microsoft query add-in

I have just installed the Microsoft Query add-in to
Excel...can anyone tell me if this is the exact query that
Access uses, or are there differences in them.

Thanks
diane :?:

Query kind of looks like Access, but it not nearly as
powerful.  It has several limitations.  For example, what
I think is the biggest hinderance, is the inability to do
Outer Joins in Query.  I do use Query, but mainly to bring
something in from Access.

0
ththth (1)

Optimizing query
I have a query where the execution plan is showing a table scan with 32% cost. I have tried to put indexes on pretty much all the fields and still get the same result. The predicate from the Query Analysers execution plan for this table is: [dbo].[REVIEWER].[EnvironmentID]=[@EnvironmentID] AND ([@NameChoice] IS NULL OR CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')<>'' THEN ([dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName]+', ')+[dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName] ELSE CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')='' THEN [dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName] ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Need Query Help
Hi All, I am new to Access. I built a query which gives me purchase orders and payments on those purchase orders. However, the query dpes not give me purchase orders with no payments. I need both: (1) purchase orders with payments and (2) and purchase orders without payments. How do I go about adjusting my query to include both? -- Shirley In your query, select the line that joins your two tables and right-click. That should bring up a context menu with a choice for Join Properties. Select that, then select the option that will include ALL records from the purchase order table ...

Can't add additional components
When I try to add an additional component to Pub 2003 from my installation CD (using Add/Remove Prog.) I get the error that I have an incorrect pro11.msi file, both on the installation CD and the one on my system. I think that this may be because of Office Update changing something. Does anyone know how to resolve this? "This installation package could not be opened" error message when you try to run Office 2003 Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828380 How to use a setup log file to troubleshoot setup problems in Office 2003 http://support.microsoft....

How do I add sound to outgoing messages
In Outlook Express I could add a sound to outoging messages that would play when it was opened. I have not been able to figure out how to do it in Outlook 2003. Anyone know? If you are using Windows XP SP-2, the ability to add sounds/video to outgoing mail via Wordmail is broken. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sandie asked: | In Outlook Express I could add a sound to outo...

Microsoft Promo

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

microsoft XL

Outlook Automatically Adds Appointments to the Calendar
have Outlook XP SP3 running on WinXP Pro with SP2. When i view an appointment invitation that was sent to be in the preview pane for some reason outlook automatically adds the appointment (tentativelly) to the calendar. Searching on google.groups i found some people saying that this is the way outlook works and this behavior is by design. I really don't understand their explanation. Why previewing message in outlook would require it to add the appointment to my calendar? Some other people said to disable tracking options but that didn't help. Any other advice. Thank you very much. ...

Button Parameter Query
I am a COMPLETE NOVICE struggling with designing a database... Have Mercy! I need my user to be able to select from a drop down list of queries from which the user can then further choose a a single or combination of 7 regions as the final criteria. I believe I would need a drop down list of existing queries, for example, "All Active By Region#", and then allow the user to choose which region(s) they need to generate the report from a set of buttons on a parameter query form? The reports will provide Region#, Name, Id#, address, phone numbers, e-mail, and teachable qualif...

Sum of Descriptions Query
Hi: I have a Query that has a WorkID and a Work Description: ID: Description: 1 Go to work 2 Come home 3 Eat Dinner I want to compile the Descriptions into a single description: Go to work, Come Home, Eat Dinner Can I do this & if so how? Thanks! Hi, can you tell us a bit more - what happens after you put 'Go to work, Come Home, Eat Dinner' together? Do you have a table with lots of entries like this that you need to concatenate in the same way? Jeanette Cunningham "Jazflux" <Jazflux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A57FEC-802D-4B54-BFD7-9...

Use SQL to delete record from underlying query
I have a form that is a main and subform. The subform uses dlookup to find multiple values that are used as defaults for the current record. This process is complex and ends up using code to modify bound fields. This works great until I want to cancel the update. If the user wants to add a record, this form is loaded and all of the prior settings from the underlying tables are brought in. If I then click Cancel to close the form and not complete the new entry, the record is saved anyway. I understand why the record is saved by Access. I wanted to delete the just added record as a roundabout ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Add Text To Multiple cells
I am working on this project & I cant figure out how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell without clicking in to each individual cell and typing it in. (very time consuming and tedious) The problem is - it's not all the cells but a majority, all of the numbers are in the same column. To explain, these are documents in storage. Each item is assigned a number (not in any particular numerical order but they have to stay in the order they are. Example: X39655 X39656 X39711 39662 39664 39665 The last three numbers need the X in front of them. Any ideas? Thanks so much...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...