Matrix

I have a matrix, lets say 10 down and 10 across.  I want to be able to type
lets say one through 10 in one cell from the column, and then one through 10
in another cell from the across column, and I want the 3rd cell to give me
the intersection of those two cells.. So for example, the matrix looks like
this..
    1   2    3
1  5  10   5
2  7   8    9
3  4   3    2

and when I type 2 in the first cell and 3 in the next cell I want the result
to be 9!

Thank you all for helping me..
Eyad

With your example data list in A1:D4,
And you type the 2 in E1,
And you type the 3 in E2,

Try this:

=INDEX(A1:D4,MATCH(E1,A1:A4,0),MATCH(E2,A1:D1,0))

To return the 9.
--

HTH,

RD

"Attempt at solving a Matrix Problem?" <Attempt at solving a Matrix
Problem?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a matrix, lets say 10 down and 10 across.  I want to be able to type
lets say one through 10 in one cell from the column, and then one through 10
in another cell from the across column, and I want the 3rd cell to give me
the intersection of those two cells.. So for example, the matrix looks like
this..
    1   2    3
1  5  10   5
2  7   8    9
3  4   3    2

and when I type 2 in the first cell and 3 in the next cell I want the result
to be 9!

Thank you all for helping me..
Eyad

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/14/2005 11:35:37 PM
Let A1:D4 house the sample, with A1 empty.

If B1:D1 and A2:A4 are in ascending order:

=INDEX($B$2:$D$4,MATCH(2,$A$2:$A$4,1),MATCH(3,$B$1:$D$1,1))

would return 9.

If the sort order cannot be met, change the match-type of 1 to 0 in the
MATCH bits.

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.

matrix or lot matrix
I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store. It was suggested that I use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different ways but use the same UPC code. For instance, six packs and singles have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different QTY and Price. The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price depending on the TEMP. The six packs and singles are children of the warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product is received. I've read in some other...

Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. In at least some cases the (case within case) method might be faster depending upon whether or not memory is reduced enough to more than offset the higher case statement overhead to increase cache locality of reference. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com...

Matrix
I have a matrix, lets say 10 down and 10 across. I want to be able to type lets say one through 10 in one cell from the column, and then one through 10 in another cell from the across column, and I want the 3rd cell to give me the intersection of those two cells.. So for example, the matrix looks like this.. 1 2 3 1 5 10 5 2 7 8 9 3 4 3 2 and when I type 2 in the first cell and 3 in the next cell I want the result to be 9! Thank you all for helping me.. Eyad With your example data list in A1:D4, And you type the 2 in E1, And you type the 3 in E2, Try this:...

sorting matrix data
I have a matrix that returns the volume by month of certain items. The months represent the colum data. How do I sort the data that appears in month column "today's month -7"? Please help. See if that helps you http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627509.aspx "dataGirl" <dataGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:548C4B6F-84C1-4114-8B29-79B8C53837B1@microsoft.com... >I have a matrix that returns the volume by month of certain items. The > months represent the colum data. How do I sort the data that appears in >...

matrix
Hi! Is there any way to create larger than 3x3 matrices in vc++.net. The built in Matrix class creates only 3x3. Thanks in advance Regards Hi > Is there any way to create larger than 3x3 matrices in vc++.net. The built > in Matrix class creates only 3x3. i think you should create your own class for such purpose. i.e, you can create martix of matrixes: each element of such matrix should be matrix too. maybe it will help you. Regards, Robert ...

How do I find the determinant to a 3x8 matrix in Excel?
I'm trying to figure this out for school and am trying to avoid using the Solver tool. In Help search for <matrix> Why would you even think of Solver for this? Please tell us what mark we get for your homework. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0945D8B7-74B8-4B1E-B09A-140DDA6B583C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to figure this out for school and am trying to avoid using the > Solver tool. Doesn't the matrix need to be square? -- Cordially, Chip...

Matrix / Lot Matrix items
I have a few questions around a Matrx item and where to use them. Are matrix items specifically for categorization in the Store Administrator or do they reap some benefit in the POS (front end) itself as well? I am trying to determine their usage beyond categorization and configuration. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1261_01C723CC.062E32E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mhodgdon, It gives you a list of options to select the proper item. Sel...

