Mathmatical formula help needed

Does anyone know how to write a formula to convert time card punche
into payroll friendly numbers?  I dont need to figure out how man
hours an employee has worked, that is already done.  I just need t
convert the time worked to a number usable by payroll.  I will b
dealing with numbers like 27.48 that need to be rounded to the neares
thenth of an hour.  I have found lots of charts that show what to roun
to at what times, but I dont want to use Vlookup for this.  Is there
simple formula for this?
Thanks,
Kingtrito

Hi Kingtriton,

Use the ROUND function:

=ROUND(27.48,1) returns 27.5
=ROUND(A1,1)

Biff

card punches
>into payroll friendly numbers?  I dont need to figure out
how many
>hours an employee has worked, that is already done.  I
just need to
>convert the time worked to a number usable by payroll.  I
will be
>dealing with numbers like 27.48 that need to be rounded
to the nearest
>thenth of an hour.  I have found lots of charts that show
what to round
>to at what times, but I dont want to use Vlookup for
this.  Is there a
>simple formula for this?
>Thanks,
>Kingtriton
>

>---
>
>.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
1/23/2004 4:49:09 AM
Hi,

If you could send some examples about what is the original figure and
what it should look like, this would be much easier.

To round a number to its nearest tenth, you can use

=ROUND(27.48,1)  in newer excels (2k, xp and 2003 I think)

or

=INT(27.48*10+0.5)/10   which should work in all excel version.

- Asser

---

VLOOKUP Formula
Hi, I have a workbook, one sheet for purchase orders, which collects data from the Stocklist sheet (excel 2003). I want to insert a vlookup formula into cell B10 of the PO, dependant upon a code i type into cell A10 of the PO, which brings across the corresponding description, then the same formula, ammended, to bring across the corresponding size into D10, price into E10. I tried this but it had too many arguments: =IF($A$10="","",VLOOKUP(StockList!$A10,$A10:$H10015,COLUMNS($A$3:B10),2,0)) -- Regards, Sarah Just remove the 2 at the end: =IF($A10="",...

Formulas between workbooks
I have financial year data from July 1 06 to June 30 07 in one workbook and have started another workbook, today, July 1st, with the months July07 through to June 08. I used the same formula as I did in the original. I made a name in Name Manager and told it the value =SUM(June08:July07!$F$200) meaning I wanted all those 12 sheets to have the value at F200 added together and that cell with the Financial YTD values to have the total. In that cell to have that total, I have the name manager name TOTALIN as =SUM(TOTALIN) which worked in the first workbook. It doesn't work at all in th...

basic addition of formulae
I wonder if somebody could tell me with a basic addition problem. I put a formula in a cell, to say total 2 other cells e.g =sum(a1 x a2 ) or 42.5 x .057 The sum of the formulated cell is 24.225. I then format the cell to 2 x decimal places....24.23... If I then total a complete column of these formulae ( using an addition formula) and format to 2 x decimal places the answer given is incorrect. The computer still thinks it is totalling to the number places it goes to...in this example 3 rather than the rounded up/down number formatted. This means that I can't total money accurratel...

Help! Item with Back Order Qty not picking up on Purchase Advice R
Our employee in charge of purchasing came to me this morning with a dilemma. There is an item with a back order qty of 1 but the item never showed up on the purchase advice report. This is an item we don't want to stock so there is no min or max set up for it. In the Item Resource Planning Maintenance window here are the settings for this item: Order Policy: Not Planned Fixed Order Qty: 0 Order Point Qty: 0 Order-Up-To Level: 0 Replenishment Method: Buy all the other fields are set to 0 with the exception of the "Order Qty Modifiers" section which has a "Multiple&...

Macro help (last row)
Hello: I have recorded a macro to do a certain function everyday. The column formatting for the macro is the same everyday but the number of rows that it contains may differ from day to day. I do not know how to do visual basic and have recorded the macro by doing the functions needed. The problem is that it records where to start deleting the rows just from that one days file and I need it to be shorter or longer depending on the number of rows there are in the file for that day. Can you please help? Try this: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=417 ************ Anne T...

Need to populate data from different sheet.
I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet (separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected branch name. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 57. If you enter numbers (1 to 9 in any order) into worksheet_1 cells A2 to A10 it will pull back the corresponding values into worksheet_1 cells B2 to B10. The, "translation table" ...

