Max and min

Hi!

I would like a formula to anticipate the expected maximum and minimum of
votes for each political group in the elections and that the variables are
necessary to know

Thanks in advance.
an

Max Customers Accounts in CRM 1.2
One of our client who is evaluating CRM asked for number of Customer Accounts Limit of MS CRM 1.2. We know that MS is targeting CRM for small and Medium size orgainzation but can it support customers of an orgainzation to Millions. Or Can some one tell the max limit of Customer Accounts. ? Regards, JZ There is no defined maximum.. The key is sizing the SQL server appropriately. Especialyl with CRM not supporting clustered SQL servers. I know there are companies out there that have implemented (or are in the process of implementing) installs for > 1,000 users. Matt Parks MVP - Micr...

Max and min
Hi! I would like a formula to anticipate the expected maximum and minimum of votes for each political group in the elections and that the variables are necessary to know Thanks in advance. an ...

MAX
Hi, I am looking for a query that will return all the entries where a certain field has its max value. For example: I am interested in all the values where version is at its MAX for a certain id so if my table is: id idea status version 1 Apple open 1 1 Banana close 2 2 Chair close 1 3 Table open 3 3 Flower open 4 4 Keyboard open 1 I would expect to get: 1 Banana close 2 2 Chair close 1 3 Flower open 4 4 Keyboard open 1 Any idea? Thanks, Dan Create a query that selects the id and max(version) Create a second query that joins the table...

Does Smartlist have max # of records it looks at?
I created a report through SmartList builder and when I run it, the information stops at 12/7/09. It does not show the rest of the year regardless of what date criteria I use. I then created a similar SQL query and made a new SmartList from that query. Again the information stops at 12/7/09. Is there a maximum number of records that SmartList will look at? Or any ideas on why this is happening? This is my SQL query: select a.ordocnum, a. crdtamnt, a.debitamt, a.trxdate, a.actindx, a.ormstrid, a.ormstrnm, a.dscriptn, b.mnacsgmt, c.userdef1, c.userdef2 from gl20000 a lef...

ability to configure wait object condition with max wait time capp
configuring wait for object condition results in a wf instance that may wait indefinitely long. It would be good if we could cap the wait period at a specified perod of time or object status change. e.g. wait for case.priority = high (abort wf instance after 6 months of waiting) wait for case.priority = high (abort wf instance after case.status = resolved, cancelled) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

nvarchar max
Hi We had a sql server databse on the web server which used ntext fields as it was in 2000 We ugraded to 2005 and recently i changed the ntext fields to nvarchar(MAX) so i could use distinct in sql Since then we have had massive problems with the server with sql consuming 90-100% of memory. I was not expecting any problems, and wondered if there were any issues with nvarchar(MAX) or if this was just a coincidence thanks jc Jonathan Crawford (jc@jcrawford.co.uk) writes: > We had a sql server databse on the web server which used ntext fields > as it ...

Max decimal places
Does MS Excel have a maximum number decimal places. I know that I can format up to 30 decimal places. (This is not a formatting question.) Is 30 the default or are the decimal places infinite? I am uploading a file to a database and want to set the field length on the database to the maximum possible decimal places as long as its not infinite. Thank You. Excel only supports 15 significant digits. Anything beyond that is no mans land. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "SusieQ" <SusieQ@discussions.microsoft...

How do I get MAX, MAX -1, MAX -2
I have a list of numbers that I need the MAX number for......so far that's easy, but I also need MAX -1 and MAX -2. In other words I need the 3 greatest numbers in the list. I DO NOT want to sort. I need this as a formula. Thanks in advance for your help -P -- pilzner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pilzner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393410 Check out the LARGE() function. LARGE(A1:Z1,1) gives the largest number in...

Bug with gradient fills and max scale
I have a bar chart with gradient fills. The bar chart has a max value set so some bars are cut off. This chart is displayed in a picture link. In this picture the bars continue "through the roof" of the chart. Has anyone else encountered this? I can solve it by having solid fills, is there another way? My advice is to use solid fills. Not only is it simpler, but sometimes gradients can distract the reader or imply certain things about the data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marcus" <M...

Archive max. size
Using XP, Outlook 2007. When archiving yesterday, I rec'd message: Error while archiving folder "[folder name]" in store "Personal Folders". The file C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them by pressing SHIFT+DELETE. You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) introduced with Outlook 2003 that provides greater capacity for stor...

max no. of columns
I need to import som data to Excel (.txt). My problem is that the no of columns are 300, and Excel seem to have a 256 column limit- does anybody know how to solve this problem. michael ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Michael, There is no way to get more than 256 columns per sheet. Options are: - spread across multiple sheets - transpose the data (columns to rows) - choose another product. Sorry! -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poo...

OWA block sender list max?
While using Exchange Server 2003's Outlook Web Access client, if I right-click on a message and select "Add sender to blocked sender list" I get the following error: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit on the server. There a few in the list already but not a ton. I have confirmed that this user (or any user for that matter) are anywhere close to the mailbox store size limit. There are send/recieve limits of 200,000 KB but that's waaaaay more than anyone seems to be using. Any ideas, is there just a max with OWA? Thanks, Marc...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

MAX
i´m trying to obtain the max value, but i need to have a reference ex: client value 123 1560 123 2000 123 8520 156 1564 154 4666 I need to group client 123 in order to obtain is max value - 8520 Can someone please help me (it´s a list of 40000 clients, and i don´t want to do manualy) If you are saying that you want the max value in col G based on the client in col F then use this formula which must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter =MAX(IF(F2:F22=123,G2:G22)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Hugo C...

