More Date problems

I have a macro that deletes returned records older than 7 days. It first sorts the data into returned date order then checks to see if the first cell is empty (no records returned) and if so, re-sorts the data into the original order (a different date) and quits. If the first cell contains a date less than 7 days old ie date >today()-7, again it re-sorts and quits, otherwise it deletes the data older than 7 days, re-sorts the remaining data and quits.   At least that what is supposed to happen

The line to check the age of the date in the macro below doesn't work. G6 contains a control date displayed in the worksheet being "today()-7"  If I do the comparison in the worksheet itself with a yes/no cell to store the result, then have the macro check for yes/no, it works.  It also doesn't work if I use "If selection >= today()-7

This is the macro

Sub Clean_up(

' Clean_up Macr
' Macro recorded 7/06/2004 by ken

Dim ans As Strin

ans = MsgBox("Deletion of returned files is permanent and irreversible. Do you wish to proceed?", vbYesNo
If ans = vbYes Then GoTo SortMod Else Exit Su

SortMod
    Range("A7:offset(A6,G1-6,5)").Selec
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("F7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo,
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBotto

    Range("F7").Selec

    If Selection = "" Then GoTo DateSort Els

    If Selection >= G6 Then GoTo DateSort Else     [This is the line that doesn't work

    Range("A7:offset(A6,G5,5)").Selec
    Selection.Delet

DateSort
    Run ["Date_Sort"

End Su

Thanks
Ken G.
0
anonymous (74721)

I can't follow exactly what you're doing, but just cleaning up your code
a bit produces

    Public Sub Clean_up()
        Dim ans As String
        ans = MsgBox("Deletion of returned files is permanent and " & _
            "irreversible. Do you wish to proceed?", vbYesNo)
        If ans = vbNo Then Exit Sub
        Range("A7:F" & Range("G1").Value).Sort _
                    Key1:=Range("F7"), _
                    Order1:=xlAscending, _
                    Header:=xlNo, _
                    OrderCustom:=1, _
                    MatchCase:=False, _
                    Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
        With Range("F7")
            If IsNumeric(.Value) Then _
                If .Value < Range("G6").Value Then _
                    Range("A7:F" & Range("G5").Value + 6).Delete
        End With
        Run ["Date_Sort"]
    End Sub

This at least compiles, whereas Range("A7:offset(A6,G1-6,5))").Select
doesn't. Note that you almost never need to select a range in order to
work with it.

In article <8125B822-298C-4C0B-A627-5112602018DD@microsoft.com>,
 "Ken G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a macro that deletes returned records older than 7 days. It first
> sorts the data into returned date order then checks to see if the first cell
> is empty (no records returned) and if so, re-sorts the data into the original
> order (a different date) and quits. If the first cell contains a date less
> than 7 days old ie date >today()-7, again it re-sorts and quits, otherwise it
> deletes the data older than 7 days, re-sorts the remaining data and quits.
> At least that what is supposed to happen.
>
> The line to check the age of the date in the macro below doesn't work. G6
> contains a control date displayed in the worksheet being "today()-7"  If I do
> the comparison in the worksheet itself with a yes/no cell to store the
> result, then have the macro check for yes/no, it works.  It also doesn't work
> if I use "If selection >= today()-7"
>
> This is the macro:
>
> Sub Clean_up()
> '
> ' Clean_up Macro
> ' Macro recorded 7/06/2004 by keng
> '
> Dim ans As String
>
> ans = MsgBox("Deletion of returned files is permanent and irreversible. Do
> you wish to proceed?", vbYesNo)
> If ans = vbYes Then GoTo SortMod Else Exit Sub
>
> SortMod:
>     Range("A7:offset(A6,G1-6,5)").Select
>     Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("F7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo, _
>         OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
>
>     Range("F7").Select
>
>     If Selection = "" Then GoTo DateSort Else
>
>     If Selection >= G6 Then GoTo DateSort Else     [This is the line that
>     doesn't work]
>
>     Range("A7:offset(A6,G5,5)").Select
>     Selection.Delete
>
> DateSort:
>     Run ["Date_Sort"]
>
> End Sub
>

> Thanks,
> Ken G.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/8/2004 9:50:18 AM
Thanks for this. I actually got my original macro to work. Yes it is a bit
messy, but I'm learning!

Thanks again.
Ken G.

