Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

Hi!

Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu
items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to
be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any
more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

0
Michael

Michael,

This question was raised a few days back, in this thread
http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you
could try him for.

--

HTH

RP

"Michael Hoffmann" <m.hoffmann AT compar.cc> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some
extra menu
> items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the
macro to
> be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
> Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not
available any
> more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/7/2005 11:38:40 AM
I don't know what Windsurfer's solution is but, for the future, the way to
go may be to delete the XL95 menuitems and use XL97's+ Commandbars object to
build the menuitems when the workbook is opened.

For deleting the old menus you can try the RemoveMenus download from Stephen
Bullen's site:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Michael Hoffmann" <m.hoffmann AT compar.cc> wrote in message
| Hi!
|
| Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some
extra menu
| items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the
macro to
| be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
| Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not
available any
| more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Michael.

0
jrrech (1933)

Version History
How can I keep a record of the version history of a document in Excel such as on another worksheet? Hi can you give some more details: - what kind of version history do you want - manual or automatic history - where should this history be stored Ideally give us a short example :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rayscar wrote: > How can I keep a record of the version history of a document in Excel > such as on another worksheet? I have a schedule for 80 people on a worksheet. It is send out periodically by email. Employees need to know they have today's most currr...

Serialized items sales question
Is there any way to prevent the sale of serialized items when a customer is not associated with the invoice? ...

Menu
The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get it back please. Trying Tools\Customize does not seem to do it since the Built in menu option as missing from there. Office 2003 Pro with SP1. -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. Problem solved with Repair -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:O1xL0w7LFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get > it back please. T...

"recover deleted items" question
I have my deleted items set to 7 days server side & and in client outlook 2003 I have registry "DumpsterAlwaysOn" set to 1. How can I make it where users cannot delete the stuff in recover deleted items? I don't think that is supported. If you want everything saved, then implement message journaling. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mostro" <oveloz@glasfloss.com> wrote in message news:devj5j$c2v$1@newsdbm02.news.prodigy.com... >I have my deleted items set to 7 days server side & and ...

Logical Statement on a SwitchBoard Menu.
Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switchboard menu. Example: Check if user is authorized to access that switchboard menu. Thank Ileana Yes but you would have to do that as part of the switchboard form not any part of the switchboard itself. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "iholder" <iholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B318-845E-481E-B719-20D00B7190CE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switc...

Item Type
How do I change an Item type? You can change between sales/inventory and discontinued as needed by going to the item card. If you need anything other than that then you have to do it through SQL -- Jim@TurboChef "rcr" wrote: > How do I change an Item type? Jim, We have some items that were set up with the type of Sales Inventory that should have been set up with the type of Misc Services. Can I just run a SQL update statement on the IV00101 table and change the type field? That should do it, right? "Jim@TurboChef" wrote: > You can change between sale...

Assigning values to a Validation Menu
I'm trying to do this thing on Excel where I have a list of values tha are being summed at the bottom of the page. Thats not a problem. Th problem I'm having is that one of the cells is a pull down lis (Validation) and I need to set it up so each of the choices (eg. A-1 B-2,...) has a specific value associated with it that will be added i with the rest of the sum. Anyone know how I can do this -- AlwaysAAnge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlwaysAAngel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2728 View this...

Moving Contact Menu Items on the ISV file
I need help configuring the isv.config file to change the order of menu items on the contacts screen. I've seen the posts on how it remove items but I can't seem to move items on the menu. Thanks, Scott ...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. My GP version is 9.0 I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); Is it right way to add new menu item under existing GP menu or any other way to add menu item? I had tried also other way : menu_tag = Command_GetTag(command CL_...

mail doesn't go to sent items folder
I have the problem that mails don't get copied into the sent items folder although Outlook is configured right as far as I see. It only happens on two installations of Outlook 2002 (BETA!?! , which obviously should have been replaced a long time ago) ...

Unable to use the back/forward buttons in the OPEN menu
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Previously I was able to ask the program to 'open' and then go back/forward through the folders to get to the next location as needed. Now I have to start over every time. The back and forward buttons are alway gray and the address bar is blank if I try to pull it down. Getting tired of having to use the Nav panel and start over every time.... Any ideas? Thanks! ...

This Idenity can not be opened with this version of Entourage message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I had to re-install MS office and now this is the meassage I receive from Entourage at open, What do I do? Make sure you apply all the updates by clicking on Help>Check for Updates. Your Entourage database was modified by a more recent version of Entourage and cannot be read by an earlier version. On 05/01/10 16:49, EmilyE@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email > Client: pop I had to re-install MS office and now this is the meassage I &g...

