Moving data between worksheets ...

Hi,

Wonder if someone can help me please?

I have a sheet in a workbook called "Sheet1" (please see
www.iedmont.blogspot.com/) and what I am trying to do is move all rows
that contain a date into a separate sheet within the workbook called
"JanArchive".

"JanArchive" already contains archived entries and I would like to
combine the data from "Sheet1" with the data from "JanArchive".

Can anyone offer any suggestions how to do this please?

Many thanks for your time.

Ian Edmont.

0
iedmont (11)

Select cells in sheet which you wish to move.  From Menus pick Edit then
the cut option (you can also use your right mouse button for the
shortcut menus which will bring up these options)

Go to sheet where you want the information to appear.

Select (or right click) in first availble cell and choose paste.

If you are a bit worried that you might loose your information from
sheet 1 while doing this, then you could always choose the copy option
under edit instead, then go back and delete either the information or
the sheet if no longer needed.

--
jujuwillis
jujuwillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2123

Try this:

Option Explicit

Const csz_dst_sheet As String = "JanArchive"
Const csz_src_sheet As String = "Sheet1"

Sub movedata()
Dim wsd As Worksheet 'dst worksheet
Dim wss As Worksheet 'src worksheet
Dim rd As Long ' dst row
Dim rs As Long ' src row

Set wsd = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_dst_sheet)
Set wss = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_src_sheet)

'find last row on dst
rd = 2
While wsd.Cells(rd, 1) <> ""
    rd = rd + 1
Wend

rs = 2
While wss.Cells(rs, 1) <> ""
    If wss.Cells(rs, 2) <> "" Then
        wss.Rows(rs).Copy Destination:=wsd.Rows(rd)
        rd = rd + 1
    End If
    rs = rs + 1
Wend
Set wss = Nothing
Set wsd = Nothing
End Sub
'------------
--
HTHs Martin

"Ian Edmont" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wonder if someone can help me please?
>
> I have a sheet in a workbook called "Sheet1" (please see
> www.iedmont.blogspot.com/) and what I am trying to do is move all rows
> that contain a date into a separate sheet within the workbook called
> "JanArchive".
>
> "JanArchive" already contains archived entries and I would like to
> combine the data from "Sheet1" with the data from "JanArchive".
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions how to do this please?
>
> Many thanks for your time.
>
> Ian Edmont.

Thanks for that Martin, it worked fine however it leaves the rows on
Sheet1 in place.

Is there a way to delete the rows from Sheet1 after they have been
transferred to JanArchive?

Many thanks.

Ian Edmont.

Martin Fishlock wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Option Explicit
>
> Const csz_dst_sheet As String = "JanArchive"
> Const csz_src_sheet As String = "Sheet1"
>
> Sub movedata()
> Dim wsd As Worksheet 'dst worksheet
> Dim wss As Worksheet 'src worksheet
> Dim rd As Long ' dst row
> Dim rs As Long ' src row
>
> Set wsd = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_dst_sheet)
> Set wss = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_src_sheet)
>
> 'find last row on dst
> rd = 2
> While wsd.Cells(rd, 1) <> ""
>     rd = rd + 1
> Wend
>
> rs = 2
> While wss.Cells(rs, 1) <> ""
>     If wss.Cells(rs, 2) <> "" Then
>         wss.Rows(rs).Copy Destination:=wsd.Rows(rd)
>         rd = rd + 1
>     End If
>     rs = rs + 1
> Wend
> Set wss = Nothing
> Set wsd = Nothing
> End Sub
> '------------
> --
> HTHs Martin
>

> "Ian Edmont" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Wonder if someone can help me please?
> >
> > I have a sheet in a workbook called "Sheet1" (please see
> > www.iedmont.blogspot.com/) and what I am trying to do is move all rows
> > that contain a date into a separate sheet within the workbook called
> > "JanArchive".
> >
> > "JanArchive" already contains archived entries and I would like to
> > combine the data from "Sheet1" with the data from "JanArchive".
> >
> > Can anyone offer any suggestions how to do this please?
> >
> > Many thanks for your time.
> >
> > Ian Edmont.

0
iedmont (11)
1/19/2006 9:06:08 AM
Ian on the second loop modify it as thus:

rs = 2
While wss.Cells(rs, 1) <> ""
       If wss.Cells(rs, 2) <> "" Then
            wss.Rows(rs).Copy Destination:=wsd.Rows(rd)
            wss.rows(rs).Delete
             rd = rd + 1
        else
            rs = rs + 1
       End If
Wend

--
HTHs Martin

"Ian Edmont" wrote:

> Thanks for that Martin, it worked fine however it leaves the rows on
> Sheet1 in place.
>
> Is there a way to delete the rows from Sheet1 after they have been
> transferred to JanArchive?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Ian Edmont.
>

> Martin Fishlock wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> >
> > Option Explicit
> >
> > Const csz_dst_sheet As String = "JanArchive"
> > Const csz_src_sheet As String = "Sheet1"
> >
> > Sub movedata()
> > Dim wsd As Worksheet 'dst worksheet
> > Dim wss As Worksheet 'src worksheet
> > Dim rd As Long ' dst row
> > Dim rs As Long ' src row
> >
> > Set wsd = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_dst_sheet)
> > Set wss = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_src_sheet)
> >
> > 'find last row on dst
> > rd = 2
> > While wsd.Cells(rd, 1) <> ""
> >     rd = rd + 1
> > Wend
> >
> > rs = 2
> > While wss.Cells(rs, 1) <> ""
> >     If wss.Cells(rs, 2) <> "" Then
> >         wss.Rows(rs).Copy Destination:=wsd.Rows(rd)
> >         rd = rd + 1
> >     End If
> >     rs = rs + 1
> > Wend
> > Set wss = Nothing
> > Set wsd = Nothing
> > End Sub
> > '------------
> > --
> > HTHs Martin
> >

> > "Ian Edmont" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Wonder if someone can help me please?
> > >
> > > I have a sheet in a workbook called "Sheet1" (please see
> > > www.iedmont.blogspot.com/) and what I am trying to do is move all rows
> > > that contain a date into a separate sheet within the workbook called
> > > "JanArchive".
> > >
> > > "JanArchive" already contains archived entries and I would like to
> > > combine the data from "Sheet1" with the data from "JanArchive".
> > >
> > > Can anyone offer any suggestions how to do this please?
> > >
> > > Many thanks for your time.
> > >
> > > Ian Edmont.

Thanks very much Martin. Exactly what I needed.

Ian Edmont.

0
iedmont (11)