Maximum number of worksheet tabs?

Anyone know the maximum number of worksheet tabs (don't feel like trying by trial and error)?
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi Ryan

The maximum number of sheets in a workbook is limited by available memory.
The max number of sheets that can, by default, be in a newly created
workbook is 255

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5DE29A8-1AC0-4094-AA83-9FDCF383F615@microsoft.com...
> Anyone know the maximum number of worksheet tabs (don't feel like trying by trial and error)?

0
rondebruin (3789)
1/6/2004 5:23:45 PM
Ryan,

This is a previous post from Charles Williams, it must be more than you need

The maximum number of worksheets that you can create by using
Tools--Options-->General-->Sheets in New Workbook is 255 in Excel2002, which
is the same as in Excel2000.

NOTE that after you have created a workbook with 255 sheets you can go on
adding lots more, either manually or using VBA (this is also the same as
with Excel2000)

I am sure there is a limit but in practical terms its several thousand or
tens of thousand... my personal record is over 20000 sheets before I got
bored.

The real limits are Excel memory and filesize.

(ignoring the Excel 97 VBE limit of about 800 sheets).
hth
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site
www.DecisionModels.com

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the maximum number of worksheet tabs (don't feel like trying
by trial and error)?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

how can I mark the maximum point on x-y graph
in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy MAJ-BEHNAM wrote: > in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Open Excel worksheet from web page.
I have an excel 2000 worksheet with extensive VBA code. I can open the worksheet in Excel 2000 and Excel 97 without any problems (the code was written in Excel 2000 VBA but works in both versions of Excel). The worksheet is located on a server on a LAN. However, when I try calling it from a web page, it seems to give varying results. I have tried several methods of calling the worksheet. a) Using ASP and CreateObject("Excel.Application") and then using this objects Open method to open the required workbook. This works OK if Excel 2000 installed on client but gives run time erro...

Account number change
Sorry for the repeat, but I'm still having trouble with this. My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of duplicate accounts for that bank. Fine...I merge duplicate accounts and everything should be fine, right? The next time money updates, it creates ANOTHER set of duplicate accounts that have no transactions in them. If I merge again, I can't see all my old transactions anymore. How do I correct this? In microsoft.public.money, Banjolicious wrote: >Sorry for the repeat, but I'm still ha...

Deleting HTML form elements from worksheet
I posted this to the Excel forum on UtterAccess already since I happene to already be there, forgive the "crossposting". I'm wondering if anyone knows how to delete HTML form elements when yo copy and paste from an HTML page into Excel? I see them if I add a watch in VB for "Application.Sheets.Item1" (fo the first sheet) listed as things like HTMLCheckbox1, HTMLOption1 HTMLSelect1, HTMLSubmit1 (or 2 or 3 if there are multiple, etc). I can see them in the application.sheets list, but I can't select the on an actual sheet and just delete them. Deleting the cell...

Sorting in multiple worksheets
I'm having a few issues sorting rows in multiple worksheets. I have 6 worksheets with Names in one column and employee numbers in another. I have these linked throughout all six worksheets. When I sort the rows in my worksheet A it sorts the linked cells brillantly throughout the rest of the worksheets. However, I have data in the worksheets B-E that relates to the specific employees name in the row. When I sort the related data does not stay with the specific employee's row in worksheets B-E. Any ideas? If you select all columns before doing the sort, all data will ...

Maximum number of recipients
For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to? Thanks, Robert Your ISP is the determining factor, not Outlook. Most limit from 25 to 50 for residential accounts and up to 150 for commercial accounts. "Robert Ramin" <rramin@swcsx.com> wrote in message news:eCWbWuPiGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that > a message can be sent to? > > Thanks, > Robert > ...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

Universal Worksheet Changes
I have a workbook that has several identical worksheets that update to one master sheet. If I want to change a formula or make a chance in the worksheet is there any way I can make the change universally in all worksheets instead of doing it to each individual sheet? Thanks! If you group the sheets all changes done in one sheet will be done in the other sheets as well, just remember to ungroup the sheets when you are done -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dick Bell" <dick@bellfb.com> wrote in message news:evtDj8OjHHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a workbook th...

Asian Language change in Excel tabs and worksheets
A file that I created has been changed somehow. It now has both US English and what looks like some sort of Asian. It has also changed what is shown in the font type to some strange symbol type. 楲污††† Any ideas how this could happen, and how I can fix my file. It has infected both sheet data and tab names. Ryan Couple of things to look at. Tools>Options>General>Standard Font Format>Style>Normal Other than those two??? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:03 -0800, "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A file that I created has ...

Document numbering in Excel
Please help! I need to know how to put in a formula for the follwing. I created delivery notes on Excel. In the one cell I need to put a formula in order to bring up a new page number for every new delivery note I do. This I must do the same for collection notes and invoices. I need this really urgently. Thank you so much. -- Rykie Botha Hi, look into McGimpsey web http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html if this helps please click yes thanks "Rykie" wrote: > Please help! I need to know how to put in a formula for the follwing. ...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

averaging numbers #2
Using Excel 2007 I need to average numbers. The numbers are in the same rows _but_ not in consecutive columns. The problem I am trying to get around is that in some rows, some cells are blank (do not contain a number) and I therefore do not want them included in the calculations even though the formula includes them. How does "=AVERAGE" handle blank cells? Do I have to do anything special to make XL ignore the blank cells when averaging the numbers? Thank you. Jeff AVERAGE ignores blank cells. Suppose you have 2 in A1, A2 is empty and A3 contains 4, then: =3D AVERAGE(A1:A3)...

