MIN formula help

Hello All,

I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
formulas.  The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
it's the Min that I have a problem with.

=Max(A2:A10)
=MIN(A2:A10)

If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
me 150.  Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
in my range (A9 and A10).

How can I fix this.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

0
odawg (9)

Hi!

MIN/MAX ignore empty cells.

>Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
> in my range (A9 and A10).

Are you sure that A9 and A10 are empty? Could they really contain zeros but
you have the sheet set to not display zero values?

Goto Tools>Options>View>Zero Values

Biff

"Odawg" <odawg@dawgoneloose.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
> formulas.  The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
> it's the Min that I have a problem with.
>
> =Max(A2:A10)
> =MIN(A2:A10)
>
> If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
> then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
> me 150.  Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
> in my range (A9 and A10).
>
> How can I fix this.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

0
biffinpitt (3171)
10/17/2005 4:00:46 AM
=MIN(IF(A2:A10<>"",A2:A10,""))

press control shift enter

Mangesh

"Odawg" <odawg@dawgoneloose.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
> formulas.  The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
> it's the Min that I have a problem with.
>
> =Max(A2:A10)
> =MIN(A2:A10)
>
> If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
> then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
> me 150.  Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
> in my range (A9 and A10).
>
> How can I fix this.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

Yes, Biff is right. Don't know how I made this mistake.

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message
> =MIN(IF(A2:A10<>"",A2:A10,""))
>
> press control shift enter
>
> Mangesh
>

> "Odawg" <odawg@dawgoneloose.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
> > formulas.  The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
> > it's the Min that I have a problem with.
> >
> > =Max(A2:A10)
> > =MIN(A2:A10)
> >
> > If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
> > then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
> > me 150.  Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
> > in my range (A9 and A10).
> >
> > How can I fix this.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

Help with Formula
I have Sheet1 with 3 columns; (Column A) Lot Number, (Column B) Lot Address, (Column C) Resident In Sheet2 I need something like if cell Sheet2!A2 contain value from Sheet1 ColumnA (any cell in column A) then Sheet2!A3 will contain the value from Sheet1 ColumnB (same row) To clarify if i enter a lot number I want in the cell next to it the Lot address Both calues are in Sheet1 same row I try to do =IF(C2=1,Sheet2!B1,IF(C2=2,Sheet2!B2)) and it works fine but i need to stop to 62 because of the nesting limit in Excel I need to get to 82 I hope this is clear Check ou...

Formula wont calculate???
My excel will not do simple calculations anymore if they reference another sheet, like =sheet1b1 + sheet1c1. It will do a =b1+c1, if calc. is on same sheet. I think my options are messed up somehow, then again it could be anything. Its never done this before Any help would be GREATLY appreciated by my grade in accounting!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott You need a ! in between the sheet name and the reference. Andy. "Scott" <...

MIN formula help
Hello All, I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following formulas. The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however it's the Min that I have a problem with. =Max(A2:A10) =MIN(A2:A10) If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150, then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show me 150. Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells in my range (A9 and A10). How can I fix this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. Hi! MIN/MAX ignore empty cells. >Instead it's blank because I ...

Formulas not working in Microsoft Excel 2007 table
I often have to adjust my formulas, which are huge!, in my tables. When I change a formula the formula stays visible and does not do any calculations. Sometimes I force the formula to work when I convert the column with the "text to columns" tool, but it hasnt' worked for me today. HELP!! Press Cntrl+Tilde (~) Button. The Tilde button (~) will be available above the left tab button. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "tracyprev" wrote: > I often have to adjust my formulas, w...

Need help with an if/then formula
Hi, I have attached a sheet with sample data and Column AA states what need. I have manually entered what the if / then statment shoul produce. Please if anyone can make or not make this statement, let m know. Basically I need a True False result in coloumn AA depending o if the next col over has any value in it. Please lte me know than you +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Sample CBK BIN Query2.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3929 +------------------------------------------...

help with forumla please...
Hi, I have 2 columns in a worksheet. Column 1 has a list of company names. Column 2 is currently blank. I need to place a "13" in column 2 wherever the company name in column 1 contains the text "university" or "college". Otherwise, a "14" should be entered. I can get this to work if I use: =IF (A16 = "Sheffield University", 13, 14) but this only works for the exact string. Can anyone show me how to do this where a field CONTAINS a specified word instead of an exact string? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message pos...

