Maths Fonts #2

Anyone got any suggestions for a free Maths truetype font?  I've tried
googling but nothing
Sue
0
sue (191)

Are you looking for a particular font called "Maths" or a font that
contains math symbols?  If the latter, what symbols do you need?

Jerry

Sue wrote:

> Anyone got any suggestions for a free Maths truetype font?  I've tried
> googling but nothing
> Sue

0
post_a_reply (1395)
10/26/2005 4:15:14 AM
I'm looking for Maths symbols, but some of the more unusual ones, it's for my
son who is doing advanced maths so not sure exactly what he needs, except it
must include some of the text symbols like the "because" symbol.
Sue

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

> Are you looking for a particular font called "Maths" or a font that
> contains math symbols?  If the latter, what symbols do you need?
>
> Jerry
>
> Sue wrote:
>
> > Anyone got any suggestions for a free Maths truetype font?  I've tried
> > googling but nothing
> > Sue

0
sue (191)
10/26/2005 4:20:06 AM
Have you tried a google search for "math fonts" or something like that?
I remember coming across an MIT math fonts set that contained several
sets of mathematical symbols.  I haven't explored it thoroughly, but it
may contain what you need.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22181

One possibility is Math Ext font from
   http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wptoword.html

Jerry

MrShorty wrote:

> Have you tried a google search for "math fonts" or something like that?
> I remember coming across an MIT math fonts set that contained several
> sets of mathematical symbols.  I haven't explored it thoroughly, but it
> may contain what you need.

0
post_a_reply (1395)

metrologic scanpal 2
Hi all, is there anyone who is using/tried to use MEtrologic Scanpal 2 with RMS? how is it working with RMS, good, fair? do you have to download a txt file and import them to RMS? thanks, Kursat You will have to import a text file to RMS. I do not have experience with the ScanPal 2 and RMS, but with another software package. I did not care for the ScanPal, my experience was that in a retail environment with bright florescent llighting, I found it difficult to get a good read (successful scan) with it. "ProNY" wrote: > Hi all, > is there anyone who is using/tried to ...

Default font setting...
Good Morning, everyone, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays... I'd like to set the default font, established when Visio launches, to something other than 12 point Arial. Any easy way to do this? Thanks! Al Hi Al, In Visio, this is all really document-centric. You could make a copy of a template that you use often and redefine the Normal style. (go to Format > Define Styles...) Or redifine other styles that the shapes typically use. If you're just talking about a Blank New Drawing, you might be able to find it in this directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio1...

Incorrect Simple Math
61.48-61.42=0.0599999999999952 Why? This happens frequently in various formulas. 66555.54-66081.35=474.189999999988 What is going on? Surely I'm not the only one that has noticed this? -- mklalli ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mklalli's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483140 This is simply round-off error. The result of the calculation is not exact and corresponds to the nearest value that can be represented by the IE...

Mail Forward #2
Hello, I want to forward mails from abc@xyz.com to rays@test.com & sti@test.com in the Exchange Server. We are running windows 2000 exchange server. I wanted to know whether I can set up this option in the server. As I know that I can set up in the Client (Rules wizard). Thanks, Regards, Rajesh Iyer Read this article: "How to Forward/redirect Mail to Another Mailbox or to an External Email Address" http://www.msd2d.com/Content/Tip_viewitem_03NoAuth.aspx?section=Exchange&category=Email&id=c2caa8a0-ccd8-4bf3-baa6-117968be9543 -- Blog "subject: exchange"...

Outlook 2002 SP3 #2
Just recently a user of mine, has some issues with outlook 2002 with SP3 applied. Everytime he goes to read an email it displays a blank page, untill he hits respond, then the entire email shows up along with the option to type something and respond to the email. Also he uses the preview panel and emails sitting in his inbox appear blank as well in his preview plane. Any help is greatly appreciated. The only change this user when thru recently was a domain migration, although the other 5 users that moved with him, don't have this problem, nor the other users already on that d...

Turning a EXE into a DLL #2
I am new to VC ++ so I am in need of some help. I have an application written in vb.net and VB. The VB.NET application is using a control that leaks memory and I am trying to eliminate or greatly reduce this leak. So I am transfering it to C++. I have gotten it working as a MFC application using the VS 2003. Now I need to convert it to a DLL that I can call from a VB6 application. I have reviewed all sorts of information about how this is suppose to work. The main object from this is that the EXE has a dialog screen open with a bunch of buttons attached to it. I need to pass some param...

