Maximum File Size #2

What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook?
0
lynn1 (103)

Hi
see:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Template #2
Can i import a template i designed in word into publisher? You can copy it and paste into Publisher, it will no longer be a template, however you can save it again as a Publisher template. If you are using 2003 you can try the import the Word document command under file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lavanya" <Lavanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41B45CA2-DC39-410E-A8EC-0EBA298892A5@microsoft.com... > Can i import a template i designed in word into publisher? but i dont get...

how can I mark the maximum point on x-y graph
in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy MAJ-BEHNAM wrote: > in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Invalid file path
Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the correct file path to get my records to restore? thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greycats2 wrote: >Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has >been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and >it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the >correct file path to get my records to restore? Rather than restore to the "default' location, Browse to ...

Report #2
I have a manager who would like a monthly report on inbound and outbound email volume to each user under her. What is the easiest way to achieve this? See "IMI Mailbox Statistics" - friendly user interface, export to TXT, CSV, HTML, and Direct Print - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm The report columns give to you information such as the mailbox name, the Windows NT user account name of the last user to log on to the Mailbox, the sizes of each of the messages in the mailbox, the total number of messages in the mailbox, the date and time when the user last logged on...

Network Outlook file
Hello, I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? Thanks Dear, It is not a good idea to keep the pst file on a network server, it will decrease the performance. Why don't you use Exchange server. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "majutatu" wrote: > Hello, > > I like to store my outlook contact, pst file on network server - possible? > > Thanks > thanks, but can I back all my files to a network share or server? Thanks again "Anver" wr...

Help please 2
For example a Chicago number is (847)333-3333, in Xcel and Access it is shown as 8473333333 (ok)when I convert it into Outlook it shows 1512358730 sometimes (151)235684 Does Access import these phone numbers into text fields or number fields? If the latter, try using a query to convert them into a string containing the phone number in "canonical" format, which Outlook seems to accept reliably. A calculated field like this fPhone: Format([Phone],"""+1 (""000) 000-0000") should do the trick: it converts 1234567890 to +1 (123) 456-7890 Once yo...

Open file created in previous version
I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - I presently have 2007 installed Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681BDEBB-997C-4EA2-9DE7-7CB225685E92@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - > I > presently have 2007 installed ...

Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.
I recently had a user experience the following error when generating a report and thought I would share my fix in case any one else runs into this issue. Run-time error '-2147220503 (800403e9)' Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.5\FRxXML4.dat not found. Also Received this error: Error 59999 Application-defined or object-defined error To fix this issue I reran the setup.exe and it corrected the issue on my computer on the users I had to run it twice and it corrected it. Troy, Interesting! We recently had a similar issue and if I recall correctly ...

SendMail Macro #2
Hello, I created this macro ============================================== Sub Send_Form() ' ' Send_Form Macro ' Macro recorded 6/8/2004 by No One ' info1 = Range("F5").Value info2 = Range("F7").Value info3 = Range("F9").Value info4 = Range("F11").Value ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "no_one@hotmail.com", " " & info1 & " / Account no: " & info2 & " / Temp. no: " & info3 & " / Ported no: " & info4 & "." ' End Sub ================================...

Maximum number of recipients
For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to? Thanks, Robert Your ISP is the determining factor, not Outlook. Most limit from 25 to 50 for residential accounts and up to 150 for commercial accounts. "Robert Ramin" <rramin@swcsx.com> wrote in message news:eCWbWuPiGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that > a message can be sent to? > > Thanks, > Robert > ...

PowerPoint 2007 Size and Position dialog box for formating SmartAr
In PowerPoint 2003, I find the Size and Position tabs in the Format Autoshape Dialog box. For PowerPoint 2007, I have found instructions to access the Size and Positon dialog box through the shortcut menu. However, when I right-click the SmartArt graphic, the shortcut menu does not have a Size and Position to select. Where can I access the Size and Position dialog box in 2007 when formating a SmartArt graphic? Thank you for your help. On 11/24/09 1:53 PM, in article 2DC5B632-63C0-4AAC-B6F5-7B5B0CDDBAF0@microsoft.com, "mirmesquite" <mirmesquite@discussions.micr...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

Comparing Excel Files
Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr Tabbarah < wrote: > Does anyone know about a Macro or Add-in that compares 2 Excel > files/sheets in a similar manner to Compare in Word? One way is to save two sheets as CSV files and use Word to compare the CSV files. (It's awkward, but it gets the job done.) 1. One method I like is to make a third sheet to show differences an put a formula like this in all cells :- =Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1 ....for...

