Microsoft Excel #10

I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel
like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel. Do
I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that would
upgrade my system to similar capabilities?
0
Knight (4)

"Sir Knight" <Sir Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel
>like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel.
>Do I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that
>would upgrade my system to similar capabilities?

You have to purchase Excel.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
4/26/2005 8:54:51 AM
You have to purchase excel, but you may want to purchase the MS Office Suite of
programs.  It might be more cost effective for you than just buying excel
program itself.

In fact, if you check your big box store (BestBuy) or even your local computer
store, you may find that the Student/Teacher version of office is on sale.

You do have to qualify for that version:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&type=ovr&pcid=f4bdb504-c05e-4aa6-8fd4-e4e4cccd1174

(one line in your browser)

--

Dave Peterson
0
>You have to purchase excel, but you may want to purchase the MS Office
Suite of
>programs.  It might be more cost effective for you than just buying
excel
>program itself.
>
>In fact, if you check your big box store (BestBuy) or even your local
computer
>store, you may find that the Student/Teacher version of office is on
sale.

Well, to legally qualify to purchase the Student/Teacher version the OP
needs to have a student or teacher in his household. I suppose the
stores don't check.

If the question truly is bang/$, OpenOffice does about as much as MSFT
Office, and it's a free (though HUGE) download.

That said, the word processor in Works is much closer to Word than the
spreadsheet is to Excel, so the OP probably would gain nothing or very
little in wp terms. I have no idea about the other components, but if
it's only the spreadsheet the OP needs, it *IS* cheaper to buy Excel a
la carte rather than bundled into Office.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
4/26/2005 4:29:11 PM
And just add, the OP may find a version of excel on eBay.com that's pretty
cheap, too.

Lots of people recommend that xl2k or higher is the minimum version of excel
that they would use.

It looks to me like Works Suite 2005 is one version behind Office2003.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/choose.aspx?comparison=Works8vsWorksSuite2005
(one line in your browser)

But word2002 in works is the same as word2002 in OfficeXP.

Harlan Grove wrote:

> Dave Peterson wrote...
> >You have to purchase excel, but you may want to purchase the MS Office
> Suite of
> >programs.  It might be more cost effective for you than just buying
> excel
> >program itself.
> >
> >In fact, if you check your big box store (BestBuy) or even your local
> computer
> >store, you may find that the Student/Teacher version of office is on
> sale.
>
> Well, to legally qualify to purchase the Student/Teacher version the OP
> needs to have a student or teacher in his household. I suppose the
> stores don't check.
>
> If the question truly is bang/$, OpenOffice does about as much as MSFT
> Office, and it's a free (though HUGE) download.
>
> That said, the word processor in Works is much closer to Word than the
> spreadsheet is to Excel, so the OP probably would gain nothing or very
> little in wp terms. I have no idea about the other components, but if
> it's only the spreadsheet the OP needs, it *IS* cheaper to buy Excel a
> la carte rather than bundled into Office.

--

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
4/26/2005 7:55:22 PM
Dave Peterson wrote...
>Lots of people recommend that xl2k or higher is the minimum version of
excel
>that they would use.

Having used XL8/97 for 8 years, XL9/2K for 3 and XL10/2002 and
XL11/2003 for a few months, I have to say that XL8/97 does almost
everything the later versions do except for pivot tables, OLAP, file
import and VBA6. That said, I find XL8/97's old WinHelp help system
MUCH BETTER than the 'help' systems in the more recent versions. So
much so that I've kept the XL8/97 .HLP files and use them rather than
the slow & klunky .CHM files from the newer versions.

0
hrlngrv (1990)

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Help! Excel Formula
Below is an example of data in my excel sheet. A B C D E F Cell 1 ? cell 2 Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain cell 3 Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india cell 4 Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain Now if i enter a numerical value in A1 (where '?' is), i need a formula which will check the column B and produce a result as desired below Entery number = 9 then print "Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain" Entery number = 12 then print "Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india" Ente...

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Excel cannot find match
Using Excel 2003. Excel cannot find match for data that exists in spreadsheet when using the Find command. Any fixes? Perhaps Excel cannot find a match and doesn't need fixing. Your data may need fixing. Do you have extra spaces in the data? Are you looking for "entire cell contents" Are you looking for an exact match as in case-sensitive? Are you looking in formulas when you should be looking in values? See the available options under Edit>Find "Options>>" button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:02:08 -0700, "GLH" <glhoo...

Accidently deleted rows in Excel.
Hi all, I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in my spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I get all those rows back? Thanks for your help! Close the file without saving. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Pelochino" <Pelochino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9F3FA2-E7DD-495F-A994-AF49E57A96CD@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in > my > spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I...

Excel not Access

copy and paste from excel to ppt with VBA
Hello all, I need to copy a lot of graphs from excel and paste them into a ppt file using VBA code. So far, I used this VBA code: ... Worksheets("Slide01").Range("BB1:BF1").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select .... and format of the object in the ppt is a bitmap. Now I would like to copy the object like a "picture". How must I change the above VBA code in order to do that? (please consider that the presentation has a lot of slides, so it should remain "light") Thx a lot for your help Patrik -- PATRIK --------------------...

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

Microsoft Promo

Excel #26
I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column.. Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with . http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter. : SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info, But, I am getting company in...

Cell Format 05-25-10
I want to enter <shift>: in a cell (this would be Shift Key and the colon character to enter a date). And then automatically format this cell so that the date is on one line, and the value "Critical Date" on the second line. So the cell value would look like this: 05/25/2010 Critical Date Can someone explain how to do this? If it can be done with code, I would be interested in that also... First, ctrl-: (control-colon) will enter the time, not the date. You want ctrl-; (control-semicolon) to enter the date. Second, you can use a custom number format to...

microsoft XL

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

excel disappeared
excel is just gone off my computer!!! It is since my last windows update, and now i cant access my spreadsheets and cannot run my leasing program. Is there a way to restore it? it keeps asking for a disk i dont have, this emachine came with something on it we upgraded to sp pro which i do have the disk for but it wants 2000 and like i said i dont have it any suggestions? Hi you need the correct installation media. If you have upgraded Office you need the upgrade CDs -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Is there a way to download a copy of the Excel 2002 version of th.
the manual that would come with a purchase of the product. We have a license and don't receive the actual physical book. That is a non-existing object -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Erinayn" <Erinayn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFAEF-FD39-472A-B07B-B932E7B16009@microsoft.com... > the manual that would come with a purchase of the product. We have a > license > and don't receive the actual physical book. But if you visit your local bookstore, you'll find many people who make their liv...