Minutes multiplied by a number to give a number

I am designing a spreadsheet for work and want to keep track of how many
items have not been produced due to tool down time.

If i have a target of e.g.100 per hour and the tool is down for e.g. 2hours
(02:00) how can i write this in a formula to show that i have lost 2 hours
which would equal 200 displayed in a column in this example.
0
mally (12)

If you pout the time the tool is down in A1 using time format hh:mm and
if the produced is normally 100 per hour you can use

=A1*1440*100/60

formatted as general NOT time

you might want to round it to the nearest integer since if you put in 2:25
it will be decimals involved

=ROUND(A1*1440*100/60,0)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mally" wrote:

> I am designing a spreadsheet for work and want to keep track of how many
> items have not been produced due to tool down time.
>
> If i have a target of e.g.100 per hour and the tool is down for e.g. 2hours
> (02:00) how can i write this in a formula to show that i have lost 2 hours
> which would equal 200 displayed in a column in this example.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/19/2005 4:17:07 PM
Thank you for the fast reply

But what is the 1440 in this sum, and i get a answer of 29000 when it should
be 200

"Mally" wrote:

> I am designing a spreadsheet for work and want to keep track of how many
> items have not been produced due to tool down time.
>
> If i have a target of e.g.100 per hour and the tool is down for e.g. 2hours
> (02:00) how can i write this in a formula to show that i have lost 2 hours
> which would equal 200 displayed in a column in this example.
0
mally (12)
1/19/2005 4:45:12 PM
If you are going to use that formula you need to use time format that excel
see as time, not decimal hours, if that's the case (if you use 2.5 for 2:30
hours) just use

=A1*100

What is the time that returns 29000 where tool target is 100?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mally" wrote:

> Thank you for the fast reply
>
> But what is the 1440 in this sum, and i get a answer of 29000 when it should
> be 200
>
> "Mally" wrote:
>
> > I am designing a spreadsheet for work and want to keep track of how many
> > items have not been produced due to tool down time.
> >
> > If i have a target of e.g.100 per hour and the tool is down for e.g. 2hours
> > (02:00) how can i write this in a formula to show that i have lost 2 hours
> > which would equal 200 displayed in a column in this example.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/19/2005 4:55:01 PM
Thanks again

In cell A1 i have typed 100 for the per hour figure (in general format

In cell A2 i have type 02:00 for hours down (in time format)

My formula is then  =ROUND(A2*1440*A1/60,0) like you stated and it gives me
the correct result so i think i maght have cross referencing formulas
somewhere so i will look into it.  Thanks again

Mslly

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> If you are going to use that formula you need to use time format that excel
> see as time, not decimal hours, if that's the case (if you use 2.5 for 2:30
> hours) just use
>
> =A1*100
>
> What is the time that returns 29000 where tool target is 100?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Mally" wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the fast reply
> >
> > But what is the 1440 in this sum, and i get a answer of 29000 when it should
> > be 200
> >
> > "Mally" wrote:
> >
> > > I am designing a spreadsheet for work and want to keep track of how many
> > > items have not been produced due to tool down time.
> > >
> > > If i have a target of e.g.100 per hour and the tool is down for e.g. 2hours
> > > (02:00) how can i write this in a formula to show that i have lost 2 hours
> > > which would equal 200 displayed in a column in this example.
0
mally (12)

Large number of transaction log files #2
I've got around 160 E00*.log files kicking around in the mdbdata directory of an Exchange Server 2003 server. I can't seem to find any references about the number of log files. Is there something I should be doing to reduce the number of log files or is the server ok? Cheers! Colin Never mind, I figured it out. The backup process was failing because of a security password reset and thus not consolidating the log files. :) Cheers, Colin "Colin Bowern" <colinbowern@nospam.indimensions.com> wrote in message news:OduryEI8EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I&#...

Check Number at Tender screen?
Do anyone know of a way to put the customer's check number on the reciept at the tender screen? Or an add on that will do that? Thanks -- Steve On the tender type setup select the verification tab. You can select open to select checks not in the database or closed only these checks in the database. under database in Manager the checks option is where you can add account numbers ie check numbers that you wish to accept or not accept with different status codes. Hope this helps. -- Crystal Roach "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" wrote: > Do anyone know of a way to pu...

column corresponding to row number
I have 63 file. My data set on to column X, and G2 is row number related to column X. I need to macro or formula, when run it on any file, copy of column X paste to new file(R.xls) in sheet1 on column H and set to actual row number. For example: G2 is 7800 (row number), now, run macro, then copy of column X, paste to actual row (H 7800) of new file (R.xls), When open second file, (G2 is 5344), column H copy to R.xls and set to I5344. This process is repeated on 63 file. any help will be greatly appreciated ...

