MS Excel Worksheets

I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create
an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field
that is common to all. Which function does this?
Thank you.
0
Wordgeek (8)

What do you mean by "combines the related fields"?

If you mean "sums" then you can use

    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1)

where Sheet1 is the left-most sheet and Sheet5 is the right-most sheet
that you want to sum.

In article <5F8164C9-E8F9-44B4-A846-505906F69F40@microsoft.com>,
 "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create
> an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field
> that is common to all. Which function does this?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/28/2004 4:05:07 PM
It sounds like you need the =VLOOKUP worksheet function, possibly nested in
an =ISNA function. Check out the Excel Help on these.

"Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create
> an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the
> field
> that is common to all. Which function does this?
> Thank you.

0
Ian

open workbook on same worksheet
Hi, Can anybody advise how I can get my workbook to automaticaly default to a certain worksheet once opened, ie when the workbooked is opened it will always default to the 'welcome' worksheet. thanks ps I'm a novice - so go easy Excel opens workbooks with the same sheet active as when the workbook was saved. The only way around that is to use a macro to switch sheets when the workbook opens. Of course this requires that the user not disable macros. Open the VBE and select the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this code in, changing Sheet1 to your sheet: Private Sub Workbook_Ope...

How can I write vertically in some columns on an Excel spreadshee.
I am a teacher and take attendance on Excel spreadsheets. I want to vertically write 'Christmas Holiday" or other wording in some columns. I would imagine there is a way, perhaps using PowerPointm but I do not know it. Also I have not been able to find it in 'help'. Any help out there? Select the cell that contains the text Choose Format>Cells Select the Alignment tab In the Orientation section, click on the Vertical text, or drag the red diamond to rotate the text Click OK Teacher using spreadsheets wrote: > I am a teacher and take attendance on Excel spread...

MS Outlook 2007

excel #41
Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel Select the list - Data=>sort -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5907F16-F453-4458-94E5-FBA82BFDDB46@microsoft.com... > Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel Yes you can. You need to highlight the entire worksheet and then index by the selected field that you want in alphabetical order ----- sean wrote: ---- Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Military Time in Excel
I would like to create a timetable in Excel with the format in the 24 hour clock without the colon, which I believe is known as military time. I am leaving the colon out for a number of reasons, aesthetic and to speed up entry. I wish to enter the time, for example, 8:30 am as 0800 and have Excel interpret it as a time, as these will be graphed, so need to be interpreted as time, and not plainly a number. At the moment Excel simply shows "800" when I type 0800. I have tried formatting all the cells as Custom "hhmm" instead of "hh:mm", but when ...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS CRM Certification question

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

excel add-ons

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

is xl worksheet multiuser
is it possible to make xl worksheet multi user for data entry, i think multiple users can open it as read only, but i want to write in it as well.. Murtaza, there are two features that you should investigate. One is Share Workbook on the Tools menu. The other is Protect and Share Workbook under Protection on the Tools menu. Both allow multiple users to access and modify a workbook simultaneously. (I'm working with Excel 2003. The wording of the commands may be different in earlier versions but I believe both features have been in Excel since 97.) -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office ...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

My Excel file won't close on my Mac

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

excel if, then...problem
Is it possible to have a cell's color changed depending on another cells value? For example... We keep track of shipments coming in that are 1) either for customers or "STOCK" 2) a certain amount of cubic footage. This is what I'm inquiring... Let's say that the cubic footage is anything over 20 could the corresponding cell with the "Company's name" be changed to blue And, if the customer is anything other than "STOCK" could it be changed to yellow? Attached is a copy of the form that we use....however we color the cells ourselves. I'm jus...

Excel 2007 - VBA
How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba? I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything??? Tried it 3 times. I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not actually format the xaxis when run again?! QB Hi, Try, With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels .Alignment = xlCenter .Offset = 100 .ReadingOrder = xlContext .Orientation = -70 End With Cheer Andy On 24/02/2010 15:32, QB wrote: > How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg usi...