Modifying a Chart Object Name #2

Im making a MACRO to alter montly many different files with the same
paddern. In these files there are many sheets with a few Charts. Those
charts are two for INCOME and two for PROFIT in each sheet. My problem
is that the name of the Charts in the macro appear with the number that
Excel applyed to it and i would like to make standar names for each
Chart. This way there would be only 4 chart names for each sheet,
instead of 16 diferent chart names for the 4 sheets in the file im
working.
This is how the part of the macro looks:

-    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Gr�fico 8").Activate-

I would like to make "Gr�fico 8" to be "Profit1"...

Anyone knows how to do this!???
Thanks...

--
pauloreiss
pauloreiss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29820

extracting R-squared value from a chart
Hello, I have a scatter chart with a power trendline. The R-squared value is displayed. I did find formulae that I can use to calculate the c & b value (for the equation y=c*x^b) directly from the data. My question is whether there is a formula that I can use to either: a-extract the R-squared value from the chart, or b-calculate the R-sqared value directly from the data and equation values (c & b). I hope that makes sense. It's been a looooong time since I've used Statistics, so I may have used some terms incorrectly. If so, I apologize. Let me know a...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Plot line on chart
I have a column chart which the columns show data series for the year (2010-01, 2010-02....) I need to plot a line starting at 0 and go all the way to the last entry total which would be 2010-12. So basically i am just drawing a line from 0 the the last data point. Any idea on how to get this done? Thanks in advance ...

Excel Front End with Access Back End #2
Yes, I would have one central Access Database that sits on a server wit copies of the Excel front end on the users laptops. I just need to kno how to create the interface between them. Regards, Ripa -- Ripa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ripan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26704 hi, in access you can link to excell files like you can link to another database. I do it all the time. and the linked excel files work just link acc...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Option Button #2
I have been asked to do a form in Excel and one portion of the form requires a simple Yes or No answer. The best way of doing this I thought was giving the person who will be completing the form an option button to select either Yes or No. (There are approx 6 questions requiring only Yes or No answers) I am not an expert in Excel at all and need some advise here... How do I put in the option button in for each question to be only yes or no and how can I assign a value of 1 to the Yes answers that will pull through to a summary sheet refelcting the answers given? Thanks Pieter Set t...

How to create chart with TWO categories and one set of data?
One cata ategory is GROUP another category is DEPARTMENTS and the data looks as under: Dept Group Salary === ===== ==== Finance Engineers 25 Finance Engineers 40 Finance Engineers 60 HR Welder 18 HR Welder 15 HR Engineers 30 HR ...

Pie chart based on color
Hi I'm wondering if you can get a pie chart to represent different colors on a sheet. I have been asked to develop a sheet for a guest house showing bookings for a year in advance. The owner wants to color code dates - one color for confirmed bookings, a different color for provisional bookings, and a third for vacancies. He also wants to have a pie chart showing percentages of bookings v. vacancies. I would like the sections of the chart to calculate the percentages of each based on the colors of each day for the next year, but I'm not sure if this can be done. Could anyone he...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Can you tile 8 charts on a worksheet?
Is this possible in excel. I am familiar with the distribute and align functions, but I am wondering if there is a simple way to select all charts and have them move into 2 colums on the page? Any help would be appreciated - thanks. WA There's no simple way to do this in one click, but if you move and resize charts while holding down the ALT key, their edges will stick to cell boundaries. Not instant, but pretty quick. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ WA wrote: > Is this possible in excel. I am familiar wit...

Windows XP #2
I just installed Windows XP... I use Outlook express as my mail client. I have word 97 installed. Ever since I installed Windows XP I keek getting the error meease "Spell checking halted... Send Anyway??? while trying to send E Mails. Any Ideas???? Thanx... Stu ...

Erroneous 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog after converting to Acc 2
After converting from access 97 to access 2000 when I try to open some of my reports from code I get an 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog appearing. There is no field name listed in the dialog and when I press the OK button the reports appears just as in Access 97. Is there any way to suppress this dialog from appearing? Answered in m.p.a.reports ...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

comments inside the chart
how i can add comments to the points which is inside the chart in excel Select a series (one single click) or a point (two single clicks), select the first item on the Format menu (or press CTRL+1), and on the data labels tab, select one of the options for a data label. If you want a custom label, choose any default, then select the data label and edit its text. To add a number of labels based on cells, try one of these free and easy to use Excel add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon P...

Axis getting converted into 1900 in line chart
I have the following data phase 0 phase1 phase 2 phase 3 phase 4 A 1/1/2006 3/3/2006 5/5/2006 7/7/2006 9/9/2006 B 3/3/2006 5/5/2006 7/7/2006 11/11/2006 3/3/2007 When i try to create a bar chart(stacked) with this data the graph automatically is created with the axis starting at 1900 instead of 2005 or 2006. Any thought on how to get the axis to 2005 or 2006... It looks like the dates are being converted into numbers. Thanks, Sumit In Excel the dates are numbers. Just click on a date, edit, clear, format. You will see that the date is really a number. Excel starts coun...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

How Do I change the User name field
Running WinXp SP2 with Office 2000 I have 100+ PCs that I need to change the Username field so that when the user gets 'File is locked' message, I know who originally opened the file. I know this can be manually done by going Tools - Options - General. But with 100+ PCs I would prefer to able to this either by Group policy or a script?? Does anyone have any ideas. ...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

Count Textboxes and other objects
Is there any way that you can count the number of textboxes and other drawing objects in a sheet using c# or VB from an application and change their contents? Dana: this code should work Sub count_boxes() Count = 0 For Each myshape In ActiveSheet.Shapes If myshape.Type = msoTextBox Then Count = Count + 1 End If Next myshape End Sub "Dana" wrote: > Is there any way that you can count the number of textboxes and other > drawing objects in a sheet using c# or VB from an application and change > their contents? > > > > > > ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Excel Charting problem..
Hello I am creating a chart and want to be able to change the yvalues depending upon criteria selected in a dropdown box. I have a problem with non-contiguous cells. In my worksheets I want the yvals to be 6 values based upon non-conitguous data e.g. Cells(1,5) Cells(3, 5) Cells(5,7), Cells(7,7) Cells (9,7), Cells(11,7) I need to use the Cells( row, column) format as opposed to Range("E1") for example. When using non-contiguous cells this will work... Set yvals = Worksheets("Sheet 1").Range(Cells(1,5), Cells(5,5)) ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = yvals H...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

#include <windows.h> (Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2)
I need MultiByteToWideChar(). I'm trying to include "windows.h" as stated in docs: http://whidbey.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp?frame=true but when I do this I got an error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory by searching VS8 installation directories inside "Program Files" I can't find "windows.h" file. Is this the right group to post? PSDK is not included in express versions. you need to download it manually. "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> �...

How do I change a variable name based on a sheet name
For example, lets say I have a string variable named strSales, I want to iterate through the sheets, so when I'm on sheet 1, it'll be strSales1, on sheet 2 it'll be strSales2, etc. Hi, Maybe this Sub nn() myvar = "strSales" For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count myvar = myvar & x 'your code myvar = "strSales" Next End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "The Avenger" wrote: > ...

Public Folder/Folder Assistant Forwarding email w/o original sender name
I have a public folder that automatically sends any new postings to a specific user on the system. However, the folder assistant intermittently sends the posting as the folder name and not the original sender. The client is Outlook 2003 fully patched and Exchange 2003 fully patched. Any ideas? Have you tried posting this in an exchange group since PFs are a part of = Exchange, not Outlook? microsoft.public.exchange.clients is a good = place to start. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my persona...