Office updates have been failing for me. Help!
This is the log for my failed Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter update. Also, the latest security update for Word 2003 failed as well. Any ideas? Starting the log on 06/20/2006 at 22:19:23... Loading the resource .dll... Reading the settings... The settings are: IsNormalUpdate=1 AdminUsesShortFilenames=1 AdminPath="" MessageTitle="Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB917149)" CopyFilesToRerun=1 ShowSuccessDialog=1 RebootInQuietMode=0 RunSetupWatson=1 RequireAllPatchesNeeded=0 RequireAllP...

Why do I not need any boxing here
Hi! public static void Main() { //Here i is boxed. This is easy to understand. int i = 44; Object o = i; ArrayList alist = new ArrayList(); alist.Add(44); //Here I read the element from the ArrayList using object but where will the unbox take place ??? // It must be done somewhere either in the foreach or in the WriteLine. foreach (object o in alist) { Console.WriteLine(o); } //Here how is it possible to read from the ArrayList when there only exist object because the int was boxed ? foreach (int i in alist...

Translating Dialog text
Hello, Firstly I am new to MFC so apologies for what is I am assuming a very basic question! Summary: I am writing an MFC application which contains one simple dialog and up to 6 message boxes. I need to provide the application in both English and German. The dialog contains a title and static text, both of which will need to be translated. The buttons on the dialog will also need to be translated. The 6 message boxes contain text to be translated, titles to be translated and the button names must also be transated. In total there will only be about 10 strings to be translated. My questions ...

Help! send/receive button won't work
Hello, I have just reinstalled Outlook 2002 after uninstalling the evaluation version of Office 2003. When I click the send/receive button on the toolbar of Outlook I get a message in a popup outlook dialogue box "the operation failed". The history: I have just completed the evaluation of Office 2003. When I installed the evaluation version it overwrote outlook 2002 with ver. 2003. This did not happen with any of the other applications such as word, excel etc. In fact if I remember correctly at the time of installation it gave me the choice and I said I wanted access to O...

HELP!!! EXCEL!!!
I need help from someone who knows alot of windows and excel. I had something very important saved to Excel, and I went to open it, and there was an error, saying do chkdsk.exe, so i did that. Now when I open the file in excel, it opens but its in turkish or weird writing, if i change it to English, its still not my work its a bunch of letters and boxes. How do I get my work back??? Please email me at nceantonio@yahoo.com... thank you Christina ...

how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet
how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet? I tried to this->m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; this->m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_NOAPPLYNOW; this->m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_NOCONTEXTHELP; the "Apply" button can be removed, but the "Help" button still existed, hwo to remove it? Thank you very much! ZhangZQ Have you looked at MSDN article Q141039? "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ox7Bmt5oDHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet? > > I tried to > t...

Help needed ASAP
When I make deposits into my business checking account, they show up correctly as income on my profit/loss statements. However, on my MSMoney home page, I have Business Snapshot as one of my views. On the revenue line, it is zero. Why? When I click on the Year to Date Revenue link, it correctly shows my Profit and Loss statement with the correct amount under Total Net Sales and Gross Profit. Why doesn't this translate into the Year to Date Revenue line? ...

publisher 97 to 2002 PLEASE HELP
we have documents on the 97 version of publisher; can we transfer those to 2002 version? please help Publisher 97 will open perfectly in all versions up to the current Publisher 2003. The WordArt will not function correctly, but you can get a utility to download from the Publisher downloads to convert the existing Publisher 97 WordArt into a graphic. No other issues. -- ...

Help! My only Windows server died.
I am in a Mac heavy environment. There is a windows 2000 server that was here before I was. It served not only as the DC, but as the exchange server as well. Unfortunately, it died a mysterious death overnight and couldn't be rebooted without reinstalling the OS. I was able to reinstall 2000 Server, and all of the data (priv.edb and pub.edb) seems to be intact. However, what can I do to ensure it stays that way when reinstalling Exchange 2000. This is the only windows machine active in production on-site, but everyone depends on it for mail. I would like to at the very least recover...

