Month formula always returns Jan

I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
=INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
the month number.

Thanks in advance
BW

Brian,

Why not just try

=TEXT(C20,"mom")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> the month number.
>
> Thanks in advance
> BW

bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/24/2003 9:40:42 PM
U know what this formula is doing right? it goes down as many rows from
o20:o31 as is the month value in C20 -- and returns the value of the cell
there. If C20 is a january date (1), it returns to you the value of o20. if
C20 is a feb date (2) it returns the value of o21.

If it returns "Jan" to you, does it mean that o20:o31 contain text strings
like "Jan"?

You say you want to return a month value. In that case, with this formula,
the contents of o20:o31 would have to be dates, and the formula would need a
MONTH( ) around it. I don't see how that would be useful since you know the
month number of the month being looked up by the formula (i.e. the same).

Hope this sheds light...

"brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> the month number.
>
> Thanks in advance
> BW

daverx (100)
11/24/2003 9:54:12 PM
BW,

The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is that =
the numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's =
date system i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.

Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =3DTEXT(C20,"MMM").

HTH
Anders Silven

"brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet =
>=20
> I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> =3DINDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> the month number.
>=20
> Thanks in advance
> BW
>=20
>=20
> ~~View and post usenet messages directly from =
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Anders,

No,

=TEXT(c20,"mmm")

works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
BW,

The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is that the
numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's date system
i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.

Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =TEXT(C20,"MMM").

HTH
Anders Silven

"brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet

> I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> the month number.
>
> Thanks in advance
> BW

bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/24/2003 10:17:57 PM
Bob,

On my Swedish system "m" represents minutes and "M" represents months in =
formatting.
What do you use for minutes and what does "MMM" return?

Confused

Anders Silven

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet =
> Anders,
>=20
> No,
>=20
> =3DTEXT(c20,"mmm")
>=20
> works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>=20
> "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> BW,
>=20
> The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is =
that the
> numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's date =
system
> i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.
>=20
> Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =3DTEXT(C20,"MMM").
>=20
> HTH
> Anders Silven
>=20
> "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> >
> > I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> > =3DINDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> > Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> > The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> > the month number.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > BW

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from =
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>=20

Anders,

mmm and MMM returns the same value on US regional settings

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Bob,

On my Swedish system "m" represents minutes and "M" represents months in
formatting.
What do you use for minutes and what does "MMM" return?

Confused

Anders Silven

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
> Anders,
>
> No,
>
> =TEXT(c20,"mmm")
>
> works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>
> "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> BW,
>
> The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is that
the
> numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's date
system
> i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.
>
> Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =TEXT(C20,"MMM").
>
> HTH
> Anders Silven
>
> "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> >
> > I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> > =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> > Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> > The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> > the month number.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > BW

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
terre081 (3244)
11/24/2003 10:50:06 PM
Thank you for the clarification, Peo,

With Swedish settings "m", "mm", "mmm" and even "mmmmmmmm" return =
minutes:

Hope I didn't confuse anybody.

Best regards
Anders Silven

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> skrev i meddelandet =
> Anders,
>=20
> mmm and MMM returns the same value on US regional settings
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Peo Sjoblom
>=20
> "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>=20
> On my Swedish system "m" represents minutes and "M" represents months =
in
> formatting.
> What do you use for minutes and what does "MMM" return?
>=20
> Confused
>=20
> Anders Silven
>=20
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
> > Anders,
> >
> > No,
> >
> > =3DTEXT(c20,"mmm")
> >
> > works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).
> >
> > --=20
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> >
> > "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> > BW,
> >
> > The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is =
that
> the
> > numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's =
date
> system
> > i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.
> >
> > Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =3DTEXT(C20,"MMM").
> >
> > HTH
> > Anders Silven
> >
> > "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > >
> > > I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> > > =3DINDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> > > Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> > > The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless =
of
> > > the month number.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > BW

> > > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from =
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>=20

Anders,

mmm and MMM both return a month in proper case, e.g. Nov.

mmm returns a full month name, e.g. November.

