Maximum file size for excel documents?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is?
I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go.

Lots of data....
0
Parag1 (2)

Hi
see:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Parag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000
> workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much
> further I can go.
>
> Lots of data....
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/2/2004 11:26:13 AM
Thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> see:
> http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Parag wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000
> > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much
> > further I can go.
> >
> > Lots of data....

0
Parag1 (2)

Open Excel worksheet from web page.
I have an excel 2000 worksheet with extensive VBA code. I can open the worksheet in Excel 2000 and Excel 97 without any problems (the code was written in Excel 2000 VBA but works in both versions of Excel). The worksheet is located on a server on a LAN. However, when I try calling it from a web page, it seems to give varying results. I have tried several methods of calling the worksheet. a) Using ASP and CreateObject("Excel.Application") and then using this objects Open method to open the required workbook. This works OK if Excel 2000 installed on client but gives run time erro...

how can I mark the maximum point on x-y graph
in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy MAJ-BEHNAM wrote: > in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Invalid file path
Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the correct file path to get my records to restore? thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greycats2 wrote: >Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has >been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and >it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the >correct file path to get my records to restore? Rather than restore to the "default' location, Browse to ...

Network Outlook file
Hello, I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? Thanks Dear, It is not a good idea to keep the pst file on a network server, it will decrease the performance. Why don't you use Exchange server. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "majutatu" wrote: > Hello, > > I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? > > Thanks > thanks, but can I back all my files to a network share or server? Thanks again "Anver" wr...

Open file created in previous version
I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - I presently have 2007 installed Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681BDEBB-997C-4EA2-9DE7-7CB225685E92@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - > I > presently have 2007 installed ...

Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.
I recently had a user experience the following error when generating a report and thought I would share my fix in case any one else runs into this issue. Run-time error '-2147220503 (800403e9)' Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.5\FRxXML4.dat not found. Also Received this error: Error 59999 Application-defined or object-defined error To fix this issue I reran the setup.exe and it corrected the issue on my computer on the users I had to run it twice and it corrected it. Troy, Interesting! We recently had a similar issue and if I recall correctly ...

Maximum number of recipients
For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to? Thanks, Robert Your ISP is the determining factor, not Outlook. Most limit from 25 to 50 for residential accounts and up to 150 for commercial accounts. "Robert Ramin" <rramin@swcsx.com> wrote in message news:eCWbWuPiGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that > a message can be sent to? > > Thanks, > Robert > ...

PowerPoint 2007 Size and Position dialog box for formating SmartAr
In PowerPoint 2003, I find the Size and Position tabs in the Format Autoshape Dialog box. For PowerPoint 2007, I have found instructions to access the Size and Positon dialog box through the shortcut menu. However, when I right-click the SmartArt graphic, the shortcut menu does not have a Size and Position to select. Where can I access the Size and Position dialog box in 2007 when formating a SmartArt graphic? Thank you for your help. On 11/24/09 1:53 PM, in article 2DC5B632-63C0-4AAC-B6F5-7B5B0CDDBAF0@microsoft.com, "mirmesquite" <mirmesquite@discussions.micr...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

Comparing Excel Files
Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr Tabbarah < wrote: > Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel > files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? One way is to save two sheets as CSV files and use Word to compare the CSV files. (It's awkward, but it gets the job done.) 1. One method I like is to make a third sheet to show differences an put a formula like this in all cells :- =Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1 ....for...

Maximum no of accounts
Hello, Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it comes within 2 days. -Nanci In microsoft.public.money, Nanci wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that >can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere >between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single >file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it >comes within 2 days. http://support.microsoft.com/...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

Write to a CSV file
Hi!! I use this: Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.OpenTextFile("test.csv", 8) f.Writeline Report_lageroversigt.nr.value & ";" & Report_lageroversigt.Navn.value & ";" & Report_lageroversigt.Sum_Of_antal.value f.Close Its work fine in a text file, but when i write to a csv file and open this file en excel then the first row (1) is empty why? What exactly do you mean by "work fine in a text file"? Are you saying that when you open the file in Notepad, there's no...

file path
hi, i have an application that browses to look up file. so after i browse and read the file i need to come back to my original project path . Could you tell me how do i get the initial project path and then again after browsing for the file set the variable back again to my original path of application. (Also which variable takes care of it .. if its there is one) Thanks in advance ... chintanpsanghvi@gmail.com wrote: > hi, > i have an application that browses to look up file. so after i browse > and read the file i need to come back to my original project path . > Could you tel...

