MS JET database engine error: workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user

Hi,

I am trying to import a spreadsheet into MS SQL 2000 via a DTS packaget
using Microsoft JET database engine, but it gives me an error saying
" Workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another
user"

This error only exists if i use an MS SQL login with a password but it works
fine with a login without a password. My question is, is there a way around
this with a login that has a password?

Thanks

Office assistant error
Hi everyone, I only joined today so easy on me!!!!!! We have Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 SP3 intalled and receive the following error when Outlook is opened and then try to open any other applications, i'e word, excell "The office assistant could not be started. Please repair the assistant by running office 2000 setup and selecting repair office 2000". Running repair does not make the error message stop. The office assistant works in all applications the error message just keeps popping up. If I open word or excell on their own it's not a proble as soon as outlook 2003 is...

Moving Files To New Hard Drive
I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? "ampig" wrote: > > I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB > and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I > go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? > > Use the cloning software that came with the new disk to clone the old disk to the new. Everything is copied to the n...

MS Outlook 2007

Activity Attachemnt upload error
Hi I am trying to upload a tiff image file to CRM server what I do is first write code to create attachment but i get error the url is http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx?hr=0x80070057 so it seems I have been authenticated by the server but something else is worng creating the upload error ,,,,,, Microsoft CRM Alert: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the file path an --------------------------------------------------------------------what I do is first write code to create attachment public static void CreateFaxActivi...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

"Reply to" address different to user address
Hello from Spain. In an Exchange Server 2003 installation, I need to set up several users with a common address (i.e., department address). There is no problem to receive messages (I can redirect messages from that account to their mailboxes), but the problem is that, externally, the users have no personal address, but a common address. I'm looking for a way to set up something like a "Reply to" address for them, but I do not find the way to do it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, -- Francisco Varona de Miguel Analista de Sistemas Eurosistemas Inform�ticos y Comunicaciones,...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

corrupted file
Hi, I saved file on disk open in whare house pc, PC might had some dust in a drive . Now i can canot open again. Its pass word protected i tried in explorer take properties of a drive then tools then first option error checking CHECK NOW . Now i get to password window once i put password cannot open work book (it opens & close it self ) password is correct. please let me know thansk for help. Saqib You should not open (or attempt to open) a file from floppy. Copy to your hard drive and open from there. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Sa...

Error
I am using ms office 2003. the excel always show a error message saying that excel has encountered problem whenever i want to do anything with the printing options and also when i want to bold the text in the sheet. The first thing to do is download the latest driver from the printer manufacture's website. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C5BC01-C2D4-407B-A37B-94A7220746DA@microsoft.com... >I am using ms office 2003. the excel always show a error messag...

Can't Update Store Register Information
I was going to add a second receipt printer to one of my register's, but when I hit the OK button, I get an error: "Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing". I am running RMS 1.2.0189 with 4 stores and HQ. The server is running windows server 2000 with SP4 and had SQL 2000 with SP3a. I decided to update SQL to SP4 last night, but that didn't solve my problem. To further test things, I attempted to add a new register into the system and it gave me the following error: "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'StoreID', table &quo...

Error on front-end close
Hi there, These db's are on Access 2007. I have a front-end that is currently roughly 2.7Mb in size linking into a db of roughly 95Mb. On a menu there is an Exit button, simply running DoCmd.Quit When I press this button the following error occurs: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSACCESS.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6423.1000 Application Timestamp: 49b08a47 Fault Module Name: VBE6.DLL Fault Module Version: 6.5.10.40 Fault Module Timestamp: 48a4b5d6 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00088cb4 OS Version: 6.1...

MS Exange connection

Re: Style sheet gives me an error
"Vikesh Arora" <arorav@whosea.org> wrote in message news:... > Hi > > I have tried running it. And it runs smoothly without giving any > encoding issues. XSL File <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" > <xsl:template match="/"> <HTML> <BODY> <TABLE> <xsl:for-each select="CONAME/DipReceived"> <TR> <TD><xsl:value-of select="DateAndTime...

Tmp Pst file
I have 2000 server and 2000 workstation.All users have roaming profile on this server, and personal folder at outlook pst saved at c:\documents and settings\username\application\microsoft\outlook\usrname.pst and profiles in a directory on server \profiles. In one certain user in this folder c:\documents and settings\username\application\microsoft\outlook\usrname.pst for some reason many temp pst files are create , prf.tmp and have the same size with the original pst files. Could you tell me what possible create these tmp files or a way to find out how they are creating thank you ...

Business Portal Show user
Hey, Does anyone know of how to get the business portal to display who is logged on at that moment in the header area? Thanks ...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

rms database blank
Good evening, I want a RMS 2.0 (created with latest sp if possible) beucase I would to write a .NET library to manage rms db from external software. I have only rms 1.3, our partner now don't send sp from 1 year .. thank you cod ...

If I restore an old Money file . . .
.. . . will it overwrite the post date of download information? When I went to Money Plus I did not realize that it wasn't going to absorb my old money info into the new file. IOW, currently Money Plus dated items only go back to the date of download installation and has ignored the first 1/2 of the year's entries. They are on a back-up file but will it erase the current info if restored? In microsoft.public.money, OldFatDog wrote: >. . . will it overwrite the post date of download information? When I went to >Money Plus I did not realize that it wasn't going to absor...

can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ??
need help new can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ?? THANKS Sure you "can", but the question is why? If you want to create a new empty database, then you would dismount the Mailbox store, then delete, move or rename the existing files. Next, simply re-mount the Mailbox store and you will be presented with a message box indicating that new blank databases will be created and do you want to proceed. That's really all there is to it. If you have any mail in the old databases, I'd seriously recommend that you either rename or move them instead of dele...

Dr Watson if open a Shared Workbook
HI whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. What i can do. Thx Chris Leave the file unshared "chris73" <stop@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:3fbc917f.0407160508.14cf9b9f@posting.google.com... : HI : whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. : If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. : : What i can do. : : Thx : Chris ...

MS CRM Certification question

MS Money 2005 Basics