Moving Multiple Rows at one time

I have a worksheet that contains relevant data (I imported the data) in 2
rows; every 2 rows is a new incidence of data.
Example:
(row 1) Hold Flag
(row 2)    FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3)
(row 3) Date
(row 4)    FIELD: DATE (Length=6)
and so on.
What I need, is for row 1 to be in column 1 and for row 2 to be in column 3
(same row) so that the data looks like this:
Hold Flag <empty cell> FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3)
Date <empty cell> FIELD: DATE (Length=6)
Can anyone help me?
Excel doesn't allow me to select and drag/drop multiple (every other) cells
at a time.
(As an added bonus, if you can tell me how to put the (length=x) into a 3rd
column that would be great.!!)
I have very limited knowledge of programming in Excel. This spreadsheet has
over 5000 rows and I can't do this manually.
Thanks
Lynda
0
M (187)

Put this in C1:

=if(mod(row(),2)=1,A2,"DELETE")

And drag down column C.

Select column C
edit|copy, edit|paste special|values

Filter by column C to show just the DELETES
delete those visible rows.

After I had the data in one row, then I'd use:
edit|replace
what:  (
with:  ,(
replace all

Then I could select column C and do
data|text to columns
delimited
by comma

And I think I'd be done.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Put this in C1:
>
> =if(mod(row(),2)=1,A2,"DELETE")
>
> And drag down column C.
>
> Select column C
> edit|copy, edit|paste special|values
>
> Filter by column C to show just the DELETES
> delete those visible rows.
>
> After I had the data in one row, then I'd use:
> edit|replace
> what:  (
> with:  ,(
> replace all
>
> Then I could select column C and do
> data|text to columns
> delimited
> by comma
>
> And I think I'd be done.
>
> Lynda M wrote:
> >
> > I have a worksheet that contains relevant data (I imported the data) in 2
> > rows; every 2 rows is a new incidence of data.
> > Example:
> > (row 1) Hold Flag
> > (row 2)    FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3)
> > (row 3) Date
> > (row 4)    FIELD: DATE (Length=6)
> > and so on.
> > What I need, is for row 1 to be in column 1 and for row 2 to be in column 3
> > (same row) so that the data looks like this:
> > Hold Flag <empty cell> FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3)
> > Date <empty cell> FIELD: DATE (Length=6)
> > Can anyone help me?
> > Excel doesn't allow me to select and drag/drop multiple (every other) cells
> > at a time.
> > (As an added bonus, if you can tell me how to put the (length=x) into a 3rd
> > column that would be great.!!)
> > I have very limited knowledge of programming in Excel. This spreadsheet has
> > over 5000 rows and I can't do this manually.
> > Thanks
> > Lynda
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
LyndaM (1)

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Still looking for bugs ?
Just updating M2006 prices and some quotes missing, so I did it manually. I HAD connected to Fidelity to fetch an email and while there I checked my portfolio to get the quotes. While connected, I noticed my cash reserves balance was off ( interest last month ? ), SO in Money, I pull up "brokerage account " - "account summary" - "Adjust balance" from lower left - click in the Cash box and - get a bugcheck - 3 times in a row. I never tried to do this before in M2006 - does it work for others ?? Then I got the " Send bugcheck info" and I guess tha...

Moving Exchange 2000

Long processing times
I have a HP Vectra VI (Pentium-4) PC with 256-K RAM running Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. When I'm working on a large Excel 2000 worksheet, the run-time to complete an action (like calculating; replacing; inserting rows or columns; etc) gets progressively longer the more times I do the action. For example, the FIRST time, it completes almost immediately; the next time, it many seconds; the next time, a few minutes; the next time, several minutes; then many minutes; and, in some instances, an hour or more. (The longest time has been over 3 hours). It seems that Ex...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Multiple Catalogue Merges: Same Publication
I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven. Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1 catalogue merge per publication). Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise? A macro could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields. I don't see how a macro could replicate that. SeanRW Version: Publisher 2007 Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.m...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Unable to select multiple workbook sheets
I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP and have a problem I have never encountered on any other version or machine. All my workbook tabs are white instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected. Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting all will allow multiple sheets to be selected. What am I missing here, I see nothing in options that allows this configuration? Detect and repair does not change the situation. If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver compatability issue? I've heard of some interestin...

Can the max. number of 65,000 rows in Excel be increased?
I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel spreadsheet. Hi You can go as far as 65536 - and no further! -- Andy. "JWallCovista" <JWallCovista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD152297-DA57-4401-9A0A-3EC4307AF1BA@microsoft.com... >I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel >spreadsheet. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel If you do a google search you'll find some macros that people have offered that will put the first 65k+ rows in the first sheet, the next 65k in t...

Multiple user excel file
I want to create an excel file which can be use by multiple user at a time and the data updated in these files should bet stored in a centralized user file. I don't know how to go about it. Could you please help me out with this? I have created that input excel file using forms. one way to do it is to create multiple excel files and use a master file to link them all. e.g. create 4 files, master.xls, user1.xls, user2.xls, user3.xls formula in master.xls: A B C =[user1.xls]Sheet1!A1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C1 =[user2.xls]Sheet1!A2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B2. =[user1....

Enable multiple payments to display on invoices/sales orders
We often receive a deposit and then final payment. Currently the invlice will only show one payment (the last). This should be fixed so that multiple payments can be shown on the customer receipt. Thanks, Jason ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Moving Pages between two publications

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Vlookup multiple #2
We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) all of them are for for the same customer we want to have several lines on invoice for each invoice automatically filled itemized with vlookup, or what is if we need only invoice from a10? auto filter or sort -- paul paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz remove nospam for email addy! "dk" wrote: > We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 > vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) > all of them are for...

Multiple Outlook Sessions With Unique PST's
Hi there, I want to set up two different Outlook PST's and have two Outlook icons - one that will open Outlook with the first PST and one that will open Outlook with the second PST. I don't need to run them simultaneously. I just want to be able to have the two instances of Outlook be totally separate from each other. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. James Seperate Profiles? Use the mail applet in the control panel to create a new profile, prompt for profile, and add or create a new pst "James Martin" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in message news...

Countif across multiple sheets
Hi there, I am using the following formula (see below), but wondering if the sheetnames I enter have to be in the EXACT order that there are in the spreadsheet? =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&BA2:BA151&"'!e50"),"x")) where BA2:BA151 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells ... AND e50 is the cell I am referencing in every sheet. I get a #REF! error. Thanks I get the Ref error only if a sheet name is mispelled or if one of the cells that is supposed to have a sheet name is empty "Tim" wrote: ...