Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!

Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of
worksheets in a workbook.  I have several worksheets that are formatted the
same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each
spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees.  When I run the
Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st
sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C,
E, F, G, I from the other work sheets.  However, all of the worksheets have
information in columns A thru AA.  I used the following code for a Summary
Sheet by Bernie D...

Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
Dim mySht As Worksheet
Dim myRange As Range

On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

'Data transfer summarization
With Sheets("Sonia G")
   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
End With

For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Lisa P", _
    "Javier B", "Priscilla C", "Michelle T"))
   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
Next mySht
End Sub

I have used several codes today and the result is still the same.  Can
someone please help!  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0
divareed (4)

Your code seemed to run okay for me...

I'd suggest that you get rid of the On Error Resume Next since it only
serves to hide problems from you (if there are any).  Also I think you want
the line near the end to be:

Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(2)

so you get a space between the blocks.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"divareed" <divareed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of
| worksheets in a workbook.  I have several worksheets that are formatted
the
| same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each
| spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees.  When I run the
| Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st
| sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B,
C,
| E, F, G, I from the other work sheets.  However, all of the worksheets
have
| information in columns A thru AA.  I used the following code for a Summary
| Sheet by Bernie D...
|
| Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
| Dim mySht As Worksheet
| Dim myRange As Range
|
| On Error Resume Next
| Application.DisplayAlerts = False
| Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
| Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
| Application.DisplayAlerts = True
|
| 'Data transfer summarization
| With Sheets("Sonia G")
|   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
|   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
|    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
|   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
| End With
|
| For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Lisa P", _
|    "Javier B", "Priscilla C", "Michelle T"))
|   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
|   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
|   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
|   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
| Next mySht
| End Sub
|
| I have used several codes today and the result is still the same.  Can
| someone please help!  Any help is appreciated.
|
| Thanks!

0
jrrech (1933)
10/6/2004 11:30:18 AM
Jim---

Thank you so much for the help.  I got it to work .... There were columns
hidden on some of the spreadsheets so that was throwing everything out of
wack.  Thanks for the suggestion regarding the break between blocks but this
report doesn't require it.

Now I have another problem --- I copied the code for another workbook that
has the same format.  I changed the names to match the worksheets, etc...but
when I run the code it doesn't bring over data from all the sheets, it is
only bringing data from the first sheet and a few others.  This is the code.
Any ideas??

Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
 Dim mySht As Worksheet
 Dim myRange As Range

 On Error Resume Next
 Application.DisplayAlerts = False
 Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
 Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
 Application.DisplayAlerts = True

 'Data transfer summarization
 With Sheets("Cristina R")
   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
 End With

 For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Brenda P", _
    "Estella B", "Isabel F", "Lydia O", "Melanie W", "Melody B", "Nicole R",
"Pat       R", "Selia G", "Sonia M", "Sonya C", "Solheia M", "Sue H",
"Vanessa M", "Velma T", "Vivian P"))
   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)

 Next mySht
 End Sub

Thanks for helping!

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> Your code seemed to run okay for me...
>
> I'd suggest that you get rid of the On Error Resume Next since it only
> serves to hide problems from you (if there are any).  Also I think you want
> the line near the end to be:
>
> Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(2)
>
> so you get a space between the blocks.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "divareed" <divareed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of
> | worksheets in a workbook.  I have several worksheets that are formatted
> the
> | same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each
> | spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees.  When I run the
> | Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st
> | sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B,
> C,
> | E, F, G, I from the other work sheets.  However, all of the worksheets
> have
> | information in columns A thru AA.  I used the following code for a Summary
> | Sheet by Bernie D...
> |
> | Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
> | Dim mySht As Worksheet
> | Dim myRange As Range
> |
> | On Error Resume Next
> | Application.DisplayAlerts = False
> | Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
> | Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
> | Application.DisplayAlerts = True
> |
> | 'Data transfer summarization
> | With Sheets("Sonia G")
> |   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
> |   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
> |    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
> |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
> | End With
> |
> | For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Lisa P", _
> |    "Javier B", "Priscilla C", "Michelle T"))
> |   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
> |   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
> |   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
> |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
> | Next mySht
> | End Sub
> |
> | I have used several codes today and the result is still the same.  Can
> | someone please help!  Any help is appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks!

