more than 65, 500 rows #2

 Is there a product that allows more than 65k rows?
0
frankp23 (4)

"frankp23" wrote:

>  Is there a product that allows more than 65k rows?

REPLY:
Only ACCESS or WORD allow an unlimited quantity of rows.

So, the tricky way to get let say 650 000 rows in one EXCEL file  is to open
your heavy file with WinWORD, to cut it in 10 paragraphs, to create an 10
sheets XL file and to copy/paste each paragraph in one sheet.
So, you'll get an 650 K worksheet database.
Hope this helps,
SergeTD
0
sergeTD (1)
9/18/2004 8:23:01 AM
quattro pro - 100, 000 rows

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

Thought it was 2M rows and 18000 Columns for QP

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"icestationzbra" <icestationzbra.1crt4n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> quattro pro - 100, 000 rows.
>

> --
> icestationzbra
> icestationzbra's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4580
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=261214

---

ken.wright (2489)
9/18/2004 11:00:05 AM
you must be wright! my 'ken' seems to be narrower than yours, ken :-)..

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26121

LOL  :-)

--

"icestationzbra" <icestationzbra.1cs4pb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> you must be wright! my 'ken' seems to be narrower than yours, ken :-)...
>

> --
> icestationzbra
> icestationzbra's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4580
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=261214

---

ken.wright (2489)
9/18/2004 1:23:02 PM
In version 10, it's 1 million rows.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:00:05 +0100, "Ken Wright"
<ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Thought it was 2M rows and 18000 Columns for QP

0
anonymous (74722)
9/18/2004 6:05:51 PM
LOL - I stand corrected - Cheers Myrna  :-)

--

"Myrna Larson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In version 10, it's 1 million rows.
>
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:00:05 +0100, "Ken Wright"
> <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Thought it was 2M rows and 18000 Columns for QP

---

ken.wright (2489)

Object linking and embedding error #2
Hi there, I have a user who is having problems opening a spreadsheet. Everytime he goes to open it, an error comes up: 'Cannot use object linking and embedding' It also mentions something about VBA libraries (14). Has anyone got any ideas what could cause this? Best Regards Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) ...

if i select a cell then i want row containing that cell selected
i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on the key col, filter out that certain value, then copy the filtered rows, and paste special as values/formats elsewhere as required -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Maaz" wrote: > i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. ...

Weird CString Problem #2
Hi List, does anyone knows why this LPCTSTR Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send("Test",sizeof("Test")+1); can cause an exception like this: Unhandled exception at 0x0040597e in FCS.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002e4. Same exception when trying this: CString Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send((LPCSTR)Message,Message.GetLength()); It seems every time I try to use CString in Parameters this causes an exception. Even when it goes like void MyFun...

RUS problems #2
I'm receving this error on Exchange 2003 clustered environment(error listed below). I've notice that the error doesn't appear on one of the two active servers. I have gone through several KB articles (KB 290419, 813877, and 839912, 254030) none of which have worked. Any suggestions are needed. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 7/7/2005 Time: 8:24:16 AM User: N/A Computer: Active server Description: LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: CN=Recipient Update Service (CO...

Wrapping A Long Row
I'm a newcommer to Excel and have a sheet with a long row of data (ove 1,000 entries). It would be nice if there was a way to wrap the lis into columns on a sheet so that the actual report isn't so many page with emty space around the data. Is there a way to do this? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe this can help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Slowhand >" <<Slowhand.179z9a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message n...

Autofilter includes extra row
Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. Anything I can do? George Gee Do you have a hidden blank row or a very narrow blank row above the last row? Deal with that. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:16:09 +0100, "George Gee" <georgegee@nomaps.com> wrote: >Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the >sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. > >Anything I can do? > >George Gee >...

Money 2005 Small Biz Edition #2
I am having a problem with the small biz edition of Money 2005. I am not that familiar with the product so hopefully this will be an easy fix, but according to all the Microsfot directions, I am doing everything correctly. I want to create a custom invoice for my company, so I used the invoice designer and saved it to where ever it defaults to. OnceI did that, I put all the appropriate customer info in, and created the invoice. I went to print it, and it did not have my custom invoice as a selection possibility, nor was there an option to locate the template. If I do a step by step a...

.txt to .xls- How to get header row also
I am using Office Beta 2003. How do I convert a text file to Excel AND include the header line? I can do it for rows 1+ of data but don't know how to get the header. When a question goes several hours without an answer it usually means it is unclear. It's unclear to me what you mean by a header line. Perhaps you could give a specific example. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Start a new workbook and record a macro when you import your .txt file next time. But don't stop recording after you've brought the data in. Insert a row for headers, add filters, layout your print setti...

Sharing a Workbook #2
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I designed a finance matri for the company I work for so that the phone reps are able to decid whether or not an applicant qualifies for a credit card. The spreadsheet has a bunch of macros, drop down lists, and such. I is important that I track every 'set' of information that is keyed in. Right now, I have a button called "Submit" and it takes the info tha was keyed in, and stores it in another 'hidden' sheet in the workbook. I have 20 copies of the workbook, one for each employee. The proble arises when I need to make...