Content library problem #2
Hi all - Publisher 2007. I write a newsletter twice a year. Since I use many of the same elements on the back page every time, I erased the volatile areas, then did a Save All on the page, and added it to the Content Library. But when I bring the page back in from the Content Library to a new, blank page, the paragraph spacing on the paragraphs has changed and left me with text boxes in an overflow condition. Am I doing something wrong? Craig ...

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

outlook mail #2
instead of getting the microsoft mail coming up from control panel i get internet mail. I want microsoft what can i de Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Set the e-mail program to be Microsoft Outlook. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "euran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c501c3b909$a37f0280$a001280a@phx.gbl... > instead of getti...

To use actual Bold/Italic fonts not appearing in style toolbar?
It is necessary to use the actual bold, italic and bold/italic fonts instead of pushing the "B" or "I" button on the style toolbar, to prepare a file for commercial printing. Those choices do not appear in that window on my toolbars eventhough they are found in the fonts folder in Windows. How can I access these fonts? I will be saving this publication as a PDF for the commercial printer. I believe it is the way Publisher handles fonts. Publisher creates faux italic and bold when the font you are using doesn't actually have bold or italic attributes. -- Mary Sau...

Maintaining fonts during a move/copy
Using Pub2003 on XP system: How do you maintain the same font and font size in a text box when either moving the text box or copying the contents of a text box to a new document? Thanks much. Open the Font Schemes, apply a font scheme to the text box. Or format the painter tool. I am not sure what you are trying to do. If you copy/paste a text box, the font doesn't change. Are you using a template? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:evbql$z2HHA.5...

2 emails being sent by some users
Hello- NT 4.0 Server SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 Some of my users clients are receiving duplicate email from some users. When I look at the Internet Mail Service Queues I see my test emails to another email account of mine still sitting in the Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion although I have already received the message. When I click on the details of my message it states for a retry immediate, but I have yet to receive a second email, but am wondering if this may be why some users clients are receiving two emails. But if I have already received the message why is it still in ...

My maths failing?
Given - interest calculated daily, paid monthly. no interest change in this timescale. Quoted rates are Annual rate 5.34% gross = AER 5.45% (less 20% tax from both rates, = NET) THOUGHT it would be a relatively simple matter to forward calculate, in round terms. Calculated the # of days in each interest period, divided the (NET) interest by that, to arrive at the average daily interest earned for each period. Given the capital is only increased by the net interest, I would have expected this average "daily" interest to be a regular small upward progression - NOT SO. Short...

Exchange crashing #2
Good afternoon, I am having a problem with my exc. 2003 server. upon booting -up it works fine for a short while but after 30min or so, no-one can login. the ex. services are all running but when you get an error when you open up sys. manager. the app. event log gave me this error: Process STORE.EXE (PID=2820). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. what can be causing this and how can i fix it, Thanks. -- Colin Camp There must be more errors than that in the log. What are the Event IDs? Topology Discovery failures are typically an indication of AD problems. You could run dc...

#VALUE! Error #2
Why does the following formula give me a #VALUE! error? =IF(AND(OR(E7="E-120-D",E8="E-120-D",E9="E-120-D",E10="E-120-D",E11="E-120-D",E12="E-120-D",E13="E-120-D",E14="E-120-D",E15="E-120-D",E16="E-120-D"),OR("38X12","40X12","42X12","44X12","46X12","48X12","50X12","52X12","54X12","56X12","58X12","60X12","62X12","64X12","66X12","68X12",&qu...

Fonts Inside of Cells
Greetings, I am trying to change the font and size the displayed results of a formula. I have these four cells (A1, B1, C1 and D1) that I bring together into another cell, A10. I would like the first reference to be 14 points, bold and the rest to be 10 point non-bold, What I have in A10 so far is: =IF(A1=0,"",A1)&CHAR(10)&IF(B1=0,"",B1)&IF(C1=0,""," "&C1)&CHAR(10)&IF(D1=0,"",D1) This produces three line all the same font and size. (The IF statement are to check if there is anything in the four cell,and remove th...