Formula =CUBEVALUE shows no value on calculated element
pivottables shows the right value on a calculated element (Sum(PeriodsToDate([Perioden].[Level 01],[Perioden].CurrentMember), [Measures].[Wert]) but converting to formula does not show any value. Only when I change the reference "$B$1" in the formula into the element name "[perioden]. [mrz 2007]", the right value shows up. Perioden is a Parent-Child Dimension Excel 2007 SP1 and Analysis Services 2000 SP4 any ideas or help would be very appreciated? ...

Existing formula
I'm working with a spreadsheet that was built by someone else and cam across a formula in some of the cells that I'm puzzled by. The formul begins with "=", but the next character is "+", then a reference t another worksheet and cell. The "+" is what I'm wondering about, haven't seen it used in this context before, can someone help me ou here? Some examples of what I'm looking at are: =+Inputs!G9 =+H17-R20 Thanks, wwhit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's an unnecessary character that is there because the person ...

hyperlink help
i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game for a study reference and i need to know if i can set up a hyperlink that will go to a random set of slides instead of only to one slide then to the next. so what i am getting at is how do i randomize the game so when i hit play it is not just one set of questions cause i have over 200 questions but only know how to set up 15 of them. and also once i save the game and quit once i re-open the slideshow all my hyperlinks dissappear. can some one help. On 2/24/10 6:34 PM, zack wrote: > i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game ...

Help
I have 2 checking accounts with my bank. I've been using msn bill pay for the 1st account for quite a while and it works great. I've recently set up the 2nd account and gone thru the verificiation step in msn bill pay. Both accounts show up fine on the msn bill pay site and I've paid a bill via the banks bill pay service from the 2nd account. However, when I try pay a bill from within Money 2007, I only have the option for "write check." Any ideas? I am sorry that I do not have any information to help you other than to say that most all banks that support billpay ...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3.The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a worksheet...

Help with macro or VB to Merge Multiple Columns Of Data Im getting RSI from all the copy and pasting!
I have an application that exports data as below ABSLIVE AGRDEVBACK AGRDEVWEB 26/06/06 1294 26/06/06 1436 26/06/06 399 26/06/06 1299 26/06/06 1439 26/06/06 399 27/06/06 1318 27/06/06 1452 27/06/06 404 This is a sample of six columns . The text in row 1 is in columns 2,4 & 6 The cells in row 1 in columns 1,3 & 6 are empty There are varying numbers columns and rows each time the application exports. All of the dates are consistent across each row I need to convert this to a structure that can be converted into an access database something like this ABSLIVE ...

Pivot Help.. Running Total
I have two pivot data fields: Time Amount Name I've grouped time by Year/Month I've changed my Amount field settings to Average, Running Total in 'Year'. This way I get a YTD average amount for each name. Now, here is my problem. I'd like to know how to set up a field that will calculate the % Difference From the YTD Average for the prior year. It's like a 'double' calculation. Is this possible? Is there a 'calculated field' set up I can use? I tried Calculated item.. but it doesn't work with Averages.. and it is important that I stick with a...

computation problems -- formulas
=E12-(POWER(D12,2)/C12) =c12-1 =SQRT(b16/c13) I want to write the above formulas into one single formula but I keep getting hung up on subtracting 1 from the cell in c12 How do I get the cell c12 to subtract the value of 1, so that it becomes the new value in the equation but is not changing the actual value in c12? Logically: I have 200 in cell c12 I want to subtract 1 from c12 so that the value for computation becomes 199 and then I sqrt the value in cell b16/c12-1. The value in cell c12 remains 200 it does not change I just need to automate that whatever number is in c12 would ...

Help in Developing a Multi-Level Gross Margin Chart
Gross Margin (GM) is a component of two primary variables, Revenue and Cost (COGS). I wish to plot a Line chart with months at the bottom (X-axis) and GM $'s or % on the Y-axis and at the same time reflect changes in both Revenue and COGS per the value of GM per that month. This way one I can plot another Line chart with historical GM (Rev & COGS) and show both components within one data point. Is this possible? ...

Out of office assistant. Help required
Hi, A colleage recently got married, so I renamed her account and email account to her married name. She still receives e-mails to her maiden name address, so I have kept that mailbox. However, she is on holiday and would like the out of office assistant to be setup for her maiden name account. I dont know how to do that. I added a rule with her maiden name, thinking that that would work. But it hasn't. It works fine for her married name, but no her maiden name. All email that is to her maiden and married name, go to the same place. Thanks You have configured an additional SMTP...