Maximized vs minimized

I have a macro that copies data from disc drive A: and copies it to th
current open spreadsheet.  All works fine, except when it's done i
minimizes the window.

What code could I add to maximize the active window?

Something like:
ActiveWindow.WindowState = ????????

Thank You,
Michae

Michael

Try,
 Application.WindowState = xlMaximized

Cheers

John
"daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a macro that copies data from disc drive A: and copies it to the
> current open spreadsheet.  All works fine, except when it's done it
> minimizes the window.
>
> What code could I add to maximize the active window?
>
> Something like:
> ActiveWindow.WindowState = ????????
>
> Thank You,
> Michael
>

> ---

jp1 (93)

Outlook vs MyDoom
Dear All, I was wondering what measures can be taken against the MyDoom virus when using Microsoft Outlook 2000 as a mail client. I have adequate virus protection in place. However I am still receiving emails with infected file attachments. Is it possible to filter out certain file extensions? If so, how do you do this? Also is there any other measures I can take to reduce the number of infected emails I receive? Many Thanks, Mr J Barwell Get an antispam program like mailwasher (mailwasher.net). Outlook can't filter out attachments, it's all or nothing. You'll need a 3rd pa...

HtmlHelp Errors in VS 2005
In Visual C++ 6.0, I used the statement HtmlHelp(m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd, m_pszHelpFilePath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData); which compiled just fine. When I attempted to compile this statement in VS2005, I get the following syntax error: ..\SampleFile.cpp(172) : error C2660: 'CWinApp::HtmlHelpA' : function does not take 4 arguments How do we fix this error? marathoner wrote: > In Visual C++ 6.0, I used the statement > > HtmlHelp(m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd, m_pszHelpFilePath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData); > > which compiled just fine. When I attempted to compile this state...

Regular Workbooks vs. Binary Workbooks 04-27-10
Can you tell me the difference between a regular Excel workbook and a binary workbook? We use a shared workbook as a tracking system for our department, and we often have conflicts, crashes, or other miscellaneous catastrophes. My manager was wondering if saving it as a binary workbook might reduce the number of problems that we experience. Thank you for your help. ...

Validation in XP vs 2000
I'm producing an application in excel which uses validation to allow users to pick from a list in certain cells. I am using excel 2002 but other users in a different company are using Excel 2000. When they open the s/sheet in excel 2000 the validation drop down lists do not appear. Does excel 2000 support validation in the same way as 2002? Is there another reason why the validation might not work on their PC? What's the best/simplest alternative way of incorporating drop down lists to limit the entries users can make in cell? First, is there any validation at all? If i...

OE vs. Outlook or Windows mail
I currently have a desktop, using OE, because I do a lot of newsgroups. Will be gettin a new laptop, which I realize will not be able to have OE. If an email is opened in Desktop OE, would it still be available for Laptop Windows Mail or Laptop Outlook ? Or vice-versa ? Any other thoughts and /or recommendations on this particular situation ? How are newsgroups accessed without OE ? Thanks, -- Steve Mc DNA to SBC to respond 1: If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Che...

Money vs Quicken #3
Does anyone know if Quicken tries to start the dialer everytime you run it like Money2005 does?? This is driving me nuts and I would consider changing if Quicken behaves better. Frank Quicken has this as a preference. I happen to have mine turned off. "Frank" <fjmet@amisp.net> wrote in message news:<ubF8I$suEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>... > Does anyone know if Quicken tries to start the dialer everytime you run it > like Money2005 does?? This is driving me nuts and I would consider changing > if Quicken behaves better. > Frank Quicken 2005 doesn't ...

Maximized vs minimized
I have a macro that copies data from disc drive A: and copies it to th current open spreadsheet. All works fine, except when it's done i minimizes the window. What code could I add to maximize the active window? Something like: ActiveWindow.WindowState = ???????? Thank You, Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Michael Try, Application.WindowState = xlMaximized Cheers John "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a macro that copies data from di...