Formatting numbers
How do I format numbers such that they appear like below: On selecting the "," icon, format the numbers in this way 100 to become 100.00 and if it is negative then (100.00). Likewise on selecting the "$" icon then display the number in this way 100 to become $100.00 and if it is negative then $(100.00). The location of the dollar sign should line up down the column irrespective of the length of the amount. I don't know why Excel doesn't do this by default. How do I then get Excel to always do this formatting by default. Cheers Mark Experiment with Format ...

Convert minutes to hours and minutes
I have a formula that converts whole numbers with a decimal to minutes. Example 1.5 =110 minutes. I am trying to convert the total minutes back to a whole number with a decimal in minutes. For example 110 minutes = 1.5. If I divide the minutes by 60 I get 1.83 where I want to get back to the 1.5. Does anyone know the formula to do this?? Hi Sally maybe I'm missing smething but how did you convert 1.5 to 110 minutes (I had suspected 90 minutes??) So the value 1.83.. (1,83 hours) is correct for 110 minutes (if converted to decimals) Frank Sally IC wrote: > I have a formula that c...

Negative numbers in parentheses
Good day, Could someone help me with this: when numbers are negative, we prefer that they appear in parentheses. Is there any way to do this and still keep the numbers aligned in the column? Thank you. Hélène Right click on the number and select "FORMAT CELLS" Click on Custom is should look something like this 0_;[Red]-0 change it to this 0_;([Red]-0) they should be now in bracket -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=38...

Converting Minutes:Seconds to Minutes
I could download my telephone bill online. When I view the bill online The Duration of Call column which is listed in minutes appears as (for example) 5:00 ..............(for 5 minutes) 16:00.............(for 16 minutes) 21:00.............(for 21 minutes) 29:00.............(for 29 minutes) 32:00.............(for 32 minutes) When I copy or download the bill this column appears as (Same example) 5:00................(for 5 minutes) 16:00.............(for 16 minutes) 29:00:00.............(for 29 minutes) 32:00:00.............(for 32 minutes) I would like to be able to do a total for the number o...

Calling the Row Number?
I'm using the following function: =HLOOKUP("350305",PIVOT,2,FALSE) When I try to copy it down a column, the function doesn't change a all, but I want the number "2" to reflect what row the function is on Is this possible without making another column with number 1,2,3...etc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use ROW(2:2) instead of 2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "gorkyness >" <<gorkyness.15hljq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:gorkyness.15hljq@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm using the following function: ...

separate text and number
dear sir in Cell A1 is "rajulu1234". i want in cell B1 "rajulu" & cell C1 "1234". please help me. thanks advance. raju Hi Raju One way.. In B1 =LEFT(A1,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0123456789"))-1) In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "raju" wrote: > dear sir > > in Cell A1 is "rajulu1234". i want in cell B1 "rajulu" & cell C1 "1234". > please help me. > > thanks advance. > > raju Give these formulas a try....

Showing Last number only
I have 5 columns of data: A holds a date B holds a dollar value C holds another dollar value. D holds is the sum of B and C E holds a running total of D so a sheet may look like this. B C D E F 04/01 1.00 .50 1.50 1.50 04/02 2.00 1.00 3.50 5.00 04/03 5.00 04/04 1.00 1.00 2.00 7.00 and so on Total 4.00 2.50 7.00 7.00 the last row shows a total of each column. except E What I am looking to do is : in E on the total line just show the last number. I am able to do this now with this fo...

A number formatted as text is not recognized in a vlookup.
In a multi-tabbed workbook, we have product numbers (some with leading zeros - some with alpha-numeric values) on one tab along with other product information. On another tab, using a vLookup function that worked in Office 2000, the product numbers being typed in are not matching the product numbers on the other tab. How can we resolve this? My product numbers must be formatted as text to avoid dropping leading zeros. ...

Converting Minutes to Seconds
I have a list of times formated in minutes and hundredths of minutes for example 7360.50 and 8622.42. I need to be able to covert thes numbers to seconds. I am sure this is an easy formula, I just don' have the time to think it through. Thanks. PS. Just to clarify 7360.50 is the same as 2:40:30 and 8622.42 i 23:42:25 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you got it wrong, haw can 7360.50 minutes be only 2:40:30 You need to use [hh]:mm:ss as format to get all hours, otherwise get up to 24 hours However if you want it in seconds just multiply with 60 =7360.50*6...

MS Access Adding Sequential Numbering
I have a table with the following data Deal ID 1234 Assoc 1234 Associate Role ABC Deal ID 1234 Assoc 4567 Associate Role ABC Deal ID 1234 Assoc 8910 Associate Role DEF I want to number the like roles for each Deal Id so the result would be Deal ID 1234 Role ABC 1 and then Deal ID 1234 and Role ABC 2, Deal ID 1234 Role DEF 1 Is there a way to assign a numbering based on Deal id and role? Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201004/1 "Laura1 via AccessMonster.com" <u31091@uwe> wr...