Adding Contact Name Repeatedly
I have added a contact name and I keep having to add it over and over again, what is the problem I won't be of any help, but thought I would join the thread as the same thing is happening to me, but with three different addresses. Are you using Norton Utilities??? Maybe WINSTON will come on here and clue us in!!! "Lindsay's Home" wrote: > I have added a contact name and I keep having to add it over and over again, > what is the problem Using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live in WLM ? If so... Close WLM, open IE and logon to Windows Live(using t...

Activation For a trial version for publisher
I have purchased a trial version for publisher 2003. However when i try to activate the software it keeps telling me the product key entered is not valid. I am using the product key that was on the back of the CD case I have even tried to install and reinstall many times, nothing works please help There is a phone number on the activation screen, use it and explain... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Salima" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024d01c533ea$3ebdd800$a601280a...

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

RMS1.x Kit Item
Please help. I have 3 items which are sold individually and combined as a kit at the time of sale. How do I set them up so that the quantity of stock is updated when an item is sold individually or as a part of a kit. It is not practical in this situation to make the kits ahead of time. We are using version 1.x of RMS. Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C85DFF.5E037E30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable jaguarsd1, Look at Assemblies instead. http://tinyurl.com/yss9rm Must h...

Do I really have to use keyboard Shortcuts to do things that used to be on the Menu?
I have run into issues using Word 2007 that need to be on the Wish list for a new Word. 1) There a many things I cannot do any more using menus (the mouse). For example, Insert field. For example I am expected to learn Alt Shift O to insert a TC entry. Please can we have the Insert Field menu back - more to the point, I should NEVER HAVE TO LEARN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS. PLEASE!!!! It took me 45 minutes to discover there was no obvious way of doing it with a mouse! 2) I can no longer toggle formatting marks on and off on the fly: this is a vital method of figuring out what idiotic t...

Adding/Updating a record in an SQL Server table using ODBC
Hi, This is a beginner's question. I tried to write an MFC aplication using SQL Server database as the back-end. I'm able to retrieve data from the required table but i'm unable to add/update records in the table as i'm getting a "Recordset read-only" error. What should I do? Is it required to add additional code to make it work? Please reply asap as this is part of my final year college project and time is running out. Thanks, Satish. check you have a primary key on the table. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Problems deleting from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders
Hi, Cannot delete certain messages from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders. Why is that and how can I overcome this please? -- Kind regards, ColUCol How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "colucol" <colucol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:871EFF7F-09F0-485A-9CD7-71330D792E1E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can...

Multiple tasks and calendar items
When I open Outlook I come to the Today page. At first, it looks normal. But when the program is finished loading completely, it changes the tasks and calndar parts of the screen and shows hundreds of occurences of each item. That is, it tells me to buy milk 200 times or so! What is this? Why does it happen? My Outlook has always behaved normally and I have not made any system or program updates before this happens. Could the installation of a completely different program have caused this? Or the addition of more hardware? I have expanded the memory in my Dell Inspiron 500M with the r...

Historical stock status with standard cost items
We use standard costing, but when we print a historical stock status report it picks up the current cost for items rather than the standard that was in effect at the date selected for the report. We're on 8.0, sp4a. I've seen different posts and KB articles that seem to indicate that this problem has been corrected. Is anyone seeing similar results? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_40FF6C62 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! The cost that will be printed on the historical ...

How can I show the name of the file on top of the Main Menu Bar
How can I show the name of the spreadsheet -after Microsoft Excel- ( on top of the Main Menu Bar). Thanks a lot in advance. Humberto Right-click the Menu bar>Customize>Commands-tab>Web>Address ...drag this to the Menu bar. HTH Sige Humberto wrote: > How can I show the name of the spreadsheet -after Microsoft Excel- ( on top > of the Main Menu Bar). > Thanks a lot in advance. > Humberto Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) App.Caption = "Microsoft Excel - " &...

Start Menu
Morning, Can anyone tell me how to turn off the adaptive menus on the start menu. I am running XP SP3, classic mode. To clarify I have already turned off these menus in all applications its just on the Start Menu that I am having the issue. Thanks in advance Mike "Miketsw" <Miketsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CFC5DCD-26F0-407C-A11C-C319F44C6927@microsoft.com... > Morning, > > Can anyone tell me how to turn off the adaptive menus on the start > menu. I > am running XP SP3, classic mode. > > To clarify I ha...

Adding CAGR line to Column Chart
I am wanting to create a column bar chart that shows both Revenue and EBITDA. Above both sections I would like a CAGR line to show Displaying the growth percentage. Any hell is greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

adding name /creating field/query?