IF in formula
Help...I'm tired of trying different formulas and none are working... I'm looking for a formula to do the following, with 9 employee names possible in one cell, each employee, depending on who's name is typed in, will multiply different cells for the answer. If cell B2 would be "employee1" then take C2*E2*I24, if B2 would be "employee2" then take C2*E2*I25, if B2 would be "employee3" the take C2*E2*I26 and so on Thanks for your input!!! No IFs are required. Let's put a simple lookup table in Z1 thru AA9: Mary I24 Alice I25 ...

help extracting data from 3 text files to csv
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

formula to subtract percentage from whole
I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do this on the calculator). Formula NOT reliant on other cells. Appreciate your help Hi, in the cell where you want the result enter to increase =A1*1.15 to decrease =A1/1.15 "Shevvie" wrote: > I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage > of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and > vic...

Min bal requirement
My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to waive the service charge fees, so I want to keep the minimum in the account. Any recommendations on how to balance to the statement? Should I deduct the $250 from the check register & try to remember this every month when I balance to subtract the $250 from the bank's balance? Is there an easier way? Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?S2VsaUI=?= <KeliB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 08 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > My checking account has a minimum balance requirement of $250 to > waive the servic...

NEED HELP-wrong formatting saved ??
After using word 2007 and saving a word file, it changed the formatting from the previous file (i think it was .wps microsoft works word processor) and now its all messed up.....I think I saved it in some other wrong encoding standard......now, whenever I open this file now half of it is in some weird looking unreadable characters....like this with wha捬屨捦ㅳ尠晡‰汜牴档晜獣‰歜牥楮杮尰扤档慜㍦㔱㔰楜獮獲摩㌱ㄳ〶‷਍灜牡素筽⩜灜獮捥癬ㅬ灜畮牣屭湰瑳牡ㅴ灜楮摮湥㝴〲灜桮湡⁧屻湰硴慴ges! That is what seems to happen once the system breaks its laws from the inside. ......couldnt find online solutions...does anyone have any suggestions or s...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

Email help
Hi I am experimenting with Ron de Bruin's "Sending mail from Excel with CDO" and so far it has worked. With iMsg Set .Configuration = iConf .To = "ajtb@iinet.net.au" .CC = "" .BCC = "" .From = """Andrew"" <ajtb@iinet.net.au>" .Subject = "Progress Report" .TextBody = strbody "The line below caused an error" .addattachment ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2) "The line below worked" ...

if formula #5
i have data in sheet 1 and if the column AG has agent code 1,2,3,4, and so on i have creatred different sheets for the agents i want when the data is inputed in sheet 1 and when column AG is updated the information should be copied to respective sheet. -- Nisha P Hi -Navigate to the cell in the sheet that needs to update automatically -Press the equals (=) key -Navigate to and click on the cell that contains the value required -Press Enter -- Steve "nishkrish" <nishkrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0753B6E-DFFA-4DEF-BF89-D65A8C2424D0@microsof...

Help!!! Cannot import pst files from a prior install
Help!!! Cannot import pst files from a prior install My system crashed and I reinstalled MS Outlook98 but it will not import my pst files which have all my calendar and appointment information. Messages such as .pst is not a personal folders file (when it really is). Properties for this information service must be properly defined prior to use. I'm lost. Please email me directly by sending mailto:ron@intellworks.com. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can solve this problem and help me get my business back running. Thanks in advance, Ron 1) Did you move it to a CD?...

how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43
how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43 (68 minutes and 43 seconds) In article <5F13B001-9B6B-4D5D-BD81-ACAAF5799CF6@microsoft.com>, "=? Utf-8?B?dmVsZSBQaGFudA==?=" <vele Phant@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > how do i convert Min:Sec to Min.sec for example 68:43:00 = 68.43 (68 minutes > and 43 seconds) > =MINUTE(C31)+SECOND(C31)/100 where C31 contains the time in hh:mm:ss. Note that XL may format the cell containing the formula with a time format. If so, change it to 'General'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-m...