Pantone Solid vs Process
Hi, What's the difference between Pantone Solid and Pantone Process, as they appear in the Pantone color selection palette? Thanks! Raph http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=FX%2CHA%2CHP%2CQZ%2CRC%2CXT&Query=pantone&App=PB -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Raphael Goubet" <rgoubet@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:da59d264.0504110306.17919886@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > What's the difference between Pantone Solid and Pantone Process, as > they appear in th...

Maximizing MainFrame
Hi everyone, I use VC++ 6.0. I have an MDI application that I want to be able to dynamiaclly maximize in such a way that user would not be able to get to the desktop. My goals are: 1. MainFrame should be maximized. 2. Minimize and Restore buttons should be either greyed out or removed. 3. User should not be able to move the application window. 4. The [x] close button in the top right corner should be visible. I have to use SetWindowLong() as oppose to Create() because this all has to happen dynamically many times in application's lifetime. My goal 1 ("maximized" is easy to achi...

Publisher 2000 vs Publisher 2002
My colleague is sending me documents that he has made up in Publisher 2002. I only have Publisher 2000 and when I try to open them get the error message "Publisher cannot open files in a different version". Is there any way round this? Your colleague can save his documents as Publisher 2000. They will be much larger than a 2002 publication. If you don't need to edit the files, PDF conversion would be better. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yumyum" <Yumyum@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How can I keep a maximized form maximized?
Hi All, I have a form I want maximized. I added DoCmd.Maximize to the form Open event. I set the property sheet for no min max buttos, but a minimize button still shows up next to the close button (which I have to have. Is there a majic spell I can use in VB to hide the min button? Second to making it go away, can I trap it and stop it from happening? Thanks, Max Hi Max, Are you sure you set the option minimize and maximize to none because if you did you shouldn't see neither option. Reading your post it looks like you have opted for only showing the minimize op...

Exmerge vs Export PST from clients
I'm in the process of moving mail from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008...the suggestion from someone in this group was to use Exmerge to do it easily and after reading up on Exmerge it does seem pretty simple to do, but i have a couple of concerns: - Exmerge size limit is 2 gigs if i am reading correctly, so those users with mailboxes large than that (several of them) will need to me manually exported - Exmerge, if i understand correctly, is just exporting the mail and a different step is needed for Calendar, etc? What i want to know is, why not just export each users mail to a PST o...

decided on M07 vs Q07
Well, I liked both programs, but got tired of entering transaction in both. Decided on Money because of OFX support and thought it was better intergrated with debt reduction. Both were nice, but had to pick one. I did like Quickens cash flow home page, but could not find a way to see cash flow other than for each month. Maybe I missed something. Frank ...

Report is maximizing weird
I setup my report previews so that they maximize on load. I had it working fine but I must have done something wrong because now the form Maximizes funny. It fills up the database window but you can still see the caption. It seems Access thinks its maximized because I can't maximize it any further by hitting the maximize button, yet when I minimize it then maximize it, it correts itself. This causes a problem because right now, the page selector at the bottom is hidden because it isn't maximized correctly and I have to min/max in order to see it. Thanks, -- TIA On Report...

Excel 2007 vs Excel 2003: How to keep charts stable?
We have some computers on Excel 2007 & some on Excel 2003. When I make a graph on Excel 2007, and someone touches it in Excel 2003, the graph gets messed up. In the last instance, the graph contents disappeared (ie. no lines in the graphy)! Can anyone recommend on how to keep the graphs stable across Excel 2007 & Excel 2003. Unfortunatelly, I cannot upgrade everyone. Note: I have tried making graphs on in Excel 2003 first. This helps, but does not seem to solve it. Thanks! ...

Maximizer
I am trying to send emails with Maximizer 7 but Outlook keeps giving me a 509 syntax error - can anyone help? ...