Matrix Input
I have an 8x8 matrix and I want to enter values into the matrix. So I would like to enter the values by Row, so that I don't have to input 64 times. The inputs are variables. So the first Row would be Matrix(Row = 1, ) = 1, x*5, X^3, 1, 8, .... Is there a way to do this? Thanks ...

MATRIX
Anyone have a matrix add-on that does NOT use up all the subdescription fields? We are already using those fields for BRAND, MANUFACTURER ITEM NUMBER, and MANUFACTURER CODE. I cannot believe there is not a specific field for color and size. Just about every item has that! A supplier is not a brand. A supplier is not always the manufacturer. A Manufacturer generally has many brands. The supplier's number is not the manufacturer's number (for comparison purposes). There should be a named field for MANUFACTURER NAME, MANUFACTURER ID, BRAND, COLOR, & SIZE. the ad-hoc fields c...

Matrix Sales
Anyone have a DETAILED SALES BY MATRIX report? Yes as part of our Matrix Bundle add-on. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Luminox" <Luminox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B67EB1D-AA38-4FAD-8683-5B3E9FFFE742@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a DETAILED SALES BY MATRIX report? Please do provide more information. "Afshin Alikhani" wrote: > Yes as part of our Matrix Bundle add-on. > > Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] > CEO - Retail Realm > = = = = = = = = = = >...

Matrix/array question
I am trying to demonstrate the effect of changing scores on a cumulative total. My table has 7 categories. Each category has a weight factor of between 1 and 4, and can receive a score between 1 and 5. I want to create a table showing all the possible combinations of scores, to show what effect any change in score in one category will have on the total score. I realize that I will get 78,125 results, but I can then summarize them to show the overall effects. What formula would give me these results, or is there even a way to do it? My categories are a2:a8, weights are b2:b8, and scores ...

Matrix
Hi all, I have two two ranges (one column) named mat1 and mat2. I Choose Insert/Name/Define and Name in Workbook: Three Refers To: =mat1,mat2 I can utilize this new name for my graphic but I can't see this new range in my worksheet. {=Three} don't work ? Thanks, Serge Hi Serge - Here are a few tricks. 1. In the Define Names dialog (shortcut: Ctrl+F3), select the name, then click in the Refers To formula, and the range will be outlined with the moving dashed line. 2. Select Go To from the Edit menu (shortcut: Ctrl+G), and type the name of your unseen range in the ...

visualizing a matrix
I have 3 columns of data. Two are row,column positions in a matrix. The third column is 0,1 values for each row,column position. I basically want to plot a matrix where the 1's are ON and the 0's are not plotted. The XY Scatter option in Excel does some of this but it's not quite what I need. Any suggestions please? Excel 2007 PivotChart http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/04_21_10a.xlsx Pdf preview: (2 pgs) http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j4j0mtdwzt/04_21_10a.pdf ...

Creating a matrix from columns
I have an Excel Sheet A with 3 columns. Col A=Site; Col B=Part; Col C=Quantity. Rows of site and parts data are added daily and may contain the same site or same part number along with quantities for each row in Col C. I then create Sheet B with unique sites and unique parts so that I now have a matrix of unique sites in Col A and unique parts (transposed)in Row 1. In the data cells of the matrix, I need to know how to reference back to the Sheet A to summarize the quantities (Col C) of each unique part located at each unique site (VLOOKUP? SUMIF? Some other database function?) Any...

Matrix?
Hello all I am looking for the best way to generate a report that is based off data that needs to have dynamic columns but static rows. I was told use a matrix just wanted to know if this is correct and any good examples out there.. TIA Hello, Brian, My guess is that a simple 2-dimensional matrix will not be ideal for your requirement. But a 1-dimensional array can contain other 1-dimensional arrays as its elements, a "ragged" array might be what you want. But it is possible that the ideal solution will be some other type - perhaps a custom class. If you can pr...

Lot Matrix Problem
Have an eval version of SO. Defined lot a matrix for soda (single can, six-pack, 12-pack). My understanding is that when class look-up code is scanner, system should display lot matrix selection window. However, when I select the class look-up code, POS crashes with an error code "Invalid property value, run-time error 308". I checked the properties and nothing appears questionable. If I select one of the sub-items within lot matrix, things work ok. Are there any special that steps need to be followed? - Elizabeth ejones1900@yahoo.com Elizabeth, Is this a 308 or...

