... " field is displaying names backwards. "Mr. John Smith" displays as "Mr. Smith John" I have checked my "Contacts Options" selection for default Full Name order and it correctly displays "First (Middle) Last"... I have noticed that if I delete the name and re-enter it, it displays correctly, however I cannot spend the time to d...

"Customize Outlook Today
I just purchased a new computer with Windows XP Professional installed (replacing my old one, with Windows 95). After installing my Office 2000 suite onto the new computer, I find that in Outlook, when I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. Acordingly I am unable to configure the display to suit my needs. For example, I need to have the days tasks only, rather than the full list you get when you cannot customize the display. Any suggestions? The answer may be found in MS Knowledge Base article 820575, "You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After...

Windows Media Player 10 Failure to Add Songs to Library Automatica
I'm running WMP10 and Windows XP. I've been using the Player for 4 years and this is the first time this issue has ever occurred. My laptop seemingly randomly froze recently, and I had not choice but to shut it down manually and restart it. After the restart, everything was back to normal except the WMP. It won't detect the songs in My Music folder as it has done for the last 4 years. If I go to the folder and play the song, it will work fine but it won't add the song to my WMP library, making a continuous playback of all my songs impossible and destroying the poi...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

clear historical quotes
I just upgraded to 2007 trial version (from 2003) and I find what appears to be an undocumented item, so I'm wondering what it does. I'm on the Portfolio Manager screen, and on the left side, I click on Other Tasks->More-> and there's a "Clear historical quotes" menu item. I don't find it documented in the help file, nor in the FAQ, nor on this newsgroup, yet. I'm wondering if anyone's been brave enough to click on it and could tell us what it does? Does it reduce the size of your file? How much? I would hope it does NOT just do a wholesale de...

How To Suppress "..publisher could not be verified..."?
Wrote a little .CMD file to put the PC to sleep: psshutdown.exe -d -t 00 Works as advertised, but every time I execute (or even edit...) it, somebody pops a dialog: "Open File - Security Warning The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure yo want to run this software?" Is there a list or something somewhere that I can add this .CMD file to so XP knows not to bug me? I looked into "Certificates" a long time ago in the context of something else and that approach looked pretty much hopeless for somebody at my low expertise level. -- PeteCresswe...