Minutes are returned with mm.

--

Thank you for the clarification, Peo,

With Swedish settings "m", "mm", "mmm" and even "mmmmmmmm" return minutes:

Hope I didn't confuse anybody.

Best regards
Anders Silven

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Anders,
>
> mmm and MMM returns the same value on US regional settings
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> On my Swedish system "m" represents minutes and "M" represents months in
> formatting.
> What do you use for minutes and what does "MMM" return?
>
> Confused
>
> Anders Silven
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
> > Anders,
> >
> > No,
> >
> > =TEXT(c20,"mmm")
> >
> > works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> >
> > "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> > BW,
> >
> > The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 is that
> the
> > numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's date
> system
> > i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.
> >
> > Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =TEXT(C20,"MMM").
> >
> > HTH
> > Anders Silven
> >
> > "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > >
> > > I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> > > =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> > > Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> > > The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> > > the month number.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > BW

> > > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/24/2003 11:17:20 PM
Thank you Bob,

When will I learn to stay away from those regional issues... :)

Anders

> Anders,
>=20
> mmm and MMM both return a month in proper case, e.g. Nov.
>=20
> mmm returns a full month name, e.g. November.
>=20
> Minutes are returned with mm.
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>=20
> "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for the clarification, Peo,
>=20
> With Swedish settings "m", "mm", "mmm" and even "mmmmmmmm" return =
minutes:
>=20
> Hope I didn't confuse anybody.
>=20
> Best regards
> Anders Silven
>=20
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> > Anders,
> >
> > mmm and MMM returns the same value on US regional settings
> >

> > --=20
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> > Bob,
> >
> > On my Swedish system "m" represents minutes and "M" represents =
months in
> > formatting.
> > What do you use for minutes and what does "MMM" return?
> >
> > Confused
> >
> > Anders Silven
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i =
meddelandet
> > > Anders,
> > >
> > > No,
> > >
> > > =3DTEXT(c20,"mmm")
> > >
> > > works fine. it doesn't need MMM (at least not on my machine).
> > >
> > > --=20
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Bob Phillips
> > >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> > > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> > >
> > > "Anders S" <anders_silvenblaha@hotmailxyz.com> wrote in message
> > > BW,
> > >
> > > The reason you get Jan as the answer to MONTH(x) where x is 1-12 =
is that
> > the
> > > numbers 1-12 in date format are the first twelve days in Excel's =
date
> > system
> > > i.e. Jan 1-12 1900.
> > >
> > > Better use Bob' suggestion, (but it's got to be) =
=3DTEXT(C20,"MMM").

> > > HTH
> > > Anders Silven
> > >
> > > "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i =
meddelandet

> http://www.ExcelForum.com/
> > > >

>=20

Bob,

You don't have to reply to this, but rereading your message

> mmm and MMM both return a month in proper case, e.g. Nov.
> mmm returns a full month name, e.g. November.

Anders
P.S. My spellchecker also wants to change mmm to mom.

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet =
> Anders,
>=20
> mmm and MMM both return a month in proper case, e.g. Nov.
>=20
> mmm returns a full month name, e.g. November.
>=20
> Minutes are returned with mm.

Formula Help #37
I am looking for a formula that I can put in a cell to add up all the water in A1 to A5 that has clean next to it in B1 to B5. Could someone please tell me how to do this. a b c d e 1 Water Clean 2 Water Clean 3 Soap Dish 4 Soap Laundry 5 Water Spray =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="Water")*(B1:B5="Clean")) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.micr...

excel corresponding a formula with a date
I have multiple formulas running down my page in column b to rip certain things from my sales reports that i have saved in my documents. When i save these sales reports they get saved with a certain date of the week ending.I need a formula that will be able to correspond with the dates going down the page in column a, as i dont want to go down through hundreds of formulas to manually change the date. there must be a certain formula that can be included in my formula to rip this certain information. 06/12/09 ='Macintosh HD:Users:Liane:Documents:[DeeWhySalesreport061209.xls...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

