Microsoft Map #2

I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions,
now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that
vectorial mapping functionality. Which is the alterantive
application or add-on?
0
anonymous (74721)

I guess it is MS MapPoint

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions,
> now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that
> vectorial mapping functionality. Which is the alterantive
> application or add-on?

0
terre081 (3244)
7/29/2004 1:25:11 AM
I have the same issue. Since I own a license to both 2000 and XP I am
wondering whether to install both on the same computer. Could I somehow use
the mapping tools inside XP as long as they are on the same computer? Anyone
know if this could be set up as an add-in for XP? Map Point is an expensive
solution for a function I already have in a previous version that I paid for
already...

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions,
> now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that
> vectorial mapping functionality. Which is the alterantive
> application or add-on?

0
EBJim (1)
10/13/2004 9:25:06 PM
I am running Excel 97 on a Win 98SE C: partition on HDD.

Excel 2002 and 2003 Insert>Object give me the option "Microsoft Map", which is
the old version of MSMAP.

Found in C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\datamap

Don't ask me how this is possible.

2002 and 2003 are on Win XP E: partition which can see the other partition. I
did not have to point them to MSMAP.  They found it by themselves.

Point is.........MSMAP can be used in 2002 and 2003 if proper files are
present.  Probably be forced to register some *.DDL's if files were copied
from 97 CD

Another option is "Microsoft MapPoint North American Map" because I have
MapPoint 2004 installed.

Gord

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:25:06 -0700, "EBJim" <EBJim@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have the same issue. Since I own a license to both 2000 and XP I am
>wondering whether to install both on the same computer. Could I somehow use
>the mapping tools inside XP as long as they are on the same computer? Anyone
>know if this could be set up as an add-in for XP? Map Point is an expensive
>solution for a function I already have in a previous version that I paid for
>already...
>
>"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
>
>> I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions,
>> now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that
>> vectorial mapping functionality. Which is the alterantive
>> application or add-on?

0
Gord

2 same ways of protecting Excel file
In Excel 2007 we can protect workbook using 2 ways: 1. Office button > Save as, choose file format, and then Tools, General options. 2. Office button > Prepare > Encrypt document Does anybody know is there difference between these 2 ways Thanks ...

How do I configure Outlook to microsoft Exchange server.
Everytime I try to open my Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 a small box appears saying " Configuring Outlook Accounts". Then a small window appears saying " Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". How can I fix this? I have Windows Pro XP on my computer. I need a simple answer if possible. I am not a computer wiz :) Use the mail applet in the control panel to remove the exchange account, then configure the correct type, pop mail? "Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D633AF-C17C-40BA-B718-8807EEACCA0B@microsoft.com......

new #2
http://clixncash.com/ptp2.php?p=r&ref=price ...

List Validation #2
Hello Everybody, I have applied list validations to cell, say C4. The list contains two values : CY & CFS But when I copy & paste special values other than the list (sa WAREHOUSE from cell B4), excel accepts the same. Can anyone help me to restrict the cell updation only as per list. Thnks & Rgds, Rajendra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi with Data - Validation you can't prevent copy/paste operations. This would require VBA >-----Original Message----- >Hello Everybody, > >I have applied list validations to cell, say C4. > >The lis...

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

Freezing Cells #2
Here's the problem, I like the idea about being able to freeze the the panes of a worksheet. However I would like to freeze certain cells, for example I want to just freeze I1 through I10. The freeze panes option grabs A1 through I10 which is not what I want. Any ideas on how I could get around this? Scott Scott, You can't freeze only part of a row or column. Freeze works only on entire rows and/or columns. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Illusvfyre" <sboisvert@cox.net> wrote in message news:C...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2
Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines-3997.html Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Information : Brand : Longines Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines.html ) Gender : Mens Code : L2.643.8.73.2 Item Variations : L26438732 Movement : Automatic Bezel : Fixed Case Material : 18k rose Gold Case Diameter : Dial Color : Silver...