Microsoft RMS vs Retail Pro & Web Store
What can you tell me about the positives and negatives between RMS Dynamics and Retail Pro? I would also like to integrate a webstore and need the best overall solution. I don't want the problematic broken down software (cheapest) and I can't afford a new Benz if you know what I mean. Any promotions or ways to get a good deal on quality point of sale software with selling on the web? Jason On Mar 3, 9:49=A0am, CP <chicagoprotect...@yahoo.com> wrote: > What can you tell me about the positives and negatives betweenRMS > Dynamics andRetailPro? I would also like to integrat...

Resize when maximize
I have dialog based application with textbox and button i need when maximize the dialog the textbox automatically resized in dialog....i hope i explained what i need This might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/ResizableLib.asp Tom "Raed Sawalha" <RaedSawalha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74A27EF5-FC27-4B96-B306-7F4FC3E26175@microsoft.com... >I have dialog based application with textbox and button i need when >maximize > the dialog the textbox automatically resized in dialog....i hope i > explained > what i need ...

VS Tools GP9
What is the easiest way to create SOP Invoice with Visual Studio Tools for GP9? I have read somewhere (on this forum) that exists some samples how to create SOP Invoice with Importing the Item, qty, UnitPrice from text file. Is it true? Does anyone know where are these samples? The sample you are thinking about it a Dexterity sample. It isn't really useable from VSTools because it requires table buffer access (which vstools doesn't have in 9.0) and also calling procedures which use tables/references which vstools also doesn't support. The best way to create SOP Invoices with ...

_pAtlChainRawDllMain vs. _pRawDllMain in Extension Dlls...
Hi, This problem involves MFC 71 in VS .NET running on Windows XP. The situation is as follows. All compilations are using the same versions of the compiler and MFC: 1. We have an exe which dynamically loads an extension dll using AfxLoadLibrary 2. The extension dll source (main file) includes afxdllx.h as documented 3. When the AfxInitExtensionModule method is called from within the extension dll, the following statement in the method "corrupts" the class list available in the application because the m_pClassInit member is null. pModuleState->m_classList.m_pHead = pModule...

xmldocument vs. xpathdocument
Hi, Could someone explain the functional difference between these classes? From what I understand, xpathdocument is faster in some scenarios, but I'm not sure why. Further, why is it that the method of getting xml data into these two classes differs? (xmldocument uses the load method, whereas xpathdocument doesn't have this available and one must specify the path to the xml data in the constructor, or so it seems). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks... -Ben Ben R. wrote: > Could someone explain the functional difference between these classes? From > what I underst...

M07 deluxe vs premium
Hi, I have been using MS Money since 1995, and for as long as I can remember, I've been using the "deluxe" version (well, since they started to have more than one version!) After using the trial version for a few days, I have decided to purchase M07. I was going to buy the Deluxe version, but I am not sure if Premium is worth it. I checked in MS web site, and I don't think I am going to use the financial services that are included. And I am not sure what difference will there be in the investments section. What are you guys using? Deluxe or Premium? Thanks!! Jose Jose...

VS.NET 2003
I just wanna ask that whether MSDN Realease APril 2003 covers VS.NET 2003 or still the VS.NET 2002???? Kindly reply ASAP Thanks Shoaib ...

maximizing Child View
HI all I am New user for VC, and i have just install MVS.NET. i try to make test application. and try MFC application. but wizard make child window not maximized . Will some one help me how to do it.? and how to hendel child window in MFC. Thanks. Amrit There is a ton of information including the answer to this question in this FAQ. http://ai.kaist.ac.kr/~ymkim/Program/mfc_faq.html Tom "Amrit" <cadd@wlink.com.np> wrote in message news:OYLUU11JJHA.920@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > HI all > I am New user for VC, and i have just install MVS.NET. > > i try to ...

Child window is not displayed when parent window is maximized
Hi, I developing an ActiveX control, i have made Microsoft PPT.exe window as the child of my OCX window using SetParent function. Now when my IE window is minimized and maximized, then OCX window is refreshed but the PPT window which is child window of OCX window is not displayed on maximization of IE window. Same behavior is there when some other window overlaps the OCX window. Thanks Vibhor Mahajan ...