Need help with MDI App
I have an MDI app that allows for multiple views of different types to exist at the same time. I want to be able though to prevent multiple views of the same type. For example I have a view that represents a customer and a view that represents a supplier. Both of them can be open at the same time but not two customers or two suppliers. What is the proper way to prevent a second view of the same type from opening? >I have an MDI app that allows for multiple views of different types to exist >at the same time. I want to be able though to prevent multiple views of the >same type....

Lost File Please help
I opened an Excel attachment in an email did some work on it clicked on the save button and closed it. Now I can't find the file with the changes. Where did it go? I think I should have did a save as to a location and have now lost several hours of work. I've done searches, looked in temp directories. Is there any hope of finding it? Phil It should have replaced the original "Excel attachment" UNLESS it was NOT a workbook with the appropriate file extension for your Excel version. In that case it would have the same name but an Excel workbook extension. A good free an...

formulas-
what is the proper way of entering a formula if you want to sum colum a if colum b is >03-01-05 but <04-01-05 One way: =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100>DATEVALUE("03/01/05"))*(B1:B100<DATEVALUE("04/01/05"))* A1:A100) You do realize, that your parameters will *not* sum the entire month of March. What you posted (>03-01-05), will exclude the first day of the month. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------...

If Formula #4
Hi I have a formula in cell Y11 shown below =IF(ISERR(FIND("/",T1)),WORKDAY(Y10,6-WEEKDAY(Y10)),Y10-WEEKDAY(Y10,2)+8) I need add a new condition to this formula so that it only operate when the word DAILY appears in cell X10 X10 can have two values DAILY or 5 MIN if X10 shows 5 MIN then i want to use a new formula in cell Y11 =IF(X10="5 MIN",BB3) How can i combine these Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(X10="Daily",IF(ISERR(FIND("/",T1)),WORKDAY(Y10,6-WEEKDAY(Y10)),Y10- WEEKDAY(Y10,2)+8),"")...

Problem with formula when inserting a new column
Hi I have a spreadsheet similar to the below which is updated weekly A B C D NAME WEEKLY SCORE WEEKLY SCORE MEETING HELD John Smith 250 230 01/11/2009 Jane Smith 105 10 07/12/2009 I insert a new column at the beginning of every week to enter in the new score so we have a continual track. I want to create seperate spreadsheets for the team managers for their employees which will update...

can i short data with excel formula
if column A1 has any value and column A3 has any value and column A7 has any value , so can i short these value with excel formula..... You'll need to provide a clearer explanation of what you are looking for. A1, A3 and A7 are cells, not columns. What does "short these" mean? Do you mean "show these"? If so, is this what you are looking for: =if(and(a1<>"",a3<>"",a7<>""),true,false) Regards, Fred Best idea is to provide an example of what you want done. Regards, Fred "sunder jangra" <s...

Help with a simple formula #2
I'm new and trying to learn Excel so please excuse the simple questions. I want to create a formula on a spread sheet that will subtract the number that I will put in a new cell every month from a cell that never changes. This cell - with the answer - sits below the spreadsheet. PghPatti If I understand you correctly, you will need 3 cells. One cell, say A1, is the cell that never changes. The second cell, say B1, is the cell into which you type a number. The third cell, say C1, is the cell that has the answer of the second cell subtracted from the first cell. In the third cel...

SDI MAX/MIN childframe?
In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child frame, or max/min the child frame? Thanks in advance On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:24:46 -0800 (PST), rockdale <rockdale.green@gmail.com> wrote: >In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child >frame, or max/min the child frame? >Thanks in advance No. It doesn't even make sense to consider this. It *is* possible to change the view (there's even an MSDN article on how to have multiple mutually-exclusive views in SDI) but simply hiding the frame makes no sense. What do ...

help of VBA
I have having an input sheet(Input) and use macro to add data to another sheet(PartsData) The macro is as below: Sub UpdateLogWorksheet() Dim historyWks As Worksheet Dim inputWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long Dim oCol As Long Dim myRng As Range Dim myCopy As String Dim myCell As Range ====================================================================== 'cells to copy from Input sheet - some contain formulas myCopy = "C2,G2,G3,G4,G5,G6,G7,G8,G9,G10,G11,G12,G14,G15,G16,G17,G18,G19,G20,G21,G22,G23,G24,G25,G26,G27,G28,G29,G30,G31,G32,G33,G34,G...