Standard Alloc of 2-D Array
I have a very simple piece of code that initializes a 2D int array: unsigned int** arr_int = new unsigned int*[sp1 + 1]; for(int i = 0; i < sp1; ++i) { arr_int[i] = new unsigned int[sp2 + 1]; for(int j = 0; j < sp2; ++j) { arr_int[i][j] = -1; } } The values of sp1 = 35000 and sp2 = 35000. I am getting a CMemoryException thrown at different values of i ranging from 1420 to 14030. Why is this happening? Is it not possible to allocate a 35000 x 35000 int array. I have a machine with 1GB RAM and decent processing power. Lots of space on disk and no virtual mem problems. T...

2 access97
1) What is the Max stable size for an Access 2000 Database? My 750 MB A97 Database Converts to an 829 MB A2K database ...at what size will it become unreliable? 2) I say above that it converts but I'm not too sure... every time I attempt to convert it I get an "Out of System Resources" or "Out of Disk Space" message, which is odd as i have run it on machines with 256 and 512 MB RAM and at least 8 GB of free hard drive space. every time the file is the same size and appears to be complete.. I've been using the files for testing and they seem to work fine... but...

2 column subreport problem
I have a report with a single column. I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has two columns. Only one column prints in the sub-report. TIA for your help. Never mind....I got it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! "R Fourt" wrote: > I have a report with a single column. > I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has > two columns. > Only one column prints in the sub-report. > TIA for your help. ...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_ #2
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

MTA Service #2
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. As far as I am aware the MTA Stack service on 2003 is not required. This is just a throwback to 5.5. We do not have the Exchange MTA Stacks service running because of this but I keep getting event id 2000's. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: MTA Connections Event ID: 2000 Date: 28/10/2005 Time: 10:16:29 User: N/A Computer: BCMAIL01 Description: Verify that the Microsoft Exchange MTA service has started. Consecutive ma-open calls are failing with error 3051. For more information, click http:/...

Tracking users who open my workbook
Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. Fred Flintstone hu kiteb: > Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. > > The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example > ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. What's to stop someone from copying the file and viewing it locally, or viewing it without making changes? It is quite easy for a given user to see the contents without forcing a sav...

Question #2
Hello! I'm new to the group and I'm working on an excel sheet. What I'm trying to do is, in a column have a number ex. 36 repeat that number 72 times and on the 73 row increase the number 36 by 1 (to 37). I need to do it about 730 times. I don't know where to start. I've tried to do an auto fill but it's increments by a decimal. The sheet should look like this. Column A 36 36 36 36 36 (72 times) 37 37 37 (72 times) Can anyone help? Thanks, Darrell --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way, put in row1 =FLOOR(36+(MOD(ROW(1:1)/73,72)),1)...

Excel List to Table #2
thanks Herbert. Herbert Seidenberg Wrote: > Copy Date to a column with Advanced Filterunique records only. > > =SUMPRODUCT((Date=Date2 R)*(Name=Name2 C)*Data) Is it like? Sheet1 = original (1D) list Sheet2 = one with AdvFilter-unique Sheet3 = resultant 2D table. I suppose R and C are intrinsically defined as Row and Column? still trying.... Do you think I can extend this to multi-dimension analysis? thanx Frankie LAU. -- frtklau ...

lost emails #2
Port 25 on the router wasn't open so users couldn't recieve email for the day. I opened the port and now users are asking if email that was sent to them earlier is going to show up. Will this happen or no? So far users are saying they haven't recieved any emails from earlier on in the morning, where did the emails go? Can I recover them? if the port was not closed for very long, they will eventually receive everything. Most email servers are configured to keep trying to send mail to port 25 on an email server for 2/3 days. The intervals at which it retries get progressive...