Set Y-Axis max value to cell value without VBA?
I'm working on a home-grown pareto chart in my workbook; the data will change and I'd like to dynamically have the (primary) Y-Axis max match the sum of all values so that that it will synch with the secondary Y-axis which will always have my 0-100% of the total (line). Is there an easy way to force the primary Y-axis to have a maximum value matching a cell in my worksheet? Thanks, Keith You need VBA, but it's not terribly hard. Here's how (my site): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html and here's a utility that handles the heavy lifting for yo...

Max date
I have a query that looks that this: Customer1 Loan#1 Date Rate Customer1 Loan#1 Date Rate Customer1 Loan#2 Date Rate Customer2 Loan#1 Date Rate Customer3 Loan#1 Date Rate I need to be able to pull the max date for each loan # for each customer, so in the example above I would get two results for customer1 and one result for customer2 and customer3. I've tried using max date, but that's not woring like I need it to -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 I tried this, and I sti...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

Look for Max and second Max
Dear expert, Have made a similar post before. I am looking for the highest and the second high after the first highest. One of the experts replied me In Cell E1 to use =Max(A1:A7) In Cell F1 to use this. =MAX(INDIRECT("A"&MATCH(E1,A1:A7,0)+1&":A7")) But when I add a row .... it does not work. Also, when I move the data and move the function series (though I have modified ":A7" to new address), it does not work either 91.27 (max) in a cell and second high 87.96 (2nd one after the higest is formed) Can I modify the function so that it ca...

Max text chrs in cell length
I am aware that I can specify, using validation, that a specific cell can have a maximum number of characters. However this only brings up an error message and gives the option of cancel or re-try. Is there a way of stopping the text being typed at the moment the number of characters reaches the desired maximum number without the need to retry or cancel? Hi AFAIK this is not really possible as no macro an run while editing a cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mickjj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:37b501c4aaf0$6415cdc0$a...

CString max size?
What is max size (number of characters/bytes) for CString? Can I safely store 20 MB in it? Thanks. Hello Oliver, Thanks for posting in the group. The source code of CString could be found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\SRC\STRCORE.CPP. From it, we can see that: void CString::AllocBuffer(int nLen) // always allocate one extra character for '\0' termination // assumes [optimistically] that data length will equal allocation length { ASSERT(nLen >= 0); ASSERT(nLen <= INT_MAX-1); // max size (enough room for 1 extra) if (nLen == 0) Init(); ...

max
Dear All, I am wondering if anybody can help me with this. I need to take some information from Table 1 to a new table which I am working on. For example, for "apple" in column A, I would like to find the highest number (30) in Column B and return the correspnonding text in Column C (a2) to the new table. Table 1 columnA ColumnB ColumnC apple 2 a1 apple 30 a2 apple 15 a3 apple 6 a4 apple 12 a5 apple 9 a6 banana 3 b1 banana 10 b2 orange 2 o1 orange 1 o2 cherry 10 c1 peanut 20 p1 peanut 50 p2 peanut 25 p3 tomato 2 t1 tomato ...

min query
Hi, How do I get the 2nd minimum value and the 3rd minimum from a table after I have done MIN query for the 1st minimum value? SELECT dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN, Min(dbo_CON.SQ) AS MinOfSQ FROM dbo_CON GROUP BY dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN HAVING (((dbo_CON.SC)<>49)); Thanks, Hi Jerry, This will give me three different SC SN records. I am looking for same SC SN records that has next min SQ. table SC SN SQ 1 100 1 1 100 2 1 100 3 1 100 ...

More on MAX
In a column of data covering several years - e.g. the daily yield of the 30 year bond - finding the maximum yield figure in hundreds of entries would be laborious and subject to error; is there a way to get the cell identification using MAX? That is, the precise cell ID as in C3456? Knowing the entry number is a beginning, but can it be used in other than a manual fashion? If we know that the MAX number is entry number 3102 in a coluumn of 5000 entries, how useful is that knowledge? =ADDRESS(MATCH(MAX(A1:A500),A1:A500,0),1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel &qu...

Max no of row
I have to import really big spreadsheet and Excel does not bring the whole rows. What is the maximum number of rows that can be imported ? Taeho, >What is the maximum number of rows that can be imported ? You can import as many as you like but each worksheet in Excel can only have 65536 rows. If you need more, you'll have to split your data into separate worksheets or maybe use Access. John Taeho Lee wrote: > I have to import really big spreadsheet and Excel does > not bring the whole rows. What is the maximum number of > rows that can be imported ? ...

Use the Second Max Value in a Formula????
I have looked thru the forum to find this answer and all I can see is how to pull more that one amount of max values to be displayed in a report. I need to actually use the top two values(dates) from one table to pull the records from another table. This is what I currently have: SELECT TrainingCourses.TrnCrsID, TrainingAttending.Staff_Id, TrainingTopics.Topic, TrainingCourses.DTGoCourse, TrainingCourses.TrnTpId FROM ([Staff Query] INNER JOIN TrainingReportStaffDatesCrosstab ON [Staff Query].StaffId = TrainingReportStaffDatesCrosstab.StaffId) INNER JOIN (TrngInstructors INNER...