Formula is changed to a constant
I changed a reference in a formula from relative to absolute using the F4 key. Now Excel thinks that cell is a constant and prints the forumula, including the equals sign, but does NOT compute the formula. This is infuriating! Terry not quite sure how you did this. F2 followed by F9 would convert a formula to a value. Perhaps you pressed F2 and then F9 instead of F4 ? Just a thought; can't reproduce it any other way. Regards Trevor "Terry Moore" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89DF38E5-DB43-45BA-AB0C-4E9240946366@microsoft.com... > ...

Matching invoice not available on receiving that have been return
Hi, If I return without a credit in POP (because I never match the receiving with an invoice), the link should be made to assure that it is impossible to still match the receiving that includes the items that have been return with an invoice. I tested it and GP allow it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

This Month and Last Month
In the same query, I am trying to get two counts so I can compare them in a pivot table. I have ServicesID ServicesDate I want a count of ServicesID for the current date this month AND a count of ServicesID for the same date last month in the same query. Any ideas? Use a subquery to get the count of services for the same date last month. Here's an example of how to do that sort of thing with a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD That example does year-to-date calcuations, but the process is the same. In your case you will be counting the ServicesID field where ...

formula.
Hello, I'm in need for a formula, if in cell A for example i introduce numbe 2 and in cell B number 3, cell C would give me a total of 5. But if fo example i write '23' in the same cell (a) i want cell b to give me total of 5, so even if a write 53 it has to count it separately 5+3=8 can you please help me with this formula, as i'm badly stuck with it. thank you waiting eagearly Moti -- Motilull ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Motilulla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3715 View this thre...

Need formula help
I'm using Excel 2002 with SP3 and am having difficulty with the formula in one cell. All of the steps of the formula need to reside in cell D14 so the result is put there. May go through up to 20 steps to arrive at result, depending upon current date, which is present in cell C3 as =TODAY(). Cells O4 through O23 have dates 1/21/2006 through 8/21/2007. Contents of these cells are formatted to be raw five digit number. Cells P4 through P23 have differing dollar amounts, from $12,727.27 down to $0.00. Basic formula: =IF(AND(C3>=O4),(C3<O5),-P4,Go to next step) =IF(AND(C3>=O5)...

How to change a formula reference?
I need to create a formula that references a range of cells. The range is supposed to be determined by what the user enters into another cell. Can a formula have a variable in it that will grab a number from another cell? For instance: =COUNTIF(N[B18]:N[B18+B18],"Y")? Where you see B18 the user has entered in a number, we will say it was 5. I need the function to reference the cells in the N column from N5 (cell B18 has a 5 in it) to N10 (B18+B18 or 5+5). I appreciate any help you all can give me. Thanks so much in advance. Brockettb Hi! Assume you enter in cells: A1 = 5...

can you hide rows with a formula?
on my last sheet there should be an overview of the data selected by the user. If the user doesn’t select all the blocks with data “because he thus not need that particular block”. There will be empty rows between the information on the last sheet! I need all the info under each other, so that the user will have a short clear overview that will fit on 1 page to print. (this should be all automatic). Is this possible by hiding the empty rows with a formula? Or is there another way? (The sow called “empty rows” do contain formulas that hide the data blocks that the user thus not need)...

IF Formulas with Ranges
Hi! I'm trying to create an IF formula where the workbook will recognize if there is data added to a column D range (Sessions) and then apply a formula to the last cell of column F range (Aimline). Hence, if Sessions (column D) which now has the numbers 1-27 in it gets 28 entered below, then the cell in the same row but column F will take the number 28 and apply the formula above it =$F$8+($A$12*D35). Can anyone help? cabybake =IF(D27="","",$F$8+($A$12*D27) made an assumption that D35 should relate to D28 -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address...