Recurring Payments #2
I am new to GP after using Navision for 8 years. In Navision I had a monthly recurring batch that posted all my Pre authorized Lease and Loan payments. I have tried to do this with scheduled payments in GP but I dont see how it will handle the GST on a monthly basis. I can use a recurring entry in Financial as it does not update my Bank Rec. I must be missing something. Thanks Kim I'm not sure what GST means but try using a Recurring Batch instead of scheduled payments. "Kylkat" wrote: > I am new to GP after using Navision for 8 years. > In Navision I had a monthl...

OnInitDialog #2
Hi all, I was playing with a dialog box (VC6), when something strange happened; In the OnInitDialog haandler, I called ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Then, instead of appearing centered, the dialog box appeared at the upper left corner of the screen. So, I tried something: I removed the ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); (the box went back centered) and instead I added this : RECT r; GetWindowRect(&r); Then, the debugger showed a RECT at the upper left corner, at (0; 0), and the window appeared centered. I did these experiments with an empty new MFC Dialog project. This is puzzling me. Anyone has an ...

excel maths
I have to create a vehicle service record and I wish to have the service interval of 6000 miles automatically added to the current milage.I wish to do this horizontally eg. a b c d e 1 14 6014 2 6020 12020 a = milage at service e = next service due Is there a way to write a formula for any number entered in the a column that adds 6000 and places it in e.Many thanks to anybody who can assist Here is a simple formula that will do that for you: =IF(AND(A2>1),A2+6000) "Cyclops" ...

ToolTipText Font
Is the ToolTipText Font fixed across country version character sets? What is the ToolTipText Fontname for US? Can we change the ToolTipText Font? How? The font is a system setting. To change in XP: Control Panel>Display>Appearance tab>Advanced button>select Tooltip in the Item Combo list. Regards FM > Is the ToolTipText Font fixed across country version character sets? > What is the ToolTipText Fontname for US? > Can we change the ToolTipText Font? How? Bee wrote: > Is the ToolTipText Font fixed across country version character sets? ...

Powerful VIDEO REVEALS MILLIONAIRES SECRETS! #2
Millionaire explains how you can Start a Business and Make Thousands before the New Year! Watch this amazing video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1dPs8lKgE Then go to my Website and TAKE YOUR FREE TOUR TODAY! http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...

CRM Installation Problem #2
Hi There, Im trying to Install CRM 4.0 and I keep getting this error: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed. Could not find GUID for server: CRM$ Can someone help? I tried installing it with a domain admin and still no luck. The App Server is 2008R2 DB Server 2008 IIS 7.0 Thanks for your help! Submitted via EggHeadCafe LINQ executed in Parallel (PLINQ) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/042c0b06-95f2-4944-9b52-46be6eeb3e7d/linq-executed-in-parallel-plinq.aspx ...

Right Triangle math #2
Sure my glidepath angle is 3 degrees. I am 69 inches tall. so i'll hav to set up the instrument @ eye level, say 67". i want to know ho far out from the tangent point i have to set up the equipment in feet +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ex.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2727 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- RKAMA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RKAMAN's Profile: ...

Exchange 2007 and 2 domain names
Hi! I have two companies within one mothercompany. The people at the selloffice works for both companies and also recieves email to both domains user@a.com and user@b.com. The problem is that they need to reply and send as the right company. Is this possible in exchange 2007. I dont wanna make a diffrent mailbox and do the send on behalf. I just wanna have all users running one mailbox and should email as both user@a.com and user@b.com. Best regards Jimmy Hi Jimmy, if you don't want to create an additional mailbox then it's possible only with a little add-on...

Default font in Outlook replies
Greetings. I am using Microsoft Outlook. I have the default set to the blue screen and white letters, and I have, I thought, it set to HTML, however, when I hi 'Reply', I get the blue screen, but black letters, as if it is picking up the font color of the letter I am reply to. Aslo, I seen in the little box near the top that it says that I am reply in 'Plain Text' when I want to reply with html. I have spent a long time tryint to correct this but, ugh...no avail. Please advise. On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:22:01 -0700, Celticson <Celticson@discussions.microsoft.com>...