moving values from sheet to another

I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one shee
(sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet)
So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on th
main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet)
Is this possible? Thank you. :) :

--
makdaddy92
makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938

On the main sheet in the cell to which you want to carry forward the value
from Sheet2 type =Sheet2!A1 where A1 is the cell on sheet 2 where the formula
resides.  Is this what you are wanting to do?

"makdaddy925" wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one sheet
> (sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet).
> So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on the
> main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet).
> Is this possible? Thank you. :) :)
>

> --
> makdaddy925
> makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29385
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491898

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

XPath get the max value
can we get the max value of element from xpath e.g: Xpath Query Expression: /Books/Book[@id='3'] to select XMLNode which id is "3" Can I use Xpath to get the MAX Book id? Thanks in advanced. beachboy wrote: > can we get the max value of element from xpath > > e.g: Xpath Query Expression: /Books/Book[@id='3'] to select XMLNode which id > is "3" > > Can I use Xpath to get the MAX Book id? This XPath expression /Books/Book[not(@id <= preceding-sibling::Book/@id) and not(@id <= following-sibling::Book/@id)] selects the B...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Setting Error #VALUE,#REF,#NAME, etc.
I am working on a work book that I want to use as a template. How do I hide all of the errors for the formulas in the cells that appear before the data is entered to make the formula function. What would be the best approach? "Gulfman100" <Gulfman100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F893F2B5-13AF-4AE0-AB48-92DB4571A39E@microsoft.com... >I am working on a work book that I want to use as a template. How do I hide > all of the errors for the formulas in the cells that appear before the > data > is entered to make the formula function. What would be...

Preventing Sheet Deletion
xl2k/Win2kPro I probably know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway(!). Is there any way to protect against deleting a *specific* worksheet other than intercepting the event in VBA? I was hoping that protecting the sheet would do it, but it doesn't. I don't want to disallow deleting other sheets (so protecting the workbook structure is not what I want). -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I don't think so, and intercepting via VB code would be ineffective if the user chose to open with macros disabled. You can make a ...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Assigning letter for numerical value
want to assign a letter or number based on calculated value (much like a grading scale.) If calc value is: ..0 to .25= I ..26 to .50= H .. .. .. final one >5.1 =A can you do as an array beside doing the If > and < formula thx Use the =VLOOKUP() function -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Reno" wrote: > want to assign a letter or number based on calculated value (much like a > grading scale.) If calc value is: > .0 to .25= I > .26 to .50= H > . > . > . > final one >5.1 =A > > can you do as an array b...

Countif across multiple sheets
Hi there, I am using the following formula (see below), but wondering if the sheetnames I enter have to be in the EXACT order that there are in the spreadsheet? =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&BA2:BA151&"'!e50"),"x")) where BA2:BA151 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells ... AND e50 is the cell I am referencing in every sheet. I get a #REF! error. Thanks I get the Ref error only if a sheet name is mispelled or if one of the cells that is supposed to have a sheet name is empty "Tim" wrote: ...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Comparing two values in different worksheets and extracting value
Hello, I have the following problem with which I need some help: I have two different worksheets with article numbers and quantity data. One of these includes the whole set of articles, while the other holds only a selection of articles. I need to compare the article numbers and extract a value from another column in the first worksheet when these article numbers match. E.g.: worksheet 1 article number quantity 12345 12 98765 worksheet 2 article number 12345 I want to extract the quantity number from worksheet 1 into worksheet 2, only for the matchin...

Moving Folder error

sorting of a column/sheet
I exported from Outlook 2000 to an excel format, my contact list of customers. With Outlook you can have your contacts in more than one category such as Business and Contractors. When exporting from Outlook, it doesn't seperate the two categories. Once in excel, is there an easy way to seperate the two categories that ended up in one column? The whole sheet has a column for name Title,address, category, email address, etc. Hi John you might like to look at the data / text to columns option for separating the data ... please post back if you need more help (with a sample of th...