merging xls tables

Hi!

  I have 200 XLS files each with a table with same fields
all at 1st sheet. I woul like to make from them one big
table in 1 sheet. I'll take all fields from all of them.
hopefully by the order of the files(wich are numbered).

Thanks for your help!
0
terreni (2)

thanks!

this
>on the help file:
>
>Ways to retrieve data from an external database
>Using Microsoft Query
>You can use Microsoft Query to set up data sources and
>retrieve data. In Query, you can use the Query Wizard to
>create a simple query, or you can use more advanced
>criteria features in Query to create a more complex
query.
>You can access Query directly from Excel, or you can
>create a query from within the PivotTable and PivotChart
>Wizard.
>
>Relational databases, lists, and text files   You can use
>Query to retrieve data that is stored in a relational
>database such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL
Server.
>In addition to external databases, you can also retrieve
>data stored in a Microsoft Excel list or a text file.
>
>When you retrieve data from a relational database, Excel
>list, or text file, you can bring together data that is
>organized in multiple tables. You can also specify
>criteria that data must meet to be included in the
>external data range. This allows you to exclude data that
>isn't relevant to your specific need. For example, you
>might be interested in sales figures, but only for a
>certain month.
>
>If you want to retrieve all of the data in a text file,
>you can import the text file as an external data range
>without creating a query.
>
>I have not tried it myself.
>
>I can't think of any other quick way to merge them apart
>from copy and paste.

0
terreni1 (1)

Auto table name change in Access queries
Do anyone know how to disable automatic table name change in Accessqueries?Currently, I am testing a set of 30 queries in an Access database andneed to have these 30 queries run on different tables, for example,tblA, tblB, and tblC. I have all 30 queries built using tblA. Iwanted to test the data in tblB, so I renamed tblA to tblA_BK and tblBto tblA. However, when I ran the queries, some queries are referringto tblA but some are referring to tblA_BK. Why it that? How toprovent this from happening?Thank you in advanced for your help.- Grasshopper - That is done by Name AutoCorrect, which i...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Splitting a cell within a table
I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell that I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. Please assist. Thanks. Anthony You can only split previously merged cells. "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429D3BCD-C656-4F6B-8EA6-54A40DA12E09@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell > that > I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. > Please > assist. > > Thanks...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Paste rows in a table
Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the first word of each sentence is copied. How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as many rows in a table? Thanks for reading, wiersma7 Try using the 'table, convert text to table' command first. At the moment you are copying all the selected text then pasting...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

Change Icon for XLT and resulting XLS
Hello, I have created an XLT which is used very frequently at my workplace. There are multiple files on our drive made using this template, and I need a way for them to differentiate themselves from other excel files. After many failed attempts to convince my coworkers to save their resulting spreadsheets using a simple naming convention, I come to this group. Is it possible, at all, for the spreadsheets that are created when the XLT is opened to have a unique icon (I have already created the icon)? I've read many posts here about changing the icons for individual workbooks, for excel...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

SOP Tables
We've be using Great Plains for a few years now. All of a sudden we have an error that's started to occur. When we post invoices or returns the document remains in work. The transaction has posted through, but shows both in work and history. We have run a script to remove the work copies, but it continues to occur. ...

Counting items from Table
Hi, I've created a table that has a number of columns, eg Item No Open/Closed Type 122 Open Letter 143 Closed Fax 156 Open Letter 234 Closed Letter 253 Open Fax And what I want to do is add up the number of items that are open and of type Letter. i.e Open AND Letter = 2 I've tried COUNTIF but that only works on one column, so any suggestion on how I can achieve this. This list will be added to so I would prefer the sum updates to be done automatically over a larger range than is currently present. Thanks in advance for...

Cannot repeat table name
I created a report based on a query. After fooling with the design, I started getting "Cannot repeat table name "Loan List" in FROM clause". I cannot find any reference to my table "Loan List" in Design View. How can I see the FROM clause that's complaining? Angbob, This is probably (not necessarily) referring to what you have entered for the Record Source property of the report. Have a look at that for a start. -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP angbob wrote: > I created a report based on a query. > After fooling with the design, I started...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Tool bar in Table format
Hai Iam using vc++,mfc and sdi and i want a Tool bar with Table format (Rows and Columns ) and not in Row Format which is of Default and please let me know how to do that Thanks and Regards suresh Look at style TBBS_WRAPPED. Example DOCKTOOL in MSDN shows how to use it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Suresh" <suresh_vcplusplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#f#7FxsqEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hai > Iam using vc++,mfc and sdi and i wa...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

How to Clear a Pivot Table Cache
I have a workbook with years of company data along with a Pivot Table using those data. I wanted to give this workbook as a "template" to a friend to use it in his work. I deleted most of the data so that he would enter his own but I wanted to leave the Pivot structure as it is. The thing is I cannot get the Pivot to clear its cache and "forget" all the row data it has had all this time. I can do a Clear All on the Pivot which clears everything along with the structure. Is there a way to clear all data no longer present in a workbook (maybe there is somethi...

Hiding Pivot Table Toolbar from a macro
I have recorded several macros to create different pivot tables that I repeatedly use. When I first recorded them, I forgot to close the Pivot Table Toolbar before I stopped recording and it appears each time I run a macro to create the tables. That was OK for a while until I had finished modifying the individual macros to have the tables look just like I want and where I want them. Now I would like to do away with the Pivot Table Toolbar by code at the end of each macro. How to do that is beyond me. Maybe it can't be done but that doesn't stop me from wanting to do it. Will ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...