Merge Cells #5

I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1,  but can someone tell me
how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell.  I'm merging a
part number and description, and need spacing between them.
0
Stevens (10)

Use
=A1&" "&B1

the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a
space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc.

"R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1,  but can someone tell
me
> how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell.  I'm merging a
> part number and description, and need spacing between them.

0
daverx (100)
12/15/2004 9:29:04 PM
Hi
=A1 & " " & B1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1,  but can someone tell
>me
> how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell.  I'm merging a
> part number and description, and need spacing between them.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Adding cells in one column based on a sequence in another
Hello, I have a column of 1000+ rows, each row containing a 1 or 0. I am trying to find a formula that locates the cell range of the largest sequence of ones and use that range to sum the same rows in another column. The largest sequence of 1's may occur a number of times. For example, column C may contain: ...011011110100111100... The largest sequence is four 1's but it occurs twice. I'd like to sum the corresponding rows (for 1111) in column G and present the largest value of the 2 occurances. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance. David This is very complicated. ...

Have user input converted to uppercase in same cell as input?
Hi all Noob Alert! Very new to spreadsheets! I have a simple form that requires data selected from a text description to be entered in a cell to give us a special product code. The code is upper case in the description but ppl are entering it in lower case, I need to convert the entry to uppercase to match our entry system, but I need a function to convert and display the converted text in the original cell. I looked at =UPPER function but that displays converted text elsewhere, if I use it in the same cell as input I want converted I get the circular error msg. Can someone perhaps ...

Email merge: attachment?
I'm trying to send an email merge with two attached documents from Outlook xp. I can't figure out how to attach the documents - is it possible? Not possible. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00af01c3b30c$8421c150$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send an email merge with two attached > documents from Outlook xp. I can't figure out how to > attach the documents - is it possible? ...

Nested formular to give a word answer based on 2 cells
I have a s/s which I want to produce a statement based on 2 cells G170 is a cell that contails a sum (if cells above are filled it it will add them up) I170 contains a cost if G170 & i170 are blank then do nothing If G170 is greater than 0 and I170 is greater than 0 then again do nothing but if G170 is greater than 0 and I170 is = < 0 then "No Charge Made" Can anyone help all I get is FALSE I have tried =if(g170<=0, and (i170=<0,No Charge made","")) Hi, =IF(AND(G170="",I170=""),"",IF(AND(G170>0,I170...

Mail merge from Outlook 2002
I have set up a signature in Outlook 2002 which I use whenever I send an email. What I now want to do is a "mass email" to attendees on a course using this standard email. However, the list that I'm using is held in Excel, not the contacts list within Outlook. Is there an easy way to do this email merge? I've tried from within word, but it never seems to work quite right. Thanks Colin Foster Hi, An easy method would be to import the contacts from Excel into Outlook and then proceed further. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Colin Foster" <col...

Problems with Opening Mail Merge from Word
I'm trying to open a mail merge document I saved and when I try it freezes up. It begins to open and then opens a blank Excel spreadsheet and lists the following message along the status bar: "Waiting for Microsoft Excel to accept DDE Commands" Not sure what is going on and what I can do to fix this. The information in the following threads may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=1f2c01c2ef17%246f4d2c10%24a301280a%40phx.gbl http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=OP%24GmbnDDHA.392%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl Mario wrote: > I'm trying to open a m...

publisher Mail Merge--Importing Excel File
When using Publisher 2002 and Excel 2002, and Publisher Mail Merge feature, whenever I choose the desired Excel Data :Base file, I am led to a screen headed SELECT TABLE. There I have to select from two separate tables. One is listed as Database Table The other is listed as NYLIST05$ Table What is the difference between the two tables? best, Aaron ...

Create a cell with only PART of another cells data
I have a column (D) with the following formatted data 0908-1234 0208-0691 0903-0256 I want to create a cell (column) that ONLY contains the last 4 digits 1234 0691 0256 Can some one please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4443 (20090921) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Try this: =3DRIGHT(D1,4) assuming the data starts on row 1. If you want it as a number, then you can do this: =3DRIGHT(D1,4)*1 Copy down as required. Hope this helps....

Exchange 5.5 and priv.edb growing fast
Hi, We have the following problem. Our priv.edb file is growing very fast (for the moment he is 13Gb), we now the problem, we send out an e-mail to 200 customers (invitation) and some of the emails came on unpatched exchange servers of one of our customers (something to do with "if more than 50 CC adressess are filled in" the unpathced server goes nuts and starts sending and sending in an endless loop) Meanwhile the customer has resolved his problem and the sending has stopped. But we now recieve the "bounced" mails by the thousands. The "bounced" mails...

How do I edit directly in a cell
In earlier versions pressing F2 enabled editing directly in a cell. How do I do this in 2007 Office Button > Excel Options > Advanced > Allow editing directly in cells Then F2 will work as desired. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Pweter" wrote: > In earlier versions pressing F2 enabled editing directly in a cell. How do I > do this in 2007 The shortcut-key remains same for XL2007 -- Jacob "Pweter" wrote: > In earlier versions pressing F2 enabled editing directly in a cell. How do I > do this in 2007 ...

When entering data into excel spreadsheet cell, the page just jump
I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet "jumps", am unable to enter any data. What have I done wrong? If you are making entries using the numeric keypad, it sounds like you turned your Num Lock off. Try pressing NUM LOCK (there should be alight that comes on above it when you do) & try again. HTH|:>) "jodj" wrote: > I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click > on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet &qu...

cell color does not show
When I fill a cell with color the color does not show on my worksheet but when I change to print preview I can see the color. How can I fix this? If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 mickid wrote: > When I fill a cell with color the color does not show on > my worksheet but when I change to print preview I can see > the color. How can I fix this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FA...

