Modified Date

I would like to record (just the date) in a cell when some
data in another cell is changed by a third party. I know
you can do this through track changes but I would like it
to be visible to everyone.
0
anonymous (74730)

Don't know exactly what you want but
right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this.
Now, if you input anything into cell a1, cell a2 will show the date

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("a2") = Date
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"John L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to record (just the date) in a cell when some
> data in another cell is changed by a third party. I know
> you can do this through track changes but I would like it
> to be visible to everyone.

0
Don
8/19/2004 2:45:58 PM
Thanks Don, that works great. Can this be modified for a
range so if a1:a5 changes b1:b5 (appropriate row) date
changes

cheers

John

0
anonymous (74730)
'If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("a2") = Date
If  Target.Row < =5 And Target.Column = 1 Then Target.Offset(, 1) = Date
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> Thanks Don, that works great. Can this be modified for a
> range so if a1:a5 changes b1:b5 (appropriate row) date
> changes
>
> cheers
>
> John

0
Don

Autofill dates in a 3D range
I have a workbook with 53 pages (onepage for each week of the year), I want to autofill the date of each weekday across all 53 sheets, You you talking about 53 worksheets, each with a tab? If so, Ctrl+Click the right and left tabs to select them and every tab between. This will Group the worksheets. Any data entered will now be entered in all. When finished, click any tab to ungroup (or right-click and choose Ungroup). -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Gibbo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7F9351D-8DCC-4333-812...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

COUNTING DATES #4
How do i write a formula to count the number of lines on a database of information that have a date that matches todays date? Say I have a huge database with 10,000 lines of info and I want it to look at all the info and put a number in a cell that says how many of the lines in the datbase contain todays date. -- na See COUNTIF Worksheet Function in help --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Cody" &l...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Simple Date Range Help
I have a project for work that need data broken up as follows Billed Sales Affiliate International Billed Sales Affiliate Domestic We have special codes for each International and Affiliate, so sorting that will be no problem. I need to know a way to pull the data by just inputting a weekly date range and displaying the total for the week. My supervisor suggested going through the entire backup of excel files for the weeks in the month pulling out everything but what I need then making a pivot table. This seems like a huge process. I know there can be a date range...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Count cells in a column that contain dates
Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do this? If the only cells that are in that column that are numeric (like dates), you can use: =count(a:a) (Dates are just numbers formatted nicely in excel.) Cachod1 wrote: > > Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count > the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do > this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Date format #33
I want to have a column to be my date field. I want to be able to enter for instance 09072005 or 90705 I would like for Excel to be able to convert it to read 09/07/2005. If I format my cell to Date it reads as ########, If I leave my cell as General it excepts the number but does not have the slashes. Thanks for your help. ANN -- AG On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:35:03 -0700, "AG" <AG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to have a column to be my date field. I want to be able to enter for >instance 09072005 or 90705 I would like for Excel to be able to convert it t...

subtracting Dates
Could someone please help me with the below task. A1 = 01-Jan-05 = The first day of the year. B1 = 16-June 05 = Their starting date. C1 = 10-Oct 05 = Their finishing date. example I have a program for my staff when they resign to count how many days they have worked here this year and to make sure they have not take too many days holiday and in cell A1 I have 01-Jan-05 and in cell B1 I have their starting date for example 16-June-05 and in cell C1 I have their finishing date for example 10-Oct-05. Now I am trying to work out a formula in D1 to tell me how many days the employee has w...

Moving dates between worksheets
I track my bank balance on two worksheets. The first is a date/debit/credit to track the balance. The second worksheet lists my monthly Standing Orders. At the start of each month I would like to transfer the coming month's debit information from the second worksheet to the first. What date format should I use in the second worksheet, and is it possible to increment by exactly a month each time. eg how can I write an instruction to debit a regular sum on say the 8th day of the month? tks I wonder if you would save yourself a lot of time by spending $20 or so to buy Microsoft Mo...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

stop automatic increment of dates
Using Excel 2003, from Office XP, SP1 I usually want to use autofill w/o making it a series. I finally turned it off for most numbers, although I can't remember where the options box is located. However, I can't get the dates to stay put, except to show "autofill options" & select "copy cells." I really wish these autocomplete & autofill series options were "opt-in" rather than "search for the option in every menu, clear the box, then see if it does what you want it to." Or rather, doesn't do what I never wanted it to do in t...

selecting dates in a date range
I have 2 columns in a table: HeadlineStartDate date not null, HeadlineEndDate date not null I need to do 3 things: 1. select all rows where the current date falls between HeadlineStartDate and HeadlineEndDate, 2. Select all rows where the current date is earlier than HeadlineStartDate and 3. Select all rows where the current date is later than HeadlineEndDate. How do you do this? they need to be all in different queries. Andy declare @dt as date=getdate() 1) select * from tbl where HeadlineStartDate >= @dt and HeadlineEndDate<dateadd(d,1,@dt) 2) se...

calculating weekday date
I need to calculate a date 10 days from a start date that, if the final date is a Sat, the result defaults to the previous Fri, or, if the final date is a Sun, the result defaults to a Mon. Is this possible? I use 2003. Thanks for your help. In your response, remember I am a novice and need a little extra explanation. :) On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:23:01 -0700, Khardy3352 <Khardy3352@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to calculate a date 10 days from a start date that, if the final date >is a Sat, the result defaults to the previous Fri, or, if the final date is a >Sun...

Converting dates into days
Given dates, how do I calculate number of days See your other post, and please do not multi-post. Pete On Mar 26, 1:34=A0pm, james <p...@commey.msn.com> wrote: > Given dates, how do I calculate number of days Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:34:04 -0700 from james <pj@commey.msn.com>: > Given dates, how do I calculate number of days Do you mean, you have a date in A1 and a date in A2 and you want to know how many days apart they are? =A1-A2 or =A2-A1 depending which date is later If you mean something else, please take the trouble to explain. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, To...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

How to get date entered recording first time condition is true?
Would like a date entered in a column the first time a condition is met calculated on several other columns in the same row. How could this be implemented? You could modify the circular reference formula at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html to substitute your conditional statement for A1="". Or you could use something like the event macro shown there, but using the Calculation event instead, for instance: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim rCheck As Range Dim rCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set rCheck = Range("A...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...