What is the Matrix
Hi All, When I install the Microsoft Outlook Client and I start MS Outllook, I get the following message: "The Microsoft CRM Outlook client needs to be upgraded before it can continue to be used. Microsoft CRM will be disabled this clinet. Contact your system administrator for upgrade instructions." Please help me, because when I Google this message I can't find the solution. Thanks, B�lent U�ar On Feb 21, 12:25 pm, "Excalibur" <excalibur1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > When I install the Microsoft Outlook Client and I start MS Outllook, I ...

How to use matrix operations to create a "lag value" matrix
Let's suppose I've got an array that has values 100,200,300,400. What could I do w/ matrix formulas to implicitly construct a 4x4 matrix that looks like: 1,2,3,4 0,1,2,3 0,0,1,2 0,0,0,1 The above is just a wedge that has each row "lagged" from the previous. I can do it explicitly by creating the lag matrix w/ lookup functions right on the sheet, but curious if I might be able to do it right in the formulas. That way I'd avoid the burden of creating lots of utility calculation areas in the workbook. (Aside - use case: These matrices are instrumental to modeling cumul...

Matrix and calculations
Good evening to all of you... Is it a challenge? Check this out I would like to perform some calculations in a spreadsheet where I have a matrix, for instance (column A= group, column b= subgroup, column C=turnover and the values in A1=1, B1=3...) A B C D E 1 1 3 100 2 1 3 100 3 1 2 50 4 1 2 50 5 2 1 100 6 2 1 100 7 3 2 100 I would like to create a summary table using a matrix and have the following Group Sub Group Occurences Turnover 1 3 2 20...

serialized item in matrix
1)When i try to serialize the items in Matrix i have to serialize each item individually. 2)When i put quantity in matrix item and then i have to individually serialize the item, the quantity doubles from its real value. Is there a way to serialize all the items at once in "Matrix item" option? Thanks If you use the RR Fashion Bundle Add-on it allows you to create Matrix / Serialized Items. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27D768DB-9...

Excel Matrix
How do you creat diagonal headings in Excel. How do you make the column headings slant diagonally? Thank you Select the cells with headings in them. Go to Format > Cells > Alignment and under "Orientation" select the degrees you want it slanted. -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Mike Denton" <dentonma@bp.com> wrote in message news:00b001c36033$0c03f390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you creat diagonal headings in Excel. How do you > make the column headings slant diagonally? > > Thank you if you want it to look like \ \ \ \ \...

Checkbox Matrix based on tables
I'd appreciate any help someone could give me on this. I have 3 Tables - one is a product definition table, it contains Product_ID, Product_Description Another is a usage definition table, it contains Usage_ID, Usage Definition last I have a Person_Product_Usage table, it contains Person_ID,Product_ID,Usage_ID for each person record form, I want a matrix of check boxes, usage down the left, product across the top, and the check box checked if there is an entry in the person_product_usage table, that corresponds to that usage and product. Since my data is not based on one field corresp...

Lot Matrix Import
I currently have a customer that has all Lot Matrix Items. I need to import these items into Store Operations and the QSImport does not work well with Lot Matrix Items, does anyone have or know of any import routine that I can use for Lot Matrix Items into RMS SO? Thank you for your help. -- Anthony We have a piad utility that can be used over and over again to do catalogue import as well as data import. Please contact me for price and functionality. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli...

Matrixed timeline
I'm a new user to visio and trying to determine if there is a template out there for creating an 18month timeline for multiple projects The Timeline template in the Project Schedule category should work great for this. You can drag out as many timelines as you need onto the drawing. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56457910-5EDB-4989-91AD-7F896465773C@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user ...

Lot Matrix Error
All the lot matrixes imported from Quicksell give me an error, same error as when I delete and try to create a LM from scractch: Run time error '380' Invalid Property Value Anyone know what is happening? Did you install any service packs or Hotfixes, or just install from the CD? The version on the CD had a Lot Matrix error that was fixed in a hotfix over a year ago... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgro...