Moving from cell to cell

Up until about a week ago as I would be in a cell and wanted to move to the
cell above, I'd simply click on the up arrow. To move to the right, click on
the right arrow and so on.

Now the same cell remains selected and the entire work sheet moves in the
direction of the arrow. I have opened older document with the same result.

Any ideas?

0
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Try turning the scroll lock off.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
> Up until about a week ago as I would be in a cell and wanted to move to
> the cell above, I'd simply click on the up arrow. To move to the right,
> click on the right arrow and so on.
>
> Now the same cell remains selected and the entire work sheet moves in the
> direction of the arrow. I have opened older document with the same result.
>
> Any ideas?

0
normanjones (1047)
8/8/2005 4:07:13 AM
Chuck,
Is your "scroll lock" on the keyboard on?

Dave

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20435

"Piranha" <Piranha.1tfj6c_1123477509.3318@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Piranha.1tfj6c_1123477509.3318@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Chuck,
> Is your "scroll lock" on the keyboard on?
>
> Dave
> Chuck Davis Wrote:
>> Up until about a week ago as I would be in a cell and wanted to move to
>> the
>> cell above, I'd simply click on the up arrow. To move to the right,
>> click on
>> the right arrow and so on.
>>
>> Now the same cell remains selected and the entire work sheet moves in
>> the
>> direction of the arrow. I have opened older document with the same
>> result.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Piranha
> Piranha's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20435
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393759

Live and learn. I have used the Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard since 1995. I
had to replace it last year and the new one has a whole row of "funny"
buttons that I have never used. It took a while to see "ScrLk" on the front
edge. Things work as expected now. Thanks folks!

0
Chuck

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Moving license to a new computer

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

Keyboard Nav scrolls instead of next cell
Excel 2003 Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the whole worksheet scrolls in that direction instead. It didn't use to do that. What happened, and how do I undo it? Many thanks. Ken Hi you probably have enabled 'Sroll Lock'. Try hitting the 'SCRLCK' key on your keyboard -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ken Isaacson wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving > to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the who...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Counting changes in fill colors for cells
I am a fairly new user to Excel and need to know if a cell fill color can be used to count as a quanity Depending on what you mean... See XL help for conditional formatting and/or see Chip Pearson's pag on subject of color and UDF (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm), though the latter might b a bit too much for an XL beginner ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This would have been a reply from the newsgroup. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Cell Not Formatting correctly.
Okay, here is my issue. I formatted a column for phone number - the only way the phone number will show formatted is if I double click in the cell or if I click on the cell and press F2. What's going on? I tried to Edit|Clear|Formats but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? The list I need to format is over a few thousand rows. Thanks for the help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I know what you mean.......some cells seem to get &...

Adding a letter before a digit in pre populated cell.
Hi Guys, I have a simple one here, I have rows 1 - 100, I want to put a letter before each digit. IE. OP1 OP2 OP3 How would I go about this without having to do it manually. Cheers. Select the 3 you entered then grab the fill handle in the lower right corner and drag it down as far as you want. -- Jim <mdujardin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a661d8c2-cb1c-4465-be3f-0cfb324e17d3@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi Guys, | | I have a simple one here, I have rows 1 - 100, I want to put a letter | before each digit. | | IE. | | OP1 | OP2 | OP3 | | How would I go about this with...