0
divareed (4)
10/6/2004 5:49:10 PM
Jim thank you so much for your help.  There were columns hidden on some of
the spreadsheets so it was throwing the whole thing out of wack when I would
run the macro.  I fixed it and it is perfect.  Thanks for the suggestion on
seperating blocks but it's not required on this report.

Now I have another problem.  I used the same code for another report that I
have to do for a different team, however the set-up, columns, rows are the
same.  The only thing different is the worksheet names.  I adjusted the code
to compensate for that, but now when I run the macro it is only giving me
data from some of the sheets and not all.  I have attached the code below.  I
removed ther "error resume next" and it highlights the last three rows of the
code under the array part.  Any ideas??

Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
 Dim mySht As Worksheet
 Dim myRange As Range

 "Jim Rech" wrote:

> Your code seemed to run okay for me...
>
> I'd suggest that you get rid of the On Error Resume Next since it only
> serves to hide problems from you (if there are any).  Also I think you want
> the line near the end to be:
>
> Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(2)
>
> so you get a space between the blocks.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "divareed" <divareed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of
> | worksheets in a workbook.  I have several worksheets that are formatted
> the
> | same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each
> | spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees.  When I run the
> | Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st
> | sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B,
> C,
> | E, F, G, I from the other work sheets.  However, all of the worksheets
> have
> | information in columns A thru AA.  I used the following code for a Summary
> | Sheet by Bernie D...
> |
> | Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
> | Dim mySht As Worksheet
> | Dim myRange As Range
> |
> | On Error Resume Next
> | Application.DisplayAlerts = False
> | Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
> | Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
> | Application.DisplayAlerts = True
> |
> | 'Data transfer summarization
> | With Sheets("Sonia G")
> |   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
> |   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
> |    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
> |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
> | End With
> |
> | For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Lisa P", _
> |    "Javier B", "Priscilla C", "Michelle T"))
> |   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
> |   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
> |   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
> |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
> | Next mySht
> | End Sub
> |
> | I have used several codes today and the result is still the same.  Can
> | someone please help!  Any help is appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks!

0
divareed (4)
10/6/2004 5:55:06 PM
May I be so bold as to suggest an improvement?<g>  If (big IF) it's true
that all the employee sheets names end in a space and a character, and no
other sheets end this way, then this macro could be used with any workbook
since it does not require the names of the sheets to be in the macro.

Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
    Dim mySht As Worksheet
    Dim myRange As Range
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
    Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    For Each mySht In Worksheets
        If Right(mySht.Name, 2) Like " ?" Then
            Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
            myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
            myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
            Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
        End If
    Next
    Rows(1).Delete
End Sub

--
> [...]
| > "divareed" <divareed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of
| > | worksheets in a workbook.  I have several worksheets that are
formatted
| > the
| > | same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each
| > | spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees.  When I run
the
| > | Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the
1st
| > | sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A,
B,
| > C,
| > | E, F, G, I from the other work sheets.  However, all of the worksheets
| > have
| > | information in columns A thru AA.  I used the following code for a
| > |
| > | Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
| > | Dim mySht As Worksheet
| > | Dim myRange As Range
| > |
| > | On Error Resume Next
| > | Application.DisplayAlerts = False
| > | Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
| > | Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
| > | Application.DisplayAlerts = True
| > |
| > | 'Data transfer summarization
| > | With Sheets("Sonia G")
| > |   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
| > |   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
| > |    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
| > |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
| > | End With
| > |
| > | For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Lisa P", _
| > |    "Javier B", "Priscilla C", "Michelle T"))
| > |   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
| > |   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
| > |   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
| > |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
| > | Next mySht
| > | End Sub
| > |
| > | I have used several codes today and the result is still the same.  Can
| > | someone please help!  Any help is appreciated.
| > |
| > | Thanks!
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

0
jrrech (1933)
10/6/2004 7:48:20 PM
Ok so if it isn't obvious enough I am new to VBA.  Keep the suggestions
coming -- be as bold as you want.  Now I am getting a debug error on this
part of the code...

