Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box

Hi,

For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via
Edit menu.  "Links..." no longer appears in menu.  How do
I get it back?  Thanks!
0
jhs914 (1)

correct email: jhsu914@cox.net

0
jhsu914 (1)
9/26/2003 7:18:05 AM
First attempt:
Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open)
click on Edit
rightclick on Links
choose reset.
close up that dialog and try it out.

Second attempt:
Tools|Customize|Toolbars Tab|Select worksheet menu bar and click reset
close up that dialog and try it out.

Third attempt:
close excel
Windows Start Button|Find files
Look for *.xlb (where excel stores customized toolbars)
rename all you find to *.xlbOLD.

restart excel and try it out.

If it worked, then dump those *.xlbold files.

If you use the second attempt, then you'll have to reset any customizing you've
done to the worksheet menubar.

If you used the third vers, then you'll have to recreate any customized toolbar
changes you've made, though.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Missing files

how to change colour of dialog box
hi, i am developing a feature which will added ot existing product. So, for this i have to change the colore of the dialog boxes. plz tell me how can we change the colour of a dilaogbox thanks,very much bye, koti Hi, you must handle WM_CTLCOLOR. "koti" wrote: > > hi, i am developing a feature which will added ot existing product. So, for > this i have to change the colore of the dialog boxes. > > plz tell me how can we change the colour of a dilaogbox > > thanks,very much > > bye, > koti > > > ...

Using inherited classes in a dialog
Hi, A really basic question... I want to use my own combo-box in a dialog, say CMyComboBox. What's the right way to do this? The nice icons which automatically create controls in the dialog are obviously limited to the built-in classes... Thanks! "danra" <raviv_dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d4a5b379.0503050618.2c83e3b2@posting.google.com... > Hi, > A really basic question... > I want to use my own combo-box in a dialog, say CMyComboBox. > What's the right way to do this? The nice icons which automatically > create controls in the dialog are obvi...

Error editing bill series.
I'm trying to update my paycheck, but after I make all my changes on the "edit series" page and hitting "OK," it just sits there. If I hit "cancel" or try to navigate away, it warns that my changes won't be saved. Sure enough, they're not saved. I restarted money, and then both quick repaired and standard repaired my money file. Nothing worked. There's also a "delete bill data" option, but I didn't want to mess anything up, so I haven't tried it yet. The only other thing I may have screwed up is that I was trying to look at...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Linking In Excel
I am linking from an Excel sheet to files which use other applications and I want to change the application that these files open with. The normal way of changing file associations does not work i.e. opening a JPEG file with ACDsee as the default opens with "Microsoft Photo Editor" through the Excel Link. Any Ideas? Solution to this would be most appreciated. Regards, Robotnik ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It is a Windows setting. O...

How to remove a field value using Bulk Edit
Does anyone know how to remove a field value using Bulk Edit? The goal is to make the field blank for all selected records. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Extracting the called paramaters of a dialog box application
I want to extract the parameters of which my MFC dialog box application was called in a dos box. Is there any api for that? Thanks Beni You can always use GetCommandLine(); AliR. "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote in message news:%23SoAl9%23%23GHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I want to extract the parameters of which my MFC dialog box application was > called in a dos box. > Is there any api for that? > > Thanks > > Beni > > Take a look at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/zaydx040.aspx Tom "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote...

Combo Box question....
I have a client that wants this functionality in their combo boxes. They want to be able to type in an entry into their combo box and then when the control loses focus, if it doesn't match a value they want to be able to add it to the dropdown list. However, since the dropdown is based off a query so I can't add it directly to the list. And since there is a lot more data required than just the information being type (e.g. Customer Name also need other contact info for that customer). My question is how do you all handle requests like this? So, I was going to do On Lost Focus...

Excel VB or linking a database(if poss)? getting product names from their codes
This is a bit long but i'll be very grateful for any help: Ok, i'm working for a big company, and once a month we receive a hug excel spread sheet full of raw data, Which contains, fields such a customer, salesman, product number etc, which i then have to sort out and make sub totals. But firstly i have to create a few more fields t lump this data up, like Product group and Sub catagory. This is wher the problem lies, Product group is not so bad because i can copy th product code column and use the find-replace function, which doesn' take so long. However the find-replace funct...

Manual Checks appearing in Check Edit Lists
We marked some invoices as manually paid and posted them. We built a batch today by selecting checks in noticed on the Check Edit List, these manual payments appear - as a $0 check. When I perform an inquiry on the vendor account, the original invoice and payment are appearing as History items as they should; however, the $0 check is showing as a WORK item. I do not understand this - can anyone shed some light on this subject? ...

what happened to[LINK] chart-wrksht,when not same page? (same Wrkb
I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. How do you EDIT? hawk12@peoplepc.com Hi, Simply selecting the series will not change sheet to show you data as you have discovered. Try using the Source Data dialog, this will allow you to swap sheets and see and adjust the data used. Cheers Andy Boswell wrote: > I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not > 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. > How do you EDIT? > > hawk12@peoplepc.com &...

Enter Password pop up box
I have a client using Outlook 98 on a Win 2000 system. I have migrated their websites and emails to a new server. Tech support at my host used a migration script which moved everything incuding email accounts and passwords. All went well except for 3 (out of 10) email accounts that won't access the email. They keep getting a pop up box: Internet E-mail - Accountname Email Please enter your user name and password for the following server. Logon Server: mail.domainname.com User name: username Password: xxxxxxxx Remember password OK CANCEL The password...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Is there a "Go To > Links" command hidden away anywhere in Excel 9
Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a particular workbook. In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but not what cell it is from in my workbook. Any help would be hugely appreciated! Chris Hi for an addin see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip "Chris Vrionides" wrote: > Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a > particular workbook. > In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but > no...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Edit Query
I am new to macros and am trying to write one which enables me to access MSQuery file for editing from my worksheet. The worksheet has to be updated each month so I only need to edit this criteria of the query. Any advice would be greatly appreciated You have 3 different methods you can use 1) Manually create a query using the Excel menus. This type of query is fix (can't change parameters) except using the Query editor from the worksheet menues. Allows only reading of a database or excel file. 2) Record a macro while performing a query (use as a template). Then mo...