minimum cell value

Hi,

I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value.

The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to show
a minimum value of 1 is this possible?

0
bell (8)

Hi, Doug,

Try:

=Max(a1/a2*5,1)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Doug Bell" <Doug Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value.
>
> The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to
> show
> a minimum value of 1 is this possible?

0
normanjones (1047)
10/12/2004 11:04:20 AM
=MIN(A1/A2*5,1)

Doug Bell <Doug Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<8766BC4D-D3CD-4B4F-AF7B-FD145DE56205@microsoft.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value.
>
> The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to show
> a minimum value of 1 is this possible?
0
stfarrar (15)

Virtual memory minimum too low
When I am viewing I Player I often get an interruption and a message "Virtual Memory Minimum too low" Can I change this? and if so how? Blair What is it set to? See step 2 here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417 -- -- "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:eya3JLObKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I am viewing I Player I often get an interruption and a message > "Virtual Memory Minimum too low" > Can I change this? and if so how? > Blair > "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in me...

How do I find the second highest value.
I have a set of numbers where I need to find the highest value and the next highest value. I can use MAX to find the highest, but how do I find the next one? You could set up a column next to your figures and use =rank. If you do not have duplicate values, "Large" formula will be useful. Try it like; =Large(A:A,2) The number at the end of it represents position of highest number you desire, so for third-highest you can put formula as =Large(A:A,3). -- Regards, Pritesh "MimiS" wrote: > You could set up a column next to your figures and use =r...

Automatic Shading of Cells
Isn't there a way to have Excel automatically color the cell for you based on the equation. For example, if the variance is less than 5%, I need to the cell to be green and if is greater than 5%, I need the cell to be red. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Try Format: Conditional Formatting... "kmmh" wrote: > Isn't there a way to have Excel automatically color the cell for you based on > the equation. For example, if the variance is less than 5%, I need to the > cell to be green and if is greater than 5%, I need the cell to be red. Any &...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

Cell size
I am trying to paste HTML code into a cell. When I do the size of the cell increases so I can't see the rest of my table. Also the HTML doesn't show up but the web page itself Can you please tell m 1)How to keep the shape of the cel 2) How I can view only the HTML and not the webpag Thank you in advance Dick, don't know if I can help you with (1), but if you want to paste HTML code into a cell, select the cell, type an apostrophe ('), press Ctrl-V, then Enter. (Later on you can press F2 to edit the cell and delete the apostrophe if you want). DDM "DDM's Microsoft ...

Linking dates and values
I am trying to find the percent difference between two values. Eac value is the last work day of the month. My spreadsheet lists dates i column A and values in columns B-AI. How can I use the date to searc for the relative value? Thank -- seanbrow ----------------------------------------------------------------------- seanbrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39782 On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:47:58 -0500, seanbrown <seanbrown.1u6duf_1124730421.4036@excelforum-nospam.com> ...

Minimum Backup Requirements
What are the minimum exchnage backup requirements that I have to do to basically stay safe. I am running 2003Ex Standard Front & Back end over 2003AD native\native. I have a base image of the box without Exchange loaded so recovery would be in minutes. I would then just simply install Exchange, then use necessary data from backup to recover. My question is what data do I have to back up. I am currently backing up the priv1.edb & priv1.stm store data. How imporatant is pub1.edb and pub1.stm? 1. What else do I need to stay safe? 2. How dependable is NT Backup when trying to recove...

How can I split a cell in Excel?
I am setting up a document in Excel and need to split a cell into two additional cells, but they need to match with a previous row...I know you can do it in Word, can this be done in Excel No. You can't split cells unless they were merged. If you provide a specific example, it's possible a formula may help. Or, you may look into the Text to Columns feature. Again, without more information, I'm not certain either of these will do what you are looking for. tj "LI Associate" wrote: > I am setting up a document in Excel and need to split a cell into two > addi...