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> [...]
> |    "Estella B", "Isabel F", "Lydia O", "Melanie W", "Melody B", "Nicole
> R",
> | "Pat R", "Selia G", "Sonia M", "Sonya C", "Solheia M", "Sue H", "Vanessa
> M",
> | "Velma T", "Vivian P"))
> |   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
> |   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
> |   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
> |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
> |
> | Next mySht
> | End Sub
> |

> | "Jim Rech" wrote:
> |
> | > Your code seemed to run okay for me...
> | >
> | > I'd suggest that you get rid of the On Error Resume Next since it only
> | > serves to hide problems from you (if there are any).  Also I think you
> want
> | > the line near the end to be:
> | >
> | > Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(2)

0
divareed (4)
10/6/2004 8:13:05 PM
>>Now I am getting a debug error

We must trap for when the summary does not exit.  Overlooked that...

 On Error Resume Next  ''In case sheet does not exist
 Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
 ''Turn off error trapping so we know if something else is wrong
 On Error Goto 0

--
| Ok so if it isn't obvious enough I am new to VBA.  Keep the suggestions
| coming -- be as bold as you want.  Now I am getting a debug error on this
| part of the code...
|
| Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| > May I be so bold as to suggest an improvement?<g>  If (big IF) it's true
| > that all the employee sheets names end in a space and a character, and
no
| > other sheets end this way, then this macro could be used with any
workbook
| > since it does not require the names of the sheets to be in the macro.
| >
| > Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
| >     Dim mySht As Worksheet
| >     Dim myRange As Range
| >     Application.DisplayAlerts = False
| >     Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
| >     Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
| >     Application.DisplayAlerts = True
| >     For Each mySht In Worksheets
| >         If Right(mySht.Name, 2) Like " ?" Then
| >             Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
| >             myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
| >             myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
| >             Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
| >         End If
| >     Next
| >     Rows(1).Delete
| > End Sub
| >
| > --
| > Jim Rech
| > Excel MVP
| > "DivaReed" <DivaReed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Jim thank you so much for your help.  There were columns hidden on
some of
| > | the spreadsheets so it was throwing the whole thing out of wack when I
| > would
| > | run the macro.  I fixed it and it is perfect.  Thanks for the
suggestion
| > on
| > | seperating blocks but it's not required on this report.
| > |
| > | Now I have another problem.  I used the same code for another report
that
| > | have to do for a different team, however the set-up, columns, rows are
the
| > | same.  The only thing different is the worksheet names.  I adjusted
the
| > code
| > | to compensate for that, but now when I run the macro it is only giving
me
| > | data from some of the sheets and not all.  I have attached the code
below.
| > | removed ther "error resume next" and it highlights the last three rows
of
| > the
| > | code under the array part.  Any ideas??
| > |
| > | Sub UpdateSummarySheet()
| > | Dim mySht As Worksheet
| > | Dim myRange As Range
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Application.DisplayAlerts = False
| > | Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
| > | Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
| > | Application.DisplayAlerts = True
| > |
| > | 'Data transfer summarization
| > | With Sheets("Cristina R")
| > |   Set myRange = .Range("A1").CurrentRegion
| > |   myRange.Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 1, _
| > |    myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
| > |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A1")
| > | End With
| > |
| > | For Each mySht In Sheets(Array("Brenda P", _
| > |    "Estella B", "Isabel F", "Lydia O", "Melanie W", "Melody B",
"Nicole
| > R",
| > | "Pat R", "Selia G", "Sonia M", "Sonya C", "Solheia M", "Sue H",
"Vanessa
| > M",
| > | "Velma T", "Vivian P"))
| > |   Set myRange = mySht.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
| > |   myRange.Offset(1, 0).Resize(myRange.Rows.Count - 2, _
| > |   myRange.Columns.Count).Copy _
| > |   Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
| > |
| > | Next mySht
| > | End Sub
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "Jim Rech" wrote:
| > |

| > want

| > formatted
| > the
| > 1st
| > B,
| > Summary
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
Can
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

0
jrrech (1933)
10/6/2004 10:16:38 PM
This portion tries to delete any existing sheet named "Summary Sheet", then it
creates a new worksheet with the same name:

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
    Worksheets.Add.Name = "Summary Sheet"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

You could tell your code to ignore the error if "summary sheet" didn't exist--so
it couldn't be deleted:

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    on error resume next
    Worksheets("Summary Sheet").Delete
    on error goto 0

