Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells

I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my
cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the
cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example.  I have
cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control
of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening
in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help.

thanks
KK
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you enabled speech tools?  Click Tools / Speech and examine your
options.

/i.

"KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my
> cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the
> cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example.  I have
> cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control
> of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening
> in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help.
>
> thanks
> KK

0
ismits.no (54)

Need macro to move to first blank cell in column
Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat the macro the same row is always selected instead of the ...

Does the add in Template Wizard exist for Excel 2003
I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I have a Template that was linked to a worksheet using the Template Wizard with Data Tracking. When I open the worksheet now, I get a error that says "Cannot open Template Wizard". I can't find this add-in for Excel 2003. Does it exist? Is there a work around? Hi Casey The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a PC with 2002 to the PC with 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to browse to the file in Excel) If you don't have a PC with 2002 then mail me priva...

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

go to next cell and paste question
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a "interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. Example: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy ' ' ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239 ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10 Range("IV2:IV7").Select Selection.Copy Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Cut Sheets("productivity&qu...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Comments in Cells disappear after time
A colleague has a spreadsheet with lots of comments in the cells and apparently after a while the comments 'disappear'. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Could it be there is a maximum number of comments, or do they have a life expectancy? The sheet is opened in Excel 2000 & Excel 2003 depending on the user. Thanks for your help. Comments don't normally disappear on their own. Perhaps your colleague is accidentally deleting the rows or columns in which the comments occur. Or comments could disappear if another cell, with no comment, is dragged onto a cell ...

Multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Hey, I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes messages. For example I want to put this information all into one cell "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) message4" I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell. If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall gratefull. Thx in advance, Veroniqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it's really...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Merge Cells #5
I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1, but can someone tell me how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell. I'm merging a part number and description, and need spacing between them. Use =A1&" "&B1 the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc. "R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02E936E-5947-4F1B-A8E5-F5A30343E549@microsoft.com... > I know how to merge two cells using formula =...

ActiveX Control in Word
Hello, I have a couple of issues with an activex control developed in MFC targeted for Office. In Powerpoint, when the user right clicks on my control and selects "Edit", my control starts receiving mouse and keyboard input, since it becomes active. However, in Word when the user selects Edit, the control does not recive any input. But if I click the design toggle button in the Control toolbar, the control goes active and recives input. I would like my control to be activated in Word the same way as it gets activated in Powerpoint, is this possible? The second issue is, when...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...