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> [...]
> > if I use "If selection >= today()-7"
> >
> > This is the macro:
> >
> > Sub Clean_up()
> > '
> > ' Clean_up Macro
> > ' Macro recorded 7/06/2004 by keng
> > '
> > Dim ans As String
> >
> > ans = MsgBox("Deletion of returned files is permanent and irreversible.
Do
> > you wish to proceed?", vbYesNo)
> > If ans = vbYes Then GoTo SortMod Else Exit Sub
> >
> > SortMod:
> >     Range("A7:offset(A6,G1-6,5)").Select
> >     Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("F7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo,
_
> >         OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
> >
> >     Range("F7").Select
> >
> >     If Selection = "" Then GoTo DateSort Else
> >
> >     If Selection >= G6 Then GoTo DateSort Else     [This is the line

Excel 2002 print problem
Excel 2002 rearanges cells and rows when iI print deos any one know why and how to fix it these are spread sheets created in other computers I am using a tablet pc ...

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

problems in outlook 2000
I had to have my hard drive reformatted 2 days ago. I work in OL 2000, internet only, in win 98 SE. My emails arrive in any order, whether I ask in the bar to get them ascending or descending, I get the same ones at the top, they arrive mainly by name, but not always, they are sometimes mixed. Can you tell me what happens ? Thanks ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

IMO Accounts problem
My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there are two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to keep our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1 with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an admin one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which is set up as the default profile. Here's the problem: The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the same PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From field and sometimes it's sent...

Problem with recent Drop Down List Code
I recently got this code from Bob and just today tested the check boxes Problem is when I try to check any box beyond the first column, it wil automatically check the box in the first column only. Here is the code. Sub SelectSheets() Dim i As Long Dim iRows As Long Dim TopPos As Long Dim LeftPos As Long Dim SheetCount As Long Dim cMaxLetters As Long Dim cLeftWidth As Long Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim CurrentSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Dim fInclude As Boolean Dim arySheets Application.ScreenUpdating = False ReDim arySheets(0) ' Check for protected workbook If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStruc...

Post Dated Checks

GetShortPathName problem with XP
I have an application that was working fine on NT 4.0. When it was ported to Windows XP, a problem was traced to a call to GetShortPathName, this function does not output an error message, but does not initialize the short form buffer (lpszShortPath out variable) in the form DWORD GetShortPathName( LPCTSTR lpszLongPath, // null-terminated path string LPTSTR lpszShortPath, // short form buffer DWORD cchBuffer // size of short form buffer ); Does anybody know of any issues with this function in XP? I know that XP does not have the 8.3 format, but I thought this function wo...

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

Sharing problem
I want to share my file with another, when I select sharing from the settings page, it goes to the sharing page, but then I only see the animated arrows, and the done button, but no place to put the email address. Can anyone help with this problem? Thank you, --Tom ...

strange date format problem

data migration wizard problem
Hello there I try to import account into crm 3.0 by dmf and it doesnt seems to work. Here is insert I am using to populate cdf (under) as accountid i use (1,2,3 ... ) as owning user name (my domain\login) wizard runs and ..... writes that all records are not migrated from cdf... log doesnt show any errors .. please help tell me what is required because i have done all that is in mapping description. INSERT INTO cdf_mscrm..cdf_Account ( AccountID ,AccountNumber ,Name ,PrimaryContactName ,Telephone1 ,Telephone2 ,Address1_Telephone1 ,Fax ,Ad...

How to sort by name then date?

Multiple Accounts problem
I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates. When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2 are functioning. In other words, when I have a functioning 1. Me@what.com 2. you@what.com and I go to add a third account: 3. who@what .com It will not send/receive from this 3rd account. If I erase one of the original accounts, the new one WILL work. Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at the same time. I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once. Any suggestions? Anyone seen...

Mouse problem
One of my computers at work has stopped allowing Excel to function. It opens a workbook but when you select a cell it simply highlights the cell without allowing input. If you then move the mouse it simply extends the highlighted area, which is the same behaviour you normally get if you switch from mouse left to mouse right after selecting a cell. But in this case I cannot get normal left mouse operation. The mouse operates normally with other software and we have reinstalled the mouse driver. The only solution is to crash out. Any ideas? You could try downloading and installing...

Email Template Problem
Hi, I'm having an issue with using email templates. When I try using them, the messages are sent just fine, except that the Greeting in the message contains my name (the sender) instead of the name of the person the email is going to. This happens on the built in templates that came with CRM as well as some that I have created. For example....I'm Dan, and if I send a message to Joe using a template, Joe would see something like this: Dear Dan, Welcome to CRM....blah blah blah. Sincerely, Dan The field that is auto populated after "Dear" is this: {!User:First Nam...

if statement with dates #2

443 routing problems
Hi, We have our e-mail working fine through our Local Education Network. Our mail A records point to the LEA mail forwarding server and mail arrives here before being forwarded on the WAN to our Exchange 2003 mail server (which was installed today). So our mail domain yggwyr.swansea.sch.uk both accepts and sends e-mail without any problems. The LEA will not allow us access on Port 443 to our Exchange server. The politics behind this are not for here, but to combat this we had a seperate ADSL line installed and we now use our Netgear router to forward port 443 to the Exchange server - ...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to