Moving numbers to two decimal places i think...

well heres my problem-   im trying to copy a "total" price from exce
into a vbe using a controlsource, the problem is in excel it display
�593.01 but in vbe i get 593.009, how could i set it up to display
pound sign and take it to the nearest two decimal places

--
4nd
4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494

Hi 4ndy,

Sub Tester()
    Dim MyVar As Double

    MyVar = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value
    MsgBox Format(MyVar, "�#,##0.00")
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"4ndy" <4ndy.1djtgn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> well heres my problem-   im trying to copy a "total" price from excel
> into a vbe using a controlsource, the problem is in excel it displays
> �593.01 but in vbe i get 593.009, how could i set it up to display a
> pound sign and take it to the nearest two decimal places?
>

> --
> 4ndy
> 4ndy's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14945
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265851

0
normanjones (1047)
10/3/2004 11:54:47 AM
Hi
in Excel use something like
=ROUND(value,2)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

4ndy wrote:
> well heres my problem-   im trying to copy a "total" price from excel
> into a vbe using a controlsource, the problem is in excel it displays
> �593.01 but in vbe i get 593.009, how could i set it up to display a
> pound sign and take it to the nearest two decimal places?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Number format #18
\*CardText Displays results as cardinal text. The result is formatted in lowercase letters unless you add a format switch to specify a different capitalization. For example, { = SUM(A1:B2) \* CardText } displays "seven hundred ninety", and { = SUM(A1:B2) \* CardText \* Caps } displays "Seven Hundred Ninety". What is the similar syntax in Excel to display the sum in words? See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Mani K" <Mani K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Moving license to a new computer

m_strFilter and numbers and dates
How do I create my m_strFilter expression in searching for a number or a data? It works great on text the way I have it written but bombs on numbers and dates. What you probably need is the CString::Format function or something similar. You can do something like CString str; str.Format(_T("Table.Value > %ul"), UserVal); MyRecordSet.m_strFilter = str; To check for dates, you would do something like str.Format(_T("Table.Time > %f"), UserDateTime.m_dt); -- Bjarne Nielsen "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:%23BT5gTFmD...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Where does the A/P trade discount G/L number come from?
When a Trade Discount is entered on an invoice from the Enter/Match Invoices window, where does the G/L account number come from for it? We don't have an account defined on the vendor record for Trade Discount, and Trade Discount isn't one of the accounts you can define in the Posting Accounts generic setup for Purchasing - so where would the number be coming from? The only place that particular account is set up in Posting Accounts is under Term Discounts Taken and Term Discounts Available in the Sales category - surely GP wouldn't be using one of those for an A/P trade di...

Formatting numbers as words
I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to accomplish that. Thanks for any help. On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:28:02 -0700, kltino wrote: > I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested > in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a > dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to > accomplish that. Thanks for any help...

How can I convert this number into a week#
Hello, I am trying to determine if it is possible to convert a 6 digit number into a week - for example: 050525 = yymmdd = 2005, May 25th and I want my field to determine what the week number of the year is... This week is week 21, therefore based on my entry of the date format above I want the week column autofilled... Is this possible? Thanks - Have a Good One!! I also forgot one thing - the number that I have in my first column is actually like this: yymmdd-<5 digit random#> Therefore I also need to know how I can parse the first 6 digits and ignore the rest of the -<5 ...

Phone Number Normalization Problem
We are using the Avaya CRM Integration Client for CRM. It has some dialing and screen pop capabilities that we need to use. For the Avaya CRM Integration Client the phone numbers must be formatted in the following format: XXXXXXXXXX We have created some JavaScript code to re-format phone numbers with the onChange event. The event works fine. It only works, however, if we resave the record. Then we only have about 60-120 seconds to dial or receive a call before CRM (we think it's actually the Microsoft Outlook synchronization) reformats the phone number and causes the CRM integration piec...

Script to automatically create case number
Hello All I am very new to scripting and need to fill the following requirement if anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would help me tremendously!! I think I need to do some type of lookup to the last two digits in the systems year and agent number custom field for an onload event. The case number will be created following the format YY-XXX-ZZ ( YY is the two digit year, XXX is the agent number, and ZZ is an integer beginning at 01 for the agent's first case for that year and incremented by 1 for every subsequent case that year). Year and Agent Number can be derived f...

watermark page numbers
I have done a spreadsheet i\on an 11 x 17 page. But I need to fax it on an 81/2 x 11 sheet. How can I print the page numbers as a watermark so the end user can tell how the pages should match up. ...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Account number change / duplicate accounts
My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of duplicate accounts for that bank. Fine...I merge duplicate accounts and everything should be fine, right? The next time money updates, it creates ANOTHER set of duplicate accounts. If I merge these I lose all my old transactions. How do I correct this? In microsoft.public.money, Banjolicious wrote: >My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials >used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of >duplicate accounts fo...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...