Typographical error in RMS 2.0 Manual Index
In the index look-up section for "Denominations" the page is listed as page 226. It should read 224. Please correct in future publications of the manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Maximum no of accounts
Hello, Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it comes within 2 days. -Nanci In microsoft.public.money, Nanci wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that >can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere >between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single >file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it >comes within 2 days. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Printing problem #2
All of a sudden Publisher 2002 is printing the second side of my booklet upside down. It is a 20 page publication, 5 sheets 11x17, printed on two sides, auto duplexing, on an HP CLJ8550gn. "Flip pages up" is not selected. I am able to print in Word on two sides and the orientation is correct. I have un- and reinstalled Publisher and applied a patch pub1001.exe. I have also deleted printer and port and reinstalled all. This publication is done for a small nonprofit, all volunteer organization so there is little to no budget for support. Our deadline for publication is already passed ...

Outlook Alternatives #2
Since I cannot get outlook to send large file without sending them many times, see previoius posts, I'm wondering what other alternatives there are to Outlook and am seeking recommendations. Thanks Greg Greg <glaskow4@msn.com> wrote: > Since I cannot get outlook to send large file without sending them > many times, see previoius posts, I'm wondering what other > alternatives there are to Outlook and am seeking recommendations. Depends on what you need the application to do. If it's just to send mail, POP/SMTP clients abound on the Internet, many of them f...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

Write to a CSV file
Hi!! I use this: Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.OpenTextFile("test.csv", 8) f.Writeline Report_lageroversigt.nr.value & ";" & Report_lageroversigt.Navn.value & ";" & Report_lageroversigt.Sum_Of_antal.value f.Close Its work fine in a text file, but when i write to a csv file and open this file en excel then the first row (1) is empty why? What exactly do you mean by "work fine in a text file"? Are you saying that when you open the file in Notepad, there's no...

averaging numbers #2
Using Excel 2007 I need to average numbers. The numbers are in the same rows _but_ not in consecutive columns. The problem I am trying to get around is that in some rows, some cells are blank (do not contain a number) and I therefore do not want them included in the calculations even though the formula includes them. How does "=AVERAGE" handle blank cells? Do I have to do anything special to make XL ignore the blank cells when averaging the numbers? Thank you. Jeff AVERAGE ignores blank cells. Suppose you have 2 in A1, A2 is empty and A3 contains 4, then: =3D AVERAGE(A1:A3)...

file path
hi, i have an application that browses to look up file. so after i browse and read the file i need to come back to my original project path . Could you tell me how do i get the initial project path and then again after browsing for the file set the variable back again to my original path of application. (Also which variable takes care of it .. if its there is one) Thanks in advance ... chintanpsanghvi@gmail.com wrote: > hi, > i have an application that browses to look up file. so after i browse > and read the file i need to come back to my original project path . > Could you tel...

PST file problems
I have copied my outlook.pst and archive.pst files from my Win98SE/Outlook2000 to CD. I then did a clean install of WinXP on the system. After installing Office2K, I transferred the files from the CD to the dexktop and proceeded to open Outlook and tried to open/import the PST files back to my new version of Outlook2000. First I got the common "properties for this information must be defined prior to use" messages and ".is not a personal folders file". So I checked the files to assure that the files weren't "read-only". They weren't. Still couldn'...

Saving files to memory stick
Hi, I am wanting to save a lot of individual files from a web based program to my memory stick, once I click on save they are in a Microsoft Word format - I then have to select my memory stick before I can then save. Is there a way of making my memory stick the default save location so I don't have to select it every time? Thanks Never save or write files directly to removable media. You risk ending up with corrupt files. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jon" <Jon@discussions....

CANNOT OPEN THE FILE
Excel cannot access my file and the message is (Excel cannot access "Filename.xls". The Document may be read-only or encrypted), after I press Ok showing other message (cannot access 'file number'.) How are you opening the file? If you are clicking on the list of the last n used AND you've changed the folder in which the file is kept, it won't find it I would suggest you try to open the file by double clicking on the file name from within Windows Explorer. If it opens OK you have a pathing problem. If it still doesn't open the problem is with the file itse...

Sharing an .OST file
I have a group email mailbox set up that several people access. It resides on our server, which limits the amount of space available and thus, limiting the amount of messages that can be kept in it. I would like to set up a .PST or .OST file on a shared drive on our network that everyone can access. I want everyone to be able to access the inbox, sent folder, etc without any limitations, and perfectly in sync. Am I on the right track thinking about an .OST file on a shared drive? Does anyone know how this can be done or if it's even possible? Thanks AKKGFK <nospam@dejazzd.com...