PST file problems
I have copied my outlook.pst and archive.pst files from my Win98SE/Outlook2000 to CD. I then did a clean install of WinXP on the system. After installing Office2K, I transferred the files from the CD to the dexktop and proceeded to open Outlook and tried to open/import the PST files back to my new version of Outlook2000. First I got the common "properties for this information must be defined prior to use" messages and ".is not a personal folders file". So I checked the files to assure that the files weren't "read-only". They weren't. Still couldn'...

Saving files to memory stick
Hi, I am wanting to save a lot of individual files from a web based program to my memory stick, once I click on save they are in a Microsoft Word format - I then have to select my memory stick before I can then save. Is there a way of making my memory stick the default save location so I don't have to select it every time? Thanks Never save or write files directly to removable media. You risk ending up with corrupt files. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jon" <Jon@discussions....

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

CANNOT OPEN THE FILE
Excel cannot access my file and the message is (Excel cannot access "Filename.xls". The Document may be read-only or encrypted), after I press Ok showing other message (cannot access 'file number'.) How are you opening the file? If you are clicking on the list of the last n used AND you've changed the folder in which the file is kept, it won't find it I would suggest you try to open the file by double clicking on the file name from within Windows Explorer. If it opens OK you have a pathing problem. If it still doesn't open the problem is with the file itse...

how do I tabulate data in excel 2003
I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I do that? On May 13, 11:36=A0am, Becky <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I= do > that? How is your data organized? You start by pretending we cannot see your worksheet and its layout. Then you provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:36:01 -0700, Becky <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do...

Sharing an .OST file
I have a group email mailbox set up that several people access. It resides on our server, which limits the amount of space available and thus, limiting the amount of messages that can be kept in it. I would like to set up a .PST or .OST file on a shared drive on our network that everyone can access. I want everyone to be able to access the inbox, sent folder, etc without any limitations, and perfectly in sync. Am I on the right track thinking about an .OST file on a shared drive? Does anyone know how this can be done or if it's even possible? Thanks AKKGFK <nospam@dejazzd.com...

Folder List does not display files and folders
Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list. No folders or files are displayed. There are files in the default folder called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List. Please can you advise? Thank you in advance. Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site ? The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage. The folder My Documents\My webs is a website. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

Can a maximum discount percent be assigned at cashier level?
I'm trying to find a way to assign a maximum discount percent either at a cashier level or at a security level. Example, I am using security level 4 for my POS staff and I want them to be able to offer a maximum discount of 10% on a sale. I can't seem to find where to do this (although in cashier properties you can limit over/short amounts for z report, or maximum sales, but nothing with respect to a maximum allowble discount) I appreciate any help I can get on this - thanks. ...

How to alphabetize a column of names on Excel, Word
As in subject Look for Sort in the Help file -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "greenemick" <greenemick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1B22C5-FEF5-4335-B4BD-9589DD438E8F@microsoft.com... > As in subject ...

footers in excel
Can anyone tell me how to create a footer in excel that enables you to locate the file path of the current file (like you can do in Word). It seems that the footers in excel are limited to only what you have available in the footers box. I currently place the file path on my spreadsheet at the very bottom of the page using a hyperlink that points to the current file with the link removed so that it appears as text. But is there another way ?? Thanks xl2002 has this option built in. You could write a macro that adds the footer or you could download John Walkenbach's AddPath ad...

Intesrting a file into a form
I designed a form and want to attach a file. There is no option for that under the Insert command. Any ideas? Sounds like you removed the message/notes control. Drag it from the Field Chooser back onto your form. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Use...