Using Mergefield
Currently bring data into word from a database to populate invoice reminder letters, the problem is the 'Payment Outstanding' field in my database is a Negative number. Displayed -10,000.00 for example. Instead of spending time amending the fields and updating the database I was hoping to use MergeField to do it for me.... I currently use { MERGEFIELD PaymentOutstanding\# #,##0.00} to merge the data into word, which would display -10,000.00 in the word field Any ideas how I can convert '-10,000.00' into '10,000.00' Hi duttonkj, There are variou...

getting Outlook "popup" window every few minutes.....
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Thanks Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanFreeBusy switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- J...

Minutes into Hours and Minutes
I have a spreadsheet which I use to keep the times of some events. I get these numbers in minutes and need to convert them into HH:MM format. Just divide your minutes value by 86400 (the number of minutes in a day)... =A1/86400 and format the cell like this... [hh]:mm (the square brackets allow the hours to be more than 24). -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "david d" <davidd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2E72CBB-BE21-4239-9C61-CEF998849234@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet which I use to keep the times of some events. I get > these numbers in m...

Error Number: 0x800ccc03
In Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) [Windows XP with all updates and service packs through 7/25/2004], at least once a day I get the error message: "An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program. (Account: 'postoffice.swbell.net', POP3 Server: 'postoffice.swbell.net', Error Number: 0x800ccc03)". I close Outlook, re-start it after 1 minute, or 30 minutes, or 4 hours, and get the same error message. The only way to get rid of the error is to reboot this computer, which solves the problem for the next 8 to 12 hours. I would...

Numbering ABC, abc comes up in Greek font
How do I prevent the outline Numbering ABC or abc from changing from English to symbol or Greek font? I start out with a, and the next line automatically comes up with a Greek letter! I do have Character, in Bullets set to the correct Ariel font of my publication. ...

Number Formats HELP?
I have a field on a form that i want to be able to enter a number in decimal format and keep it exactly the way i enter it (ex: 155.5). However the field is automtically rounding the number off to 156 or 155. I've played around with a few format combinations but it continues to round the numbers - Any suggestions??? Adam, What we need to consider is what value is stored in your table vs. what value is shown on the form. That's probably due to the type of numeric field that you defined in your table design. Byte, Integer, and LongInteger can not take a decimal va...

Restrict Number of Columns
How do i restrict my worksheet to 20 rows & 20 columns. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:20:01 -0800, xxx <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i restrict my worksheet to 20 rows & 20 columns. Hide the rows and columns that you don't want to see. Hope this helps / Lars-�ke Hide those you don't want to look at. Or set the scrollarea via VBA Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to reset it each time you open the workbook. You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and specify...

Font color for negative numbers
Help...I have created a spread sheet and I need to change the font color to red on all the negarive numbers. I tried searching for but it doesnt' work. Help ahain..thx Select some of the cells that you wish to format this way, and from the Menu Bar, <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, And click on "Custom", Scroll down and you'll see several formats with RED in them. Select one, and using that as a start sample, you should be able to get something you like. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please kee...

Word 2008 keeps crashing after a document is open, a few minutes after typing anything

To convert minute into hour and minute
How to convert 250 minutes into 4 hours and 10 minutes? Which the formula The result of one determined function is 250. I would like from this value to convert it into 4 hours and 10 minutes (4:10). How I make The formula counts the numbers of times, during one week, that it has lessons of Mathematics. The result is 5 lessons, being that 1 lesson of mathematics corresponds the 50 minutes. Then I multiply 5*50=250. What I want is that value 250 either converted into 4h and 10min or 4:10 hours Thank Enter the 50 minutes as 00:50, multiply by 5 = 4:10 To get the time as decimal 00:50*5*24 = ...

convert numbers to dates
i need to convert large groups of numbers into dates automatically bu im stumped, the numbers are all in the format of 10.01.99 so they rea as dates but excel wont recognise them as dates is there a way t convert them all quickly to actual date -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26369 select the column of dates, then do Edit=>Replace Replace What . (period) Replace With \ -...

Increment numbers in a column
I know that if I drag a cell with a number in then the cells below will be filled in with incremental numbers, however, is there a way to set a column so that it auto-populates with incremental numbers each time I type in a new row (the same as would happen in an MS Access table where the first column was set to auto-populate with a unique number)? I think I follow what you're referring to... Go to the cell you want to increment and merely type @SUM(A1+1) in A2 where A1 contains a value and in this example, if A1 was 1, A2 would automatically become 2 ... copy the formula down the va...