Randomly Choose Cells from Colum/Row
hello. i'm not sure if this is possible, but i'm trying to randomly select multiple cells from a colum to be evaluated. for example, say i have a clumn of 10 cells. i'd like this function in another cell to select 3 cells from the 10 at random. is this possible? thanks In a column next to the column containing the ten data items enter: =RAND() and copy down. Touch F9 and then sort by the newly entered column. This will "randomize" your data. Just take the top three cells. Whenever you want a new sample, repeat the process -- Gary''s Student "J&qu...

Color Code report
Hi, I am working on a customize report. The datasource for the report is filled by code. I am wondering if it's possible for me to highlight rows with if one field of current record is different from the previous record. The report is currently sorted in a specific order. Thanks for help! You can do this with code in the report's events. 1. Declare a variable in the General Declarations section of the report's module (at the top, with the option statements.) 2. In the Print event procedure of the (Detail?) section, store the current record's value to the variable. 3....

Installed Word XP only, then applied Office SP3, then Excel
Hiii 1. i installed Word XP only a long time ago coz it was my main interest. 2. After office SP3 has been released, i applied it 3. These days, i have found myself need 2 use Excel so i installed it from the original CD-ROM But the strange thing is that when i clicl on help->about in Excel, it reads: Microsoft Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626)SP3 And this means that Excel is updated too but how can this happen without re-applying the patch and do i really need 2 re-apply the patch even though Excel's version give me the impression that it has been updated someway (although i have ins...

XML Serialization : Error reflecting field.... #2

convert columns to rows & rows to columns
Help! I need to change the format of sheet3 of a workbook, making th rows into columns and the columns into rows. This worksheet has formul links with the other sheets in that workbook, as well as formula link in other workbooks. How can this be done and still maintain th integrity of the information being imported automatically from th other sheets and workbooks? Can it be done -- ROCKWARRIO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROCKWARRIOR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

converting rows to comma delimited list
Hello, Is there a way to take a ton of rows of an id in the first column, an output them into a comma delimited list so I can load them into a SQ query and search on them? Once I saw someone do this with the concatenate function but I can' remember how it was done. If I could just add a comma on the end o every instance of the id, I'd be solved. Thanks, :) :) Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com any help? I've got 3000+ rows and just one column, an id field. All I need to do is throw a comma in after every id. That way I can copy the whole column and pa...

65
5665 ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home.
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

rounding #2
I have a spreadsheet that has several tabs with some columns of whole numbers, I would like to round these numbers to millions with either formatting or a function. Example: I would like to format the numbers from $6,236,897 to be $6.2 Can this be done easily, without adding additional columns to all the tabs? Thank you On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:19:06 -0700, "Jerome Alper" <jerome.alper@diageo.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheet that has several tabs with some >columns of whole numbers, I would like to round these >numbers to millions with either formatting or ...

Display bitmap in larger dimensions than original #2
How can i display an image in larger dimensions than its original dimensions. Image is to be displayed in a picture control . E.G. a image of original dimension 320 X 240 is to be displayed in 800 X 600 i have tried it with CPaintDC(this); dc.StretchBlt(left, top, 800, 600, &m_dcMem, 0, 0,320,240, SRCCOPY); but it get flooded on dialog box ? is there any solution. Plz reply quickly... ...

spontaneously changed subject lines #2
Hi, A lot of our users experience problems with spontaneously 'changed' subject lines in Outlook. When sending an e-mail or planning an appointment the enter a subject line. Let say the original subject line they entered was: "Mail for you Boss" After sending the mail/appointment they found out that the subject line was changed in: "???????? Mail for you Boss, or "=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96= =A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1 Mail for your Boss" or something else This happens every time they create/sent a new mail or change/view an existing mail. ...

http/1.1 500 internal server error #2
hi , hope u will be fine by the Grace of God plzz help me i have server 2003 with sp1 and exchange server with sp1 previously my exchange was working properly but from few days when i attach file in outlook web access the error occured is"http/1.1 500 internal server error" where as when i send mail through outlook express there is no error occur so plzz give me some advice so that i can configured my exchange prob , with regards , ali ...

How can I break a graphic into pieces to put it over 2 pages?
Our church secretary needs to take a music score and break it into 2 pieces so she can put it over 2 pages in Publisher. How can she do that? Other than the fact that I answered it once. Ed also answered it about a week ago. (I thought the question seemed familiar.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barb Andersen" <BarbAndersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDAA0043-DCF9-434A-900B-076397A0421D@microsoft.com... > Our church secretary needs to take a music score and break it into 2 > pieces > so she can put it over 2 pages in Publis...

stock updates #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. I use Money 2003 with Windows XP and I used to be able to update my portfolio prices online. But now, when I click on update prices, the only option it gives me is to update prices manually. The last time it updated online was 9/14. Any suggestions? At the bottom when I click on internet updates and customize updates, there is a place for quotes and exchange rates, but it will not let me check that box, it's grayed out. Thanks M03 Standard? And the quotes support period expired??? "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Print data in each row on a seperate sheet template
In Access, you can create a form which views data from each row of the database. When you print it automatically cycles through each row, printing out identical sheets with just the data changing. Is it possible to do this in excel without transferring the data to Access? You could put a page break at each row. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C614E61-1294-4956-B062-66B84845CE6F@micro...

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...