Microsoft Excel 2007, Sharing Violation when saving file

Hi all,

Excel 2007 in Windows Vista

Every now and then, I cannot save the excel file that I am working because
of a "Sharing violation". If it matters, the excel file is saved back and
forth between three people, all using Windows Vista.

Any idea why this happens?

1
Kevin

Probably because more than one user is trying to access the same data at the
same time and EXCEL doesn't like that.

Thanks.

"Kevin Hendrawan" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Excel 2007 in Windows Vista
>
> Every now and then, I cannot save the excel file that I am working because
> of a "Sharing violation". If it matters, the excel file is saved back and
> forth between three people, all using Windows Vista.
>
> Any idea why this happens?
>
> .

-1

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Great Plains 9 Restore
Hi, I am trying to upgrade from great plains 9 to great plains 9 sp2. So, we have setup up a test server where I have installed GP 9 and restored the data. At the moment I am just reading the KB923671 from customer source and one of the prequisites that you need to do before installing the service pack deals with Reports.dic and Forms.dic My question is when you install GP on such a scanario does one have to copy/restore the Reports.dic and Forms.dic files from the live system [or from the backups]. Or are they irrelevant? Thanks Sanjay, The FORMS.DIC and REPORTS.DIC are irreleva...

Help! Excel Formula
Below is an example of data in my excel sheet. A B C D E F Cell 1 ? cell 2 Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain cell 3 Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india cell 4 Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain Now if i enter a numerical value in A1 (where '?' is), i need a formula which will check the column B and produce a result as desired below Entery number = 9 then print "Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain" Entery number = 12 then print "Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india" Ente...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

[quote][/quote]Many friends ask me how to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. I always recommend them Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter. It backup  convert almost any type of DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Moreover ,It?s a powerful DVD to iPhone converter with very fast conversion speed. The output also supports full screen viewing.I think it is very useful and easy to use too.So , I recommend this useful software to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Hope it can help you.I download it here: http://www.92download.com/wiki/Cucusoft_DVD...

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Excel cannot find match
Using Excel 2003. Excel cannot find match for data that exists in spreadsheet when using the Find command. Any fixes? Perhaps Excel cannot find a match and doesn't need fixing. Your data may need fixing. Do you have extra spaces in the data? Are you looking for "entire cell contents" Are you looking for an exact match as in case-sensitive? Are you looking in formulas when you should be looking in values? See the available options under Edit>Find "Options>>" button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:02:08 -0700, "GLH" <glhoo...

Accidently deleted rows in Excel.
Hi all, I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in my spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I get all those rows back? Thanks for your help! Close the file without saving. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Pelochino" <Pelochino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9F3FA2-E7DD-495F-A994-AF49E57A96CD@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in > my > spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

Excel not Access

copy and paste from excel to ppt with VBA
Hello all, I need to copy a lot of graphs from excel and paste them into a ppt file using VBA code. So far, I used this VBA code: ... Worksheets("Slide01").Range("BB1:BF1").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select .... and format of the object in the ppt is a bitmap. Now I would like to copy the object like a "picture". How must I change the above VBA code in order to do that? (please consider that the presentation has a lot of slides, so it should remain "light") Thx a lot for your help Patrik -- PATRIK --------------------...

Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e
I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro 2007. I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying to send email. I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an email. This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line through it. HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the paperclip button to attach files. It does work between emails though. I can create a new email and drag at...

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

Microsoft Promo

Excel #26
I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column.. Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with . http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter. : SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info, But, I am getting company in...

Outlook Data Files #3
Hi All Can anybody tell me what exactly the Outlook data files do? and what happens if you delete one. Does it automatically reset itself? I somehow ended up with more than one so I have done a backup and cleaned them out by deleting htem. Outlook data files contain all your Outlook data. Clarify the rest of your questions. Read this: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "News" <someone@someone.com> wrote in messa...