New Exchange Server #5
I have deployed 2 new exchange servers in my Enterprise. both are Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k3 RC2. One is a BE (Server B) and the other is a FE (Server C) hosting OWA and RPC over HTTP, working as advertised. These servers are in Administrative Group A which also host an Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k, well call it server A. Server A is the only Internet Gateway for our Enterprise the Routing Group Master and connector for B, C and D routing (Administrative) groups. I need to decommission Server A and move its duties to Servers B and C. Any recommendations will ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Help #2
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector. Thank You leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather >than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is >off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with >internet mail connector. > >Thank You Out Of Office messages are c...

Locking Named Cells
Lads, I have a lot of named cells in a workbook. Can I lock the name of th cells but allow users to change the data in them? I do not want them to be able to change the cell names becuase o references to them elsewhere in the workbooks. Lia -- wjoc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wjoc1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47473 Are you sure that the users are changing the names? Maybe they're just adding another name for that range...

Upgrading Office v. X SR 1 to 10.1.5
I run a PB G4 12" with MAC OS 10.3.5. The other day I removed, reinstalled and updated (10.1.2/4/5) Office v. X SR 1 according to the protocol suggested at <http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/RemoveReinstall.htm>. Everything worked out fine and the file "Microsoft Component Plugin" in the folder Applications/MS Office X/Office now displays "Version 10.1.5". If I open an application (e.g. Word), though, and click via the menue bar to "Word/about Word" to the pop-up dialoge there the information hasn�t been updated. It remains as "MS Word X for MAC Ser...

Compare cells (advanced)
Hi there. I need to find a smart solution for comparing cells in an Excel file. To make a long story short, we usually receive excel sheets with thousands of rows. From a certain data there we make our own extraction from our database and put that in the same sheet, next to the other data. Then we need to compare some data, to make sure that it is correct. Lets say that we are comparing names. The problem is that VERY often the two cells containing the names are not _exactly_ the same. There might for example be one letter misspelled in one of the cells e.g. (Mike Brown/Mike Bruwn) or in one ...

Cell formating
How do I format a cell such that I see a number say 40000000.00 as 4,00,00,000.00 ? -- IndianGuru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IndianGuru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469097 Click Format then Cells. Select the Number tab. Click on Custom in the category box and in the Type box type #,###.00 "IndianGuru" <IndianGuru.1vngya_1127207106.465@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:IndianGuru.1vngya_11272...

converting general cells format to text
I'm having a hard time converting already existing general cells into text format. I'm trying to change it into text format so SAS will be able to recognize it. Without the "green indicator", SAS, for some reason, will treat it as a "general" cell even though I've saved it and changed the cells into text. Any suggestions? Sometimes when you type a number into a cell and then change the format to text, it does not "set in" imediately. Hit F2 and then enter on each cell and it should change it for you. Hope this helps. "junkgrrl" wrot...

554 5.7.1 Rejected
Can anyone assist with this message? This occurs with a few e-mail messages sent out You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <xxx.xxx.xxx #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Rejected xx.xx.xx.xx found in safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net> Thanks Simon Hi, You're listed on SORBS. Sorbs is a blacklist http://www.sorbs.net/ You will have to contact them or check their site to see the reasons you were added, and to ask to be removed. Oliver Hello again Oliver! Thanks for your reply i shall investigate further Regard...

Naming sheets from a cell value
Hi there, Thanks for reading my question. Is it possible to name a sheet from a cell value with in the sheet? i.e. I have 12 sheets, each sheet represents a month and the month value is in cell A1. Can I rename a sheet by refering to cell A1 instead of manually renaming the sheets to January, February etc. Many thanks Tony See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/events/sheetnamefromcell.html In article <127785E3-01B4-49B1-9966-8D79F795EFA4@microsoft.com>, "Tony4X4" <Tony4X4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > Thanks for reading my question. >...

Exchange 5.5 User Permissions
Hi, Hope someone can help with this one as I'm in no way an Exchange expert. We have approx 200 users on our mail server and we want to restrict most users so that they can only send mail to supervisors and managers. What would be the easiest way to achieve this?. Thanks in anticipation Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0153_01C3BA47.8704F800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You will want to use the Delivery Restrictions page of the mailbox = properties to allow or reject sen...

Different beginning cell each time for same macro
I would like my macro to begin in a different cell that I select each time and then have the first step of the macro select the 12 cells immediately to the right of the cell I select each time. Currently my macro runs perfectly except that the macro will only begin in the exact same cell every time the marco is run. This means that the same 13 cells are used by the macro every time. Where as I need the marco to begin in a different cell that I more or less randomly select and then the macro should select the 12 cells immediately to the right of that cell. I know someone out there...

Old copy of Money v.5
Hmm, more an ethical question. I found someone's backup copy of Ms Money v.5. I do not own the original. I have an old computer. According to the lifecycle page, this will work on my system but is not sold anymore, or supported anymore. Am I allowed to install it? The legal and ethical answer is almost certainly no. The practical answer is that probably nobody cares if you install M97. "JigPig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140c01c4ac3b$4cf06f50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hmm, more an ethical question. I found someone's backup &...

Freezing cells #4
I have some cells with numbers that rely on formulas with random numbers. Is there a way to save those values and make the cells independent of the formulas used to make them so that they do not continue to recalculate every time I type something? You can convert them into numbers. Copy the cells with the formulas. Then choose Paste Special on the Edit menu. Click Values and click OK. -- tj "Qban" wrote: > I have some cells with numbers that rely on formulas with random numbers. Is > there a way to save those values and make the cells independent of the > formul...