Merging Worksheets

i have data coming in from various sources in worksheets which i have t
merge into one main workbook but if i change the original worksheets th
main sheet must update. copy and paste takes too long even if i lin
it.. thought i could use an hlookup function to lookup the data bu
cause the source is from various workbooks that doesnt work, so i hav
landed up using the merge workbook function. problem there is if
change an original it doesnt automatically update the main on

Merging two message stores
I have two message stores for Windows Mail on my hard drive. I am using one as my current store. The other one I had used a while ago and then abandoned to try other email processors. When I resumed using Mail I started anew. Don't ask me why. I now would like to import the messages from the old store into my current store. Can you suggest a way I might do that? Paul pcrable wrote: > I have two message stores for Windows Mail on my hard drive. I am using > one as my current store. The other one I had used a while ago and then > abandoned to try other email ...

I need advice on mail-merge mailing with Excel 2003 & Outlook 2003
I need to email about 6,000 contacts of mine in a few weeks, and have the following questions: 1) My email provider allows only 100 emails to be sent per hour. As I don't want to be flagged as a spammer, is there a Outlook script or a seperate program that would allow me to do a schedule that would take the total list and send 99 emails from it every hour until it's done. 2) These will not be a "generic mass-mailing", but one that I would actually have a person name go with each seperate email. My contact information (person name & email address) is stored in an E...

converting a worksheet
we have our invoice set up with excel. it is set up to print on a landscape half page. my question is how do i convert it to print on a regular letter size paper in portrait size. File > Page setup > Page tab > check the portrait button and down below that, select the paper size Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "judy" <j_millerjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:100c01c37e2f$fa02dc40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > we have our invoice set up with excel. it is set up to > print on a landscape half page. > my question is how do i convert it to print on a regular ...

Prevent users from copying worksheets
CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Excel 2003 has a much better protection control. I had people here trying to do the same but nolonger get around the locks that way -- Trimmer "LISACOMOP" wrote: > CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE > UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE > PLEASE HELP! Hi Select "Hidden" in addition to "Locked"...

how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data
how to merge two colums? one contains text rows the other contains numeric data without loosing any of the data this means merging the data also thanks for your help Try Debra's nice coverage at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html She also provides some examples of how to format the numeric data part when it's combined with text under the "Formatting Examples" section - scroll down towards the end of the page -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "wimmat" <wimmat@discussions.micro...

Summarizing Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets. Each worksheet has a list of employees and one of three possible shifts. I would like to create a summary worksheet that has three columns, one for each shift, and the names of all employees that work that shift. Hi could you provide some more detail about your data sheets (some example rows as plain text?) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > I have multiple worksheets. Each worksheet has a list of employees > and one of three possible shifts. I would like to create a summary > worksheet that has three columns, one for each shift,...

Unprotect cells in a worksheet when I have forgotten the password
I have created a worksheet some time ago and protected certain cell within it and gave the worksheet a password in order to edit it. Unfortunately I can no longer remember the password and to save me creating the worksheet again it would be better if there was a way round this or a small program that will remove the password for me. Your help is appreciated. Try this link to John McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the News...

Problem rearranging worksheets
I have Excel 2003 and have a workbook with several worksheets. I am trying to rearrange the worksheets in a different order, but the option to move is greyed out and it will not let me just click and drag either. Any suggestions? The workbook is not protected. Thank you in advance for your help Hi , Does the workbook have any macros in it that are preventing you or did you have any more workbooks open that have/had macros in them that are preventing you. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200908/1 No there are no macros. Thank yo...

Copyrighting an Excel worksheet
I designed a worksheet at work to make my work easier. In a meeting, told that I made myself an excel work sheet. Now everyone would lik to use it. Can I copyright this work sheet so that it can be m creation? If so, how. It's got to be more then to just to put th copyright symbol on the sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As far as the UK is concerned, and possibly other countries, an intellectual property which was created during your employment belong to your company. This can also include any that you create in you spare time. hth Mik -- Message posted fr...

Printing a selected part of worksheet
I know it's possible to highlight a portion of a worksheet and print just that part. That works fine, but I have a super big spreadsheet that has to be broken into several pieces before I can print it. I'd like to make the process more efficient by assigning names to various portions of the spreadsheet. Then, when I would want to print, I could simply tell Excel to print those predesignated portions. But how do I do that? Any help is much appreciated. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MB wrote: > I ...

posting multiple worksheet .xls on webpage
I've run into a slight problem trying to post an excel spreadsheet to a webpage. The spreadsheet has 6 worksheets. I've placed a link to the .xls file in the webpage. If the user clicks on the link (to open the file), he/she only sees the first worksheet. If, however, he/she downloads the file by right-clicking the link and choosing to save the file, the entire file is downloaded, and the user can then see all worksheets. Why is this occurring, and what can I do to change this behavior? Thanks, Steve -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com...