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

vba charting question
Suppose I have three range objects, call them XRange, DataRange and DataLabelsRange. - XRange is a series of months, e.g. Jan 2005, Feb 2005 ... etc. - DataRange contains several series of data for each month. For example data for North Sales, South Sales, etc. - DataLabelsRange contains the actual labels "North Sales", "South Sales", etc. The goal is use VBA to create a chart from this ranges with the months on the x axis, lines for each of the series on the y axis, and a legend labeling the lines for you. Pretty simple, no? But after goofing around with the seriesc...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

UPC Bar Codes
I am trying to print UPC codes in both my software and a client's RMS software and the UPC-A bar code is listed, but will not display when you select it nor will it print. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks, Jim T. jim_tingley@yahoo.com Your look up code may not meet the UPC requirements - for instance does it include an Alpha character? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Blank Worksheets

canadian postal code
Hi I need help! I want to have a personnal cells form for canadian postal code. Is anybody can help me? The format is G1H 5J8 (Majletter+number+Majletter+space+number+Majletter+number) Thank you Hello, Excel allows for the formatting of numeric data (number and dates/times) but not text. It A1 contains the postal code then in B1 enter =Left(A1,3)&" "&RIGHT(A1,3) to get ANA ANA You can now use Copy followed by paste Special to convert the formulas to values thus allowing you to delete column A Hope this helps -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in ...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Very Urgent VBA Procedure
I have 2 files: 1 - I have to look up the value of row C3 - to populate row D3 in file Workbook(Billable Jobs)Sheet(Header-Partners)- in file VBAP row D3 if and only if C3 in file VBAP is: SP 2 I have to look up the value of C3 - to populate row J3 in file Workbook(Billable Jobs)Sheet(Header-Partners)- in file VBAP row D3 if and only if C3 in file VBAP is: PY File Workbook(Billable Jobs)Sheet(Header-Partners) C D J 10000000 10000001 File VBPA A B C D 10000000 0 SP 10000073 10000000 0 BP 10000073 10000000 0 PY 30000031 10000000 0 SH 10000073 10000000 0 ZA 10000000 0 ZD 1...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Merging .pst files
Over the last couple of years I have been working from both a desktop and a laptop computer when travelling (both running XP but with Outlook 2007 and 2003, respectively; but I'm told that shouldn't have any impact as they use the same type of .pst file system). I have copied outlook,pst files from one to another to ensure I'm always working with a current file. However, during those years, I have not always understood how to manage that process. Fortunately, I've always saved the old .pst file in case I screw something up. Well, I have screwed something up....

Bypass hyperlink prompt in VBA?
Am having a bit of a problem with the following line of VBA code activated from a command button on a form I've designed in Access 2007: Application.FollowHyperlink Me.DocumentFilePath This works fine when the file being opened is a PDF, Excel file, Word document, etc. But when the file to be opened is a saved e-mail message (.msg file), a prompt always pops up: "Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer... It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file?" Any e-mail ...

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

HTML Code Fragments
I am using simple html code fragments in my e-newsletter. They are just table of contents that link to coorelated parts of the page. I am distrubiting this newletter in the body of an email. When i do a webpage preview it works fine. However, when i try to send it.....neither yahoo mail or my outlook account wil recognize the code fragments. They recognize the first part (the table of contents code)but will not even display the anchors. When i click the table of contents links nothing happens. Any idea why??? Thanks cmichaud@ufl.edu wrote: > I am using simple html code fragments in...

How to change my Office Product Code???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3244985648_96912274 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Ok, I have an iMac and a PowerBook each with the same license of Office 2004 for Mac. They have up till now been used only by me and never at the same time. I am now hiring an employee to use my PowerBook alongside me and we�ll both be using office at the same time. SO my license will not work, yet I don�t want to lose all of the emails, add...

Code pour suppression module
Bonsoir tout le monde. Pour des besoins de maintenance d'une petite appli qui tourne sous Excel j'aimerais pouvoir par code supprimer un module et le remplacer par un autre. Es ce possible???? Par avance merci pour votre aide. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "tip.tiptop" <tip.tiptop@free.fr> wrote in message news:4419d838$0$20837$636a55ce@news.free.fr... > Bonsoir tout le monde. > Pour des besoins de maintenance d'une petite appli qui tourne sous Excel j'aimerais pouvoir par code supprimer un module et le >...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...