Merging Workbooks #3

Hi all

I have a workbook ( Master.xls ) which contains a list of parts i
column A

I reveive a new list of parts ( NewDoc.Xls ) once a month which ma
contain some of the parts on Master.xls and will contain some ne
ones.

I am looking for a way to add the Newdoc.xls to Master.xls but not t
include any parts that are duplicated, but to highlight them instead.

Not sure this is possible ?

Any ideas

Thanks

Davi

--
DB10
DB100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=917

Hi

it's worth having a read of Chip Pearson's site on duplicates for situations
like this
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Cheers
julieD

"DB100" <DB100.1frgl9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hi all
>
> I have a workbook ( Master.xls ) which contains a list of parts in
> column A
>
> I reveive a new list of parts ( NewDoc.Xls ) once a month which may
> contain some of the parts on Master.xls and will contain some new
> ones.
>
> I am looking for a way to add the Newdoc.xls to Master.xls but not to
> include any parts that are duplicated, but to highlight them instead.
>
> Not sure this is possible ?
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
>
> David
>

> --
> DB100
> DB100's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9176
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278252

0
JulieD1 (2295)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Save Workbook Under Custom Name
I have came across assistance to save a workbook using a macro which will save a workbook with a name typed in a specific cell. It works nicely, but I want to specify also the path and sub-directory in which the file must be saved. I have used the following code ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("Name").Value The contents in Range "Name" will be the file name, but it will safe the workbook under the new name in the same directory in which the master file is allocated. Once I am able to specify the path, I want to expand my macro to clear all ranges as well, then the master wi...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Formula Help! #3
Hi, I need to transform a date to week date , for example: 10/11/05 to Tuesday Is there any formula can do this transform? Thanks in advance -- Meme Hi! Try this: A1 = 10/11/2005 =TEXT(A1,"dddd") This returns a TEXT value = Tuesday OR, you could just format the cell, A1, as dddd. This retains it's numeric value but will display as Tuesday. Biff "Meme" <Meme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64B1FB51-4EC0-42DC-97B9-B788A9586811@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to transform a date to week date , for example: > 10/11/05 ...

Problems with Outlook 2003 #3
Hi! I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. When replying to an email or writing a new one, he starts typing then goes to use another app and comes back to finish his email. He sends it and the receiver only gets what he typed at first, not the stuff from his second time. Also he gets emails with .GIF attachments that he cannot see. He only sees it when clicking on reply, it appears suddenly as an attachment. Any clues? PMD Pascal M. Dorion <pmdorion@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. &g...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Unprotect a Shared Workbook
I wish to share a spreadsheet on a LAN drive. I foolishly assigned a password so that only the responsible parties could open it. Now, when I try to open a cell to make changes, I receive a message telling me to unprotect the sheet. But, in REVIEW > CHANGES, that option is greyed out. HELP. DOUG ECKERT 18 Mar 10 If the workbook is shared you must unshare before you can unprotect -- grizz "DOUG" wrote: > I wish to share a spreadsheet on a LAN drive. I foolishly assigned a > password so that only the responsible parties could open it. Now, when ...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Cannot view cells that contain 3 or more digit numbers
Every time I try to copy and paste data that contains 3-digit numbers o more, I cannot view the numbers on the spreadsheet. However, If I try to type in 3-digit numbers and one letter in tha cell, I can view it. How do I eliminate this feature, so that I can view numbers-only dat in cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what do you mean with 'cannot view'. How are these pasted numbers displayed (please give an example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jon Purgason >" <<Jon.Purgason.14dzf0@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im ...

Gather data from several workbooks.
Hello all, I know this is probably an easy fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. I've copied the two Macro's in question at the bottom of this email. I have a number of (Source) spreadsheets/workbooks and they all have a tab called "today". I have a separate (Destination) spreadsheet/workbook with a macro (primarily written by Nikos Yannacopoulos from this newsgroup) called Process_All_Workbooks. That spreadsheet/workbook is called "Update". The Process_All_Workbooks Macro will call another macro and run it on all spreadsheets/workbooks in a folder ...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Concatenate #3
Dear All, there is anyway with concatenate, when i am choosing a text to format specific characters of this format? eg A1 -- Actual A2 -- 2003 B3 -- to ask "Act 2003" Thanks in advance, Manos Manos, Truncating can only be done with string functions, for example =LEFT(A1,3) & " " & A2 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Manos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ece01c3fc40$0302fda0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All, ...

Creating a simple workbook in 2007
Wanting to create a simple workbook to record the inventory of items. 1st worksheet name In 2nd worksheet name out 3rd worksheet name shelf On #1 the item would be entered when it arrives and then show on #3 When the item is sent out it would be entered in worksheet #2 and again be reflected in total on #3 Is this maybe something that can be done using forms for the in and out items so others can enter information in a form and have the totals show on #3? Link to a tutorial on this would assist greatly TIA Hi Start here: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html HTH. Best wishes Haral...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Programmatically sales process crm 3.0
hi he is it possibel createing sales process through program bacuse i need to insert some condition in the sales stage so i am not able to use workflow manager any one is implemented please help me out Sorry I can't help but to suggest looking at CRM 4 which does offer just that. The CRM 3 seperation between work rules and sales process is very restrictive but they are merged in CRM 4.0 "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E23C825F-DF58-4685-80F5-A680A0C0B0C4@microsoft.com... > hi > he is it possibel createing sales process through ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

check box size #3
Is there a way to change the size of a checkbox? I am working in a spreadsheet that will not allow me to change the size of the box itself. Thanks as always for your help! Mark You could cheat, and use a label. >From the control toolbox, draw a label and set its BorderStyle to 1 - fmBorderStyleSingle. Set its font to Wingdings and set its font size to whatever best fits inside the label. Give the label the following code in VBA: Private Sub Label1_Click() If Label1.Caption =3D "=FC" Then Label1.Caption =3D "" Else Label1.Caption =3D "=FC" End If E...

ecm2001 v5.3 winols shoemaster wilcom bentley amiable xshowsoft 306634772000014
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = xshowsoft@gmail.com email = xshowsoft at gmail.com If you have some protected program, and want to crack it, we can help you! Ecm2001 v5.3 professional, all checksums enabled download Kess v4 all family enabled download WinOls 1.38 download crack wilcom 2006 full HMI/SCADA System Zenon Software for Industrial Automation emulator SHOEMASTER v3.04 all modules download Victor EAT Designscope 2.05 all modules...

Workbook hanging Excel
I have workbook that was working fine when I saved it an hour ago but when I try to open it, excel hangs. It is not particularly complicated. A bunch of detailed numbers being subtotaled in about 12 sheets. No links, no external references, no complex formulas. Even the formatting is bland. I was able to "open" it in MS-Access and import the tables... so it seems to be OK overall - but I really need to get it back in Excel with all the hours of formatting and polishing I did. Any clues ? Thanks, When you say it is hanging, do you mean it will open but just takes a long ti...

Inserting pictures #3
I've been using publisher for over 8 years, and recently the version on my laptop stopped inserting pictures.. all I have is an empty box. I can go into the graphics manager and it shows its there big as life, but not in my publication. Any ideas? RC Have you made *any* changes to your system recently? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "rcmedia" <rcmedia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95A52C14-5615-4923-B6DC-9A2811D3D6EA@microsoft.com... > I've been using publisher fo...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...