Missing Worksheet in Shared Excel 97

Hi

We are having this problem, where randomly users are
having missing worksheets in a multi worksheet spreadsheet
which is shared.

The worksheet is there on one night, but next morning,
that worksheet is gone.

We are on Windows Xp SP1, with Office 97.

Thanks.
Dave
0
dmoon (1)

Missing files

XP confusing Excel and Publisher
When I try to access the Excel Help files, XP tries to install Publisher, then tells me I'm missing a PUB file. If I try to close Installer with Task Manager, Excel itself crashes. Help! Thanks ...

Installing all excell functions ...
Any body nows how to let available all the functions (financial ones),I'm trying to use that formula to check the Yield to Maturity (YIELD) but is not working, I have re-instaled alredy, but is still not working, any Ideas? It's VBA instrument??? Hi Oswald! As well as installing from the CDROM you need to select it using: Tools > Addins Check Analysis ToolPak OK Thereafter the functions will be available every time you open Excel as long as you don't de-select. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Oswald" <annimo@di...

Sharing between spreadsheets
In Spreadsheet A I have a list of tasks and values next to those tasks. In Spreadsheet B I have totals of the values from Spreadsheet A. If I have Spreadsheet B open at the same time as A and change something in A, B is updated. If I close B, change something in A and then try opening B again, all the values will be stuffed up by however many rows were added/deleted. I've tried locking the cells with $ and then again without locking them. I've also tried going to the External Data toolbar, but the only thing available is the 'Refresh All' option which has no visibl...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Linking In Excel
I am linking from an Excel sheet to files which use other applications and I want to change the application that these files open with. The normal way of changing file associations does not work i.e. opening a JPEG file with ACDsee as the default opens with "Microsoft Photo Editor" through the Excel Link. Any Ideas? Solution to this would be most appreciated. Regards, Robotnik ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It is a Windows setting. O...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Same Text on Multiple Worksheets
I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook. Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original worksheet. -- PB You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet. It may be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1. This is nice for titles. But if you have a key unique value in a column, you m...

Worksheet 250 too large with 5000 records?
We are seeing HQ Client having occassional trouble processing worksheets with item counts in the neighborhood of 5000 records and above. This is only at some store, occassionally, and without regard to connection type or speed. Spreading the same content across multiple worksheets has been the fix to this point. Any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_058E_01C7B448.AEC43E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Your better off breaking it into smaller pieces and connecting more = oft...

Office 2000 Excel SP-3: Nasty intermittent bug during save.
The bug occurs in the following circumstances (although not every time). 1. Two files are open, - a 'book4' type temporary file that I couldn't care less about. - a rather large 10 sheet workbook that I've been working on. 2. I try to save the large file - instead - the _temporary file_ is saved _over_ the large file on the disk. - an error message is displayed saying the file has been saved but that it is out of memory and had to close it. - the temporary file is displayed. 3. Generally the large file disappears from the task bar. 4. If the large file doesn't disppea...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Free Excel plug in for 3D scatter charts (X, Y, and Z)?
Does anyone know of a free plug in for Excel that creates 3D scatter plots Thanks! It isn't a ready to use plug in, but Andy Pope shows how to simulate a 3D scatter chart in the free sample on his web site: http://andypope.info - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ 3ddd wrote: > Does anyone know of a free plug in for Excel that creates 3D scatter plots? > > Thanks! ...

How can I share Outlook
I have 2 networked computers but do not use Network Server. How can the Outlook functions be shared? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx for an article by Outlook MVP Eric Legault on various ways to share Outlook data. YOu'll also find a list of third-party sharing tools and other information at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "john petty" <j...

Missing Message Text

Is there a "Go To > Links" command hidden away anywhere in Excel 9
Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a particular workbook. In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but not what cell it is from in my workbook. Any help would be hugely appreciated! Chris Hi for an addin see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip "Chris Vrionides" wrote: > Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a > particular workbook. > In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but > no...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

export query into excel
I would like to export certain feilds in a query into excel. However I want example Full_Name to go in cell A3. I have about 12 more feilds that I would like in certain cells. Could someone please help me. I would activate all this with a command button to open up a specified excel spreadsheet and go to a certain sheet. Thanks Cheyenne Something like this ought to work for you. http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0006.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Chey" <Chey@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Newbie Excel question
I need an Excel spreadsheet to track my running balance. I have it al laid out in Excel and it looks like this. Code ------------------- CHX # DEBITS DEPOSITS RUNNING BALANCE OPENING BALANCE 2,557.93 $2,557.93 Norms Stump Removal 8514 -$175.00 $2,382.93 Angela Paycheck 8535 -$191.49 $2,191.44 David Bayard Paycheck 8536 -$326.17 $1,865.27 David Bayard Paycheck 8541 -$365.00 $1,500.27 City of Oakland 8503 -$45.00 $1,455.27 Norms Stump Removal 8561 -$350.00 $1,105.27 Norms Stump Removal 8565 -$170.00 $935.27 David Bayard Paycheck 8569 -$329.43 $605.84 MCI ...

Excel filter not working
I have a large spreedshett(800 lines) I clikced on DATA>FILTER>AUTO FILTER and the arrows shopwed up on the various col. One of these Col is called DATE I click in the DATE arrow and select BLANK to find all the entries that do not have a date showing. This works well until about line 701 The line numbers to the left all turn blue and all is well BUT in the following lines that the col displays dates and the numbers on the left have not changed color I thought that once the filter was set to BLANK only the lines that are blank under DATE would appears. This is not the case Can any one h...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items