Splitting cell contents into 2 cells
If a cell contains a set of numbers separated by a hyphen (eg, 1234-5678, can the contents be splitted up into 2 cells without the hyphen (ie, 1234 in 1 cell and 5678 in another cell)? You can either do the simple: Data - Text to columns, delimited by hypen Or, you could try and do: =VALUE(LEFT(A2,FIND("-",A2)-1)) in one cells and =VALUE(MID(A2,FIND("-",A2)+1,999)) in the other. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Florence Tay" <Florence Tay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAAD53DB-68CD-4B7D-A46D-805E5EEA59D4@microsoft.com... ...

Conditional formatting of one cell depending on other cell.
Hi !! Is it possible to format a cell conditionally depending on the value o another cell ? For eg. If P3 contains X as a data in cell then A3 changes to red & I P3 contains Y as data in cell A3 changes to blue, similarly if P contains Z as a data in cell then A3 changes to green -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48032 Whilst in cell A3, do:- Format / CF / change '...

Auto Numbering a cell on consecutive worksheets
I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet is an numbered invoice. As I add worksheets, is it possible to have the invoice number automatically displayed in consecutive order? What are you doing to add worksheets? Post back with a detailed step-by-step process of what you do to add a worksheet. HTH Otto "Wally" <Wally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD11A82-8264-46A5-8128-2B9840B5BB1B@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet is an numbered > invoice. As I add worksheets, is it possible to have th...

match column for value and return next cell value
Hi, I have simple excel with one column having the Part name and secon having the Price. I want a macro which will return SUM of all the part prices user ha selected. My data looks simply like below PART NAME PRICE NKT 1000 NKU 2000 NMP 150 NPG 299 NWT 3495 What i want is if user enters NKT,NKU then it should return 3000 if user enters NKT,NKu,NMP then 3150. Can anyone please help as I am an end user and have no idea of macros. Thanks, kogant -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'd suggest you use pivot tables for this and select the relevant item s within the p...

Some recalcitrant custom cell styles
Hi, I had a problem with multiple custom cell styles that don't allow me to convert an excel 2007 file to excel 2003. I found a VBA example to delete all those custom cell styles easily: Sub style_remove() On Error Resume Next Dim mpStyle As Style For Each mpStyle In ActiveWorkbook.Styles If Not mpStyle.BuiltIn Then mpStyle.Delete End If Next mpStyle End Sub But there are some recalcitrant custom cell styles like: 386grabber=3DVGA.3GR _100301_VC outlook Oral Care France shell=3Dprogman.exe m AeE=AD [0]_INQUIRY =BF=...

HOVER over a cell
is it possible to have a cell pop up or become 3D when the mouse hover over it? -- just1creation ------------------------------------------------------------------------ just1creation's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35468 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564307 About the closest thing that excel supports is a comment. When you hover over a cell with a comment, you'll be able to see that comment. Insert|Comment (to insert the comment) And Tools|Options|View Tab|Check Comment indicator only to see a red...

How can I reference a cell as the criteria in a count if function.
trying to use "countif" function and have the criteria as a formulated cell, any ideas on how to make it recognize criteria as a cell reference and not a value? not sure what you did, but don't put the quotes around the cell reference for example =countif(A1:A200,"<="&B1) to count values less than or equal to B1 "RobA" wrote: > trying to use "countif" function and have the criteria as a formulated cell, > any ideas on how to make it recognize criteria as a cell reference and not a > value? ...

Minimum value in a range > 0
I have a range of cells where I would like to find the minimum value greater than 0. For example: 18 12 0 16 19 I need a formula to look at the entire range and result in the lowest value, in this case 12. Thanks for the help. Hi Barbara assuming your range is in A1:A5 then the following array formula should give you what you're looking for - (as this is an array formula you will need to enter it using ctrl & shift & enter instead of just enter) =MIN(IF($A$1:$A$5>0,$A$1:$A$5)) Cheers JulieD "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

cells protection
Dear sir, with my regards, i have a workbook with about ( 10 sheets) full of formulas,to send these formulas away from spongers , i protcted some cells or columns which contain them, when i want to work on any sheet i cancell the protection and forget to protect again . Is there any way in excell 2003 to protect these cells directly when i close the sheets. Thanks in advance. -- tofimoon3 Sure with VBA. Place this code in a workbook module, if you don't know where that is, check out this site http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html#Workbook Place this code there Private Sub Workbo...