Conditional formatting / formulas
I set up a table with a list of states in one column and amount of tons in another column (ex from the book). I set up a conditional format in a cell above the table to highlight all similar states when entered in the above cell; ex: when I type IOWA, all IOWA listings will be highlighted in the list. Then I tried a formula next to that one that will add all the tons for each of the highlighted states. I looked on the Internet and found a formula using MATCH but it only entered the amount from the first IOWA, not the rest. Does anyone have any idea how I would write that formula. Would I use ...

MONTH(a1)
I'VE ACHANGEABLE NUMBER IIN a1 AND I PUT IN b1 "=MONTH(A1) IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE MONTH'S NAME WHEN I CHANGE THE NUMBER IN A1 BUT IT DDINT WORK WHY? PLZ HELP THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOR AL -- frs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51453 I believe you have to have a date in A1, not just a number. HTH Regards, Howard "frsm" <frsm.23jpcy_1140468300.4445@excelforum-nospam.com...

Month By Month report
Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in � by month? Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each department/catagory/supplier down the left of the page, with the value of sales each month. I would run this for the period of a year and it would show all my catagory sales per month etc. thanks Phil I am sending you the reports, once get then rate it. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in £ by > month? > > Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each >...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook. I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet would fill in the following monthly tabs? The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and then make copies of that file. Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run this code: Sub Add_Tabs_From_List() Dim Nayme As String Dim K As Byte K = 1 Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List Do Unt...

Is there a formula?
I want a formula to count the number of time a word appears in a column. so: a1 order b1 order c1 closed d1 order f1 orders 3 g1 closed 1 Is this possible and how? Your references show the data in one row. Assuming the data is in column A, then try this to count the number of times "order" appears: =COUNTIF(A:A,"*order*") Hope this helps. Pete And if you want to get the total for ALL words, try a pivot table ...

How would you do this formula?
how would I do a formula if the rules for the contest that Im working on read like this...If you sell $800 you get 2 points and each additional $100 you sell you get an additional $100 to a max of 10. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 Hi, Use =IF(A1<800,0,MIN(10,2+(ROUND(A1-800,-2)/100))) where the sales are in cell A1. For the increase above 800, the increased is rounded off to the nearest 100. Regards Govind. Trisha V via OfficeKB.com wrote: > how would I do a formula if the rules for the contest that Im working on ...

counting occurences specific month appears
Afternoon all, You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question... 5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office. Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10. Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific sheet. Thanks so much, MM On May 4, 5:41=A0am, MM <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After...

Help with formula: finding text
Hi, I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell with a list of names in a table. If there is a match it should return a associated text to the matched name from the table. If no match it should just leave the cell blank. Thanks in advance Jonas Hi =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Jonas Ornborg" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell > with a list of names in a table. If there is a match...

First day of Next Month
Hello, In A1 I have the date 3/10/10. In B1 I would like to insert a formula that will show the Date 4/1/10. Basically, I would like a formula that will show the first of the next month no matter what date is shown in A1. Thanks for the help. Try this: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A3346E7-C4DE-...

Cell to show the last 2nd Month
Hi, I'd like to show a cell where it shows the last 2nd month of another cell, ie, in Cell A, the date is 03 May 2004 and I'd like Cell B to show March. I know the format will be MMMM but how to I get it to show March instead of May. How do I do it? Regards, Val Try this: =DATE(1,MONTH(A1)-2,1) With formula cell formatted as you said, "mmmm". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions....

Earn $700/month Guaranteed Payment #2
Start earning within 15 minutes Join as Supervisor. Step by step instructions and Full Tutorial $700/month Guaranteed Income! Visit: http://www.gogonai.info/?id=rodheta ...

Formula question??
I need to know if there is a way to create a formula that will allow me to enter multiple values in a cell at different times and this formula will sum there values. Example: I would enter 10 in cell B3. An hour later I might enter 25 also in cell B3. After the second entry I would want it to automaticaly display 35. Is this possible and how would it be done? Thanks for your help. At the bottom there is a formula solution turning on iterations http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad Grow" <Brad Grow@discussions.microsoft....