Subtraction question #2
Subtracting cells C2 thru I2 Example: If C2 had 3436, D2 had 3395, E2 had 3376, then I need the answer in cell J2 to be 60 EVEN IF THE CELLS F2 THRU I2 ARE BLANK. This formula works fine if I have numbers in ALL cells (C2:I2) "=MAX(C2:H2)-I2" but when there are blank cell it doesn't count right. Thanks in advance! Richard If I have understood your question correctly, this formula entered in J2 will do the trick. =MAX(OFFSET(C2,,,,COUNTA(C2:I2)-1))-OFFSET(C2,,COUNTA(C2:I2)-1) You can't have for instance a number in C2, D2 blank and a number in E2. The blanks are suppose...

2 MX records and spam filtering
Hi all, We just merger two companies. Both had their own mx record mail.com1.com ip= 1.2.3.4 with own exchange server mail.com2.com ip= 4.5.6.7 with own exchange server new (merged company) mail,newcomp.com ip= 1.2.3.41 the low mx record resolves to ip 1.2.3.41, however what happens to users who send mail from 4.5.6.7. reverse dns fqueries from spam filters will resolve to 1.2.3.41.--- will the users in the other office have all their mail considered spam. is there a way around this problem; exchange servers in 2 diff locations and mx record resoves toone location- without sending all e-mail ...

merge 2 copies of xml file???
i want to combine data from 2 versions of a music playlist , but can o0nly find help about merging 2 shared workbooks. can't seem to re-set my xml files as shared workbooks. how do i simply merge 2 lists?? -- musicman toronto On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:25:01 -0800, musiclover wrote: > i want to combine data from 2 versions of a music playlist , but can > o0nly find help about merging 2 shared workbooks. can't seem to re-set > my xml files as shared workbooks. how do i simply merge 2 lists?? It is not obvious why you'd want to combine two XML files with Excel. Are t...

outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003 #2
I have an Exchange 2003 server and all user using outlook 2003, each of the user will have more than one profile set in outlook, everytime user change profile, they have to login again. any method to save the exchange passowrd? (if the profile login and password is the same as their window login, not password needed for Exchange) Give the user proper permissions on the object that they are trying to open the mailbox from in AD U&C. Just curious; why do they need multiple mail profiles for mailboxes on the same Exchange server? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configur...

Microsoft Publisher #5
How can I create a brochure from a blank document? The operative word here is "create." If you are going to create from a blank document, that is what you do. You use as many of the facilities of the program as you need to create your brochure. There are many options available when you choose New from the File drop down menu. In Publisher 2003, expand Publications for Print and choose brouchures. Select and modify the one that you like. Further help may come along when you provide the version that you are using. "bookwalk1" <bookwalk1@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Duplicate Emails? #2
Outlook 2003...; Win XP Home...; Norton Anti-virus 2003; SpamBayes 1.0.3 I've posed this question before without resolution but it's getting worse so here it goes. This problem does not happen all the time but enough (10%) to make it a real nuisance. Occasionally people have told me that emails I send them may be coming through in duplicate on their computers. Occasionally some emails that I receive come through in duplicate or even triplicate. When I access my email via the web based portal there are no duplicates so I know the problem is on my end. In past discussions people hav...

when installing microsoft office enterprise 2007 I got error 25004
I have a computer with OS Windows 7. Is this software is compatible or not? Ricardo wrote: >I have a computer with OS Windows 7. Is this software is compatible or not? > > Have you uninstalled any trial versions that may have come with your Windows 7 system? Trial versions and proper licensed versions aren't compatible with each other unless you know how to crack a trial version to convert it into a full version. hth Yes it is, but since Enterprise is a volume license you will need to seek direct support from whoever supplied it "Ricardo" &...

Weighted Average #2
I am new to the weighing of numbers using excel. I really need help. I am able to do this manually, but I it takes too long. Yes I still use the calculator instead of excel. I am new at this. Please help. I need to figure out the Quaterly total of the Average second. Manualy, I divide the total of the month and divide it by quaterly total then this number is the multiple by the months average second. And I repeat for all months. I then add and this is where my 0:18 comes from. Please help if this makes sense. Total Average seconds October 7,727 0:26 November 6,292 0:12 December 5,4...