Copy value from cell with custom format
Hi, I want to copy values from cells with a special custom number format. i.e. the cell value is displayed as 1060028 but it's literal value is 28. When I look at the number format in "format cells" it says the number format is 10600##. If I copy this cell from one to another even using "paste special values" it only returns 28. How can I copy the cell value 1060028 as a complete string? Would I use a function or would I have to use some VB script? thanks. The format should copy along with the value. Just use Paste, not PasteSpecial -- Gary''s Stud...

Lookup in two columns for same value
Hi and happy new year to uall, I have a problem, where I am trying to match a value in one of the sheets (say 1) to either of the two columns in another sheet (say 2) and then return the value to Sheet2 from the 3rd column of Sheet 1 Sheet 1: GM MG 1 JF FJ 2 DM MD 9 JS SJ 6 JM MJ 23 Sheet 2 (Should look like this) GM 1 MG 1 MJ 23 MD 9 Put this in B1 of Sheet2: =3DIF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)),IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!B:B,0)),"not present",INDEX(Sheet1!C:C,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!B:B,0))),INDEX(Sheet1! C:C,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0))) and then copy down...

Hide Row If Any Cell In It = 0
Hello All Searched high and low amongst the forums for this and found some close solutions, but can't seem to make any work. I have Rows 1-100 & Cols A-J all with formulas or text in them. If the result of any of the formulas in any of the that range is 0, I want the entire row hidden. Cheers Hi Try this: Sub aaa() Dim targetRange As Range Dim tRange As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set targetRange = Range("A1:J100") For Each r In targetRange.Rows Set tRange = targetRange.Rows(r.Row) For Each cell In tRange.Cells If cell...

Number of characters in a cell
I want to count the number of characters in a cell. I have been told there is a way/formula you can use, rather than importing the table into word and using word count. Is there formula, if so what is it. =LEN(A1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bonny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C900F604-3E15-4F40-A1A8-87259225042D@microsoft.com... > I want to count the number of characters in a cell. I have been told there is a way/formula you can use, rather than importing the table into word and using word count. Is there formula, if so what is it. ...

The most occurence of a value in a column
I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the most occurrence in that column? Thanks, cpliu Hi =MODE(A1:A100) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns959C8C47C309BchanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4... > I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the > most occurrence in that column? > > Thanks, > > cpliu Try: =INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5)),COUNTIF (A1:A5,A1:A5),0)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter. H...

Names and numbers in different cells
I am trying to add the totals given in Columns C, E, G etc etc of each suburb listed in columns B,d,F etc etc. When the formula finds the total is also needs to give me the name in column 1 for that area. (Two areas given in example but not all week) Eg: Find "PNS Sound Hutt" in column B, & column D, add 2.0 (from column c) & (1 from column e) then show John. I need to know how often each person visits each suburb. Name Suburb No Suburb No A B C D E etc etc John MONDAY ...

Referencing merged cells
I'm having trouble referencing a merged cell in another workbook. Say I merge cells A1 to C1 in workbook 1. When I make this the active cell, the Name Box says "A1". When I go to another workbook (say, workbook 2), go to cell B1, type "=" and then go to the merged cell and select it, I get 'workbook1'!$A$1:$C$1 as the formula and, of course, the "#VALUE" error. I've successfully tried typing "=sum(" without the quotes hen clicking on the contents of the cell and then adding the ")" and it works O.K. but there should be an easi...

Highlight a Cell When Working in Another Cell
If I am working in, say, cell B5, is there a way I can have cell G5 highlighted? When I am inputting numbers into column B, there are instructions in column G that I would like to have highlighted so that the instructions for that particular row are easier to read. I can't think of a good way to do this. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target If .Column = 2 Then .Offset(0, 5).FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" Wi...