Merging Scenarios
I created a file which I then sent to two people to create best and worst case scenarios for their input cells. All scenario names are unique – we’ve added our initials after the Best Case etc. I have merged the scenarios from the other two people into my file and created a Scenario Pivot Table Report. I am using the pivot table report because it enables me to see the combined impact of the different scenarios, which it does. However, the page fields are showing only the options of All and MyName. I changed the Author field in the file properties to indicate the other people’s n...

Can I merge two money files?
I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change and its owners). So, now our accountant would like to combine the informaiton into one file. Can this be done without me manually entering each transaction? Any help is APPRECIATED!! Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, jrwillden wrote: >I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 >in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change >and its owners). So, now our ac...

Merging Labels #2
Hello, I'm back with the same question. How do you get labels to merge from a database on one sheet? Not individual names on one sheet each? The instructions I have received so far does not work: 1. Under setup page size, create a blank page that is the size of one label. 2. Under Page Setup, select the option "Change Copies per Sheet", Click on "Multiple Copies Per Sheet". I still get multiple labels on one sheet with one name???? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, I'm back with the same question. How do you get labels to merge from >a database...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Editing individual pages when using merge fields
So I am making a catalog of sorts. (Actually it is a Class Reunion book of classmates) I am merging data from a Excel database into the catalog. Each item (Class-member) is to have its own page I have set up a Publisher "form" where I have inserted the merge fields where I would normally want them displayed. My problem is some items in the database do not have all the fields filled in. The Class-members opted to not fill them in. Some will need more pictures inserted and text blocks will need to be moved to accommodate that. So, if I complete a merge and go to a page where I...

Help, 52 Worksheets
I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it. The first work sheet has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc. Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52 spreadsheets individually? You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented across sheets? Sub Number_Increment() Dim myword As String Dim iCtr As Long myword = "Report " For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1") .Value = myword & iCtr ...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Different footer on same worksheet
Is there a way to create different footers on different pages of the SAME worksheet, or do you have to put the information into seperate worksheets and create seperate footers for each? Hi Christina You need a macro to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Christina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22d301c418db$6f004690$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create different footers on different > pages of the SAME worksheet, or do you have to put the > information into...

Worksheet size of two documents
Hi all, I have an excel sheet for entering some collections information. Each day I will create a new file from the previous day file. There will not be any changes in the format or sheet row/column at all, but the size of the file keeps on growing. I don't know why. Can anyone help me out on this. Is there any tool to defrag or compact the excel worksheet. Manoj Hard to say why your workbook is growing but have a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for possible fix and re-size. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed,...

INserting a worksheet from one workbook to another workbook
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets in Excel 2000. Each worksheet relates to a department (these are to do with hours) I want to create 12 different workbooks, one for each department, and have the data from the relative departmental worksheet in the original workbook inserted into the new workbooks. These also, if possible, need to be updated when the user opens them whenever the original user updates the master. I've tried embedding a linked object in the new workbook and selecting the master workbook...but when the user double clicks on the "inserted" worksheet, it op...

Compare and Merge
Is there a workaround for simulating Compare and Merge without having to Share the Workbook tj I'm new to excel, I don't know what 'compare and merge' does and how it would be applicable to my question I need to keep all the sheets together , the work book is saved under a clients name so all staff can find all the relavant details on that client in one place. ...

Autofill worksheets?
Can I fill in a template on one sheet, and have it auto populate cells in other worksheets that are in the same workbook? Maybe using an excel form? Thanks, Dan Hi, If the cells on each sheet are in the same postion - group the sheets. Click the first sheet and Ctrl click each of the other sheet tabs. Remember to ungroup when you're done. Or put formulas in the other sheets that refer to the cells in the first sheet. =Sheet1!A2 -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Chugalug63" wrote: > Can I fill in a template on one sheet, and have it auto populate cells in > othe...

Requirements to merge in a MS Word document
What are the requirements to have a Access database as a source of data to merge in a MS Word document? I have databases that worked fine, but after modifying the database, the query that was the source is not longer visible to Word. Maybe is because I added VBA functions to the query. I don't know. Word to show that was an error shows only two empty fields: M__ and M__1. Greetings from Paraguay. Claudio Bogado Pompa. Yes, you are correct, when using functions, then the queries can't be used directly by word. I have working sample that "gets around" this problem. Try the...

Mail merge type of function??
I'm trying to create invoices in Excel and need to be able to do something similar to a mail merge. Is there a way to do this in Excel? The customer requires the invoice to be in Excel and there are about 400 sites that I don't want to enter the data manually for each one. ...