More help with formula

I need 2 formulas for the following:

Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th
numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on
column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe
column.

Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th
individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota
the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns.

For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe
is 5; the same with 2, then 3 all the way thru 100

--
yourproblemslv
yourproblemslvr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2625

=SUMIF(C:G,"<=50")
=SUMIF(C:G,">50")

and

COUNTIF(C:G,1)
etc.

--

HTH

RP

"yourproblemslvr"
<yourproblemslvr.1tphia_1123941906.6594@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:yourproblemslvr.1tphia_1123941906.6594@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26254
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395550

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/13/2005 2:17:11 PM
yourproblemslvr <yourproblemslvr.1tphia_1123941906.6594@excelforum-
nospam.com> wrote in news:yourproblemslvr.1tphia_1123941906.6594
@excelforum-nospam.com:

> I need 2 formulas for the following:
>
> Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If the
> numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in one
> column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into another
> column.
>
> Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If the
> individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) total
> the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns.
>
> For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the number
> is 5; the same with 2, then 3 all the way thru 100.

I've selected range C1:G100 as the numbers range.

In cell I1: =SUMIF(C1:G100;"<=50")
In cell J1: =SUMIF(C1:G100;">50")
In cells K1:K100 numbers 1 through 100
In cell L1: =COUNTIF($C$1:$G$100;K1)

Then L1 is copied downwords to cell L100

Is that what you need?

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

hide formula in cells till data is available for calc
I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it until data becomes available to complete the calculation. This way you don't have a series of #value# in the work sheet. The formula contains an absolute reference as well. Thanks, Kiwi A look at your formula would have been nice. =IF(cellref="","",do something) traps for cellref having no data. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:02:01 -0700, kiwi <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it u...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...

Help -- Help -- Help
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I can't get Outlook. Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of Outlook? Thank you. Donald Donald8044 wrote: > Hi, > > I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. > > I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I > can't get Outlook. > > Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of > Outlook? > > Thank you. > > Donald Umm what exactly do you mean - "but for some...

Drop Down Menu Help #2
Leave a blank row? How would I do that? For the drop down, I use th validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the dro down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect. How would do what you are suggesting -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27475 Then you follow Debra's suggestion. I took for granted that you were using a list contained in a named range, where ...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...