Micr

I have a worksheet in Excel 2000. Fields correspond to fields on a check.
Once filled in I want MICR check number to print on bottom of check. I would
put in the check number and the font (being set in that cell to MICR) would
print in MICR.

We do have a font cartridge for the HP4+ with MICR on it. (Character set
"(10Y" ). That is used for printing from our UNIX programs. I can't see this
cartridge in Windows and it doesn not have drivers for Win98.

The font does has a number assigned to it by the printer. Anyone know how to
access it? Or would buying a TT Font work? I don't want to buy something if
I can get the font cartridge to work.

thanks.

0
robp1 (1)

Magtek MICR+
Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help would be great. Thanks, I used a Magtex MiniMICR with a KB Wedge inteface, and it worked OK once I got the devices configured. What kind of interface are you using? The Magtek OPOS drivers will make RMS crash on exit, so if you're using those you're in trouble. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:28:58 -0700, Garyg <garyg@nofretpc.com> wrote: > Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am > having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help > wo...

MICR
Hello all, we have MICR and the accnt manager wants to set it up where he can restrict the emps from printing the actual checks.. if the emps do the build and the calculate they are the ones that have to post correct? So is my best option just to have him come in when they are ready to print and set up the password have him type it in and then make sure they post and that be the end of it? TIA Whoever prints the checks (entering the password) can post. VG "Brian" wrote: > Hello all, we have MICR and the accnt manager wants to set it up where > he can restrict the...

Micr
I have a worksheet in Excel 2000. Fields correspond to fields on a check. Once filled in I want MICR check number to print on bottom of check. I would put in the check number and the font (being set in that cell to MICR) would print in MICR. We do have a font cartridge for the HP4+ with MICR on it. (Character set "(10Y" ). That is used for printing from our UNIX programs. I can't see this cartridge in Windows and it doesn not have drivers for Win98. The font does has a number assigned to it by the printer. Anyone know how to access it? Or would buying a TT Font work? I don'...

MICR Line
We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks. We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two different companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each company because of this we can print same check number on multiple checks. How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies. Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way? Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu Just use two check sequences. That will make it so mu...

MICR font
GP Report Writer has a font called MICRe13b. Could that be used to print the MICR line on blank check stock? Hi Tree309 well yes and no. I believe the font is the proper size and style but you need to have the proper spacing and layout. You also need to have a printer with magentic ink cartridge to print this line. I would recommend looking at the MICR product from MEkorma if you are interested in printing your own checks. They have all of things worked out already and it will probably save you a lot of time/Money instead of developing it yourself. Cheers Fliehigh "tree309...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Mekorma MICR
Can it print 3 checks per page with no stub? ...

Micr Error
Im getting an error in equation "check total" when i try to reprint zrero dollar checks in MICR. Why? ...

MICR functions in RMS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0084_01C4E2C5.50BCED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I use MICR to populate the check information when I tender a = check at the POS? RMS documentation states that Store Operations = interfaces to MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) readers to read = information printed at the bottom of a check. I have MICR functionality = built into my POS printers, but I cannot trigger Store Operations to = read the check during the 'Check Validation&...

ANN: MICR Encoding For Microsoft Dynamics
For an overview check here: http://www.checkmaster.com/ For detailed information check here: http://www.checkmaster.com/Custom.htm -- Alex Aaron tech@checkmaster.com ...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

MICR 2nd page printed.
Our company uses MICR check system and every time we print check, there is 2nd page printed... We only want to print one page. I tried to change check face in MICR setup, but it is still printing 2nd page. Please advice for solution. ...

International Check Writing/MICR
We have an office in London that needs to write checks using blank check stock. In the US we use Mekorma to print checks from blank check stock. Will Mekorma work on blank check stock in the UK? If not, what other products are there? (we are on 8.0, eventually moving to 9.0 sometime this year) Thanks It is normal practise in the UK to have pre-printed blank cheques, usually on A4 with remitance listing above or below the cheque. Using standard great plains reports customisation you can modify a cheque layout to fit with the UK banks cheque requiements layout. If I can be any more hel...

how do I disable mekorma micr for a user?
it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks she is using it. we no longer use it. I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point even though she has not been getting this message for months now after mekorma was first disabled for her. "database setup not complete error messag" wrote: > it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks >...

Anyone using MICR and ECC/ECA with RMS?
Hi, our business wants to start using Electronic Check Acceptance / Electronic Check Conversion, but I've not come across any merchant services or providers that have a product which is compatable and integrates with RMS. Anyone know of a service provider or bank which does? If not, is anyone even using ECC/ECA, and how do you manually integrate it into your business process operations? Thanx! The only RMS Integration with check services is through PC Charge. As far as I know, the only thing you can really do with PCCharge is Check Verification, where you still have to physical...

Cannot start Micr. Office Outlook. Cannot open Outlook Window
How do I access my emails now? "josca" <josca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E04DAFC-406C-46B3-8E77-28ED51DE361B@microsoft.com... > How do I access my emails now? Click Start>Run>outlook.exe /resetnavpane Be sure to include the space after ".exe". -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

problem downloading from financial institution to micr money 2000
I have not been able to download any transactions from my financial institution to Microsoft Money 2000. This problem just recently occured. Previuosly, some of my transactions were not recognized. Now I get a message with something to the effect that the website cannot be found. thanks, Robert Murphy In microsoft.public.money, Robert Murphy wrote: >I have not been able to download any transactions from my >financial institution to Microsoft Money 2000. This >problem just recently occured. Previuosly, some of my >transactions were not recognized. Now I get a message...

checkbook maintenance & multicurrency & mekorma MICR
We just installed the Multicurrency (MC) module for our GP 7.5 and one suggestion we can make is on the checkbook maintenance screen (Setup>>Purchasing>>Mekorma MICR Setup>Mekorma MICR Setup>>click Checkbook ID). We'd like to see the Cash Account Balance show up in the same currency as the current checkbook balance. Right now, the Current checkbook balance shows up in C$, but the Cash Account Balance shows up in US$ (b/c US $ is our functional currency). So, when you look at it, one isn't looking apples to apples. At least have an option to show both cur...

Laser printers that support check printing (MICR?) from Dynamics GP
I am looking for a list of laser printers that can support check printing by Dynamics GP. We are using dot-matrix on pre-printed form and got tired of them! Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill Are you using Mekorma MICR Check Printing? If so the documentation has list of laser printers. "Bill N" wrote: > I am looking for a list of laser printers that can support check printing by > Dynamics GP. > We are using dot-matrix on pre-printed form and got tired of them! > > Your help is greatly appreciated. > > Bill > > . >...

How do I get around the problem where x and y axis labels in Micr.
Quite often when I create charts in Excel, and I put text in the y-axis label, the right (top) edge of the text is cut off. I can't resize this box to make it any bigger to show all the text. There doesn't have to be a lot of text either. Making a separate text box doesn't cure the problem straight up, I still have to resize it. This occurs on Excel 2002. Thanks, Put a couple of spaced followed by a period at the end of the Y axis label. Format the period to be the same color as the background and you should be set. "Dixit Dominus" wrote: > Quite often...