Copying a worksheet from a workbook to another
I copied a worksheet from one workbook to another workbook and in the process I lose the print setup of the original worksheet. The original sheet no longers fits perfectly on an 8.5 X 11 paper. The sides of the sheet is chopped off. However, I noticed that the column widths for both sheets are exactly alike. How can this be explained if the column widths are identical yet the copied version does not retain the perfect print setup? Did you copy the entire worksheet using the Edit-->Move or Copy Sheet command? If you simply selected and copied all of the cells on the source s...

Maximum no of accounts
Hello, Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it comes within 2 days. -Nanci In microsoft.public.money, Nanci wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that >can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere >between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single >file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it >comes within 2 days. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Random Number Generator #2
I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill one column and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this? To generate a random whole number between 1 and 3000, you can use =int(rand()*(3000-1)+1) binder Wrote: > I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill on > column > and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

How to Print PO Number and Check Number to GL Trial Balance Detail
Hi, Can anyone help me to print the PO Number from Purchase Order Entry and Check Number from Payables transaction Entry to GL Trial Balance Detail report. I've searched some knowledgebase but it doesn't work. can you make me that report or can you give me step by step procedure on how to print po number and check number. The code i've already check are listed below: Note: it doesn't work! 1. 863689 2. 855515 3. 850888 Pls hope for your response -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Supervisor STRC You should insert the orginating document number from the Year to Date Table this ...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

formula to BOLD partial number
Helo, MY experience with your group is awesome. Can you help me with this one, I have time data "06:09:23" is there a formula where I can indicate the first two caracters ("06") to be bold. Manually to do this could be quite a hassle for a couple of hundred cells. Thank you smile One simple way Sub boldleft2() For Each c In Selection c.Characters(1, 2).Font.Bold = True Next End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C76F7C5-01F4-4033-8...

Can a maximum discount percent be assigned at cashier level?
I'm trying to find a way to assign a maximum discount percent either at a cashier level or at a security level. Example, I am using security level 4 for my POS staff and I want them to be able to offer a maximum discount of 10% on a sale. I can't seem to find where to do this (although in cashier properties you can limit over/short amounts for z report, or maximum sales, but nothing with respect to a maximum allowble discount) I appreciate any help I can get on this - thanks. ...

Worksheet won't leave outbox
When I email a spreadsheet directly from Excel, it gets stuck in my outbox. However, this is not my Outlook Express Outbox - Not sure what "outbox" it is. Very confused!! HELP Maybe your default email client isn't set to OE. Inside MSInternet Explorer, you could check: tools|internet Options|Programs|e-mail If it's not set for MSOE, change it. "B. Scott" wrote: > > When I email a spreadsheet directly from Excel, it gets > stuck in my outbox. However, this is not my Outlook > Express Outbox - Not sure what "outbox" it is. Very > co...

Suppressing Sections & Tabs
Is there a way to conditionally suppress or hide an entire section and/or tab in CRM 4.0? Hi Cindy - Yes you can do this with JavaScript using the OnLoad event. -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Is there a way to conditionally suppress or hide an entire section and/or > tab in CRM 4.0? > Hi Cindy, Here is the sample script to hide section and tabs in CRM4 Here you will need to specify any control id from that section like "paymenttermscode_c" for "Payment Terms. //to hide section crmForm.all.<Control_Name>.parentE...

Serial Number
I need to delet hundereds of old sold serial number. Is there way I can get script ? All the serials are under one item. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Hi Gill - Of the serial numbers you need to delete, how many line items are they attached to (i.e. hundreds of serial numbers under 1 item, 2 items, or more)??? There are some easy scripts to remove these, but it will all depend on: 1) What side is deleting (HQ or SO)? 1a) If HQ - will you also delete from SO? 2) Are the serial...

macro based on text or number
I want to do an if statement within a macro that will copy and paste to another cell, a field that is text. Anything numerical should be skipped. How do I do this? Here is one way. Set rng = Sheets("Sheet1).Range("A1") If Not IsNumeric(rng) Then rng.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2") End If "JOSEPH WEBER" <JOSEPHWEBER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5D52B8A-7923-416B-9C20-3F18A7594374@microsoft.com... >I want to do an if statement within a macro that will copy and paste to > another cell, a field...

How to HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address details.
Hello, I need to allow a HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address details. What is the cleanest way to allow these permissions only? Exchange 2003, outlook 2003 Quest Active Roles Server <vyaw2003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170223431.607031.241980@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I need to allow a HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address > details. > What is the cleanest way to allow these permissions only? > Exchange 2003, outlook 2003 > **I need to allow a HR user to modify the GAL through Outlook 2003 cant i just delega...

Master Transaction Number & Trx Source Number
In SOP what this numbers mean Master Transaction Number Trx Source Number What is the initial tables for this number. Thanks a lot. V, This really is a developer question that may be better posted/answered on the mbspartner.developer ng. That is for GP and SBF developer questions. Matt "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:uIVuOK1sFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In SOP what this numbers mean > Master Transaction Number > Trx Source Number > > What is the initial tables for this number. > > > Thanks a lot. > > Tha...