Margins do not fit page size! ERROR

Hi

My print/ print preview setings seem to have gone for a loop. I'm
trying to change the page setup to print to 1 page wide & tall. The
actual page is approx 100 rows and columns A-M in width (should not
normally pose a problem). The rows & columns are std. sizes.

When I hit fit to 1 page the following happens: the scaling changes to
10% and Excel fits my document into 1530 pages. On viewing or trying
to drag the page margins to fit to 1 page the error message "Margins
do not fit page size!" appears and man it pops up often!!!!

I noticed that once I've clicked the zoom option it is then
deactivated/ greyed out and the document shrinks on the preview screen
to a thumbnail size page.

Any ideas to get back to normality?

Thanks

Kind regards

Justin

Justin, I have the same problem at work. Our IT Bods
reliably inform me that it is either a problem with the
Printer Driver, or due to the Blaster Virus that is going
round or both!!!! You could try getting a patch for the
virus (if you have it) or re-installing the printer driver

Regards

Error installing WinCE 6.0 R2
After evaluating Platform Builder 6.0 / R2 on my PC for a few month, I recently tried to upgrade to a licensed copy. I uninstalled PB 6.0, SP1 and R2. I even took the precaution of wiping out the WINCE600 folder to remove any stragglers. Following that, I re-installed PB 6.0 and SP1 using the license key I received. Everything went without a hitch until I tried to install R2. The setup tool for R2 mistakenly thought that R2 was already installed. It would bring me to a screen that asked me whether I wanted to uninstall or repair R2. Since I was stuck, I tried to both repair a...

Load full html page
Hello I want to load a page from HTTP, and this page is made up from several URL. If I use CInternetSession::OpenURL(), then I will not get the sub pages. I need a way that let me load the page with all its sub pages. I know that i can use CHtmlView but I don't need a UI in my application. Thanks in advance I am not sure what you mean by sub pages. If you mean links, you will need to traverse the document yourself. If you dont have UI in your application, you can do it by hosting MSHTML. Its same as IWebBrowser2(CHTMLView) but with no UI. Sample TEAR in MSDN shows how to use this. Anoth...

Spell check error in OWA
Hello, I replaced our exchange 2000 server with a new server with exchange 2003 and spell check does not work in OWA. Get error spelling cannot be checked and to try again later. Spell check worked on the old exchange server. Have tried solution in support.microsoft.com/?id=822699, but did not fix the problem. Also when attempting to sign into OWA it uses the name of the old excahnge server instead of the new server. Ex. https://servername.domainname/exchange/username the servername has to be the name of the old Exchange server or you get an Internet Explorer error that the page will ...

Print Frist 2 pages in First Page Tray & others in other pages tra
I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper. Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly. Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print the second page of the document to the headed paper back side. So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed). Need to if this is possible. Code --declare Dim sPrinterName$ Dim sPortName$ Dim nFirstPageTray Dim nOtherPagesTray -- assig...

How do I center word art exactly on the page in Publisher 2003?
Use the Arrange > Align/Distribute buttons. You can tear off the sub-menu to create a toolbar if that makes life easier for you. Then use the Relative to Page option to say to center the object relative to the page, and the Center buttons to centre it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Image Object outside margins on report
I have a report, with a width set to 21.2, and margins set at .2 for both left and right. The report is setup to print in landscape on letter size paper. The width is set this wide so that the report prints 2 pages wide. I have an image object in the upper right corner of the page header, to display a company logo. I have a 2nd image object in the upper right corner of what will be page 2 when printed, outside of the page width, so this same logo will print on the 2nd page. For some reason this image wont print on the 2nd page. Everything else seems to print just fine. If I place a text...

Problem with margins in Publisher 2007
Hello, I am having a difficult time with a flyer that I created quite some time ago in the 2003 version of Publisher. I made a few changes using 2007 and now anything below the bottom 3/4'' won't print. The other margins are the same as the bottom one but it gets cut off when it prints. I created a .pdf to see if it was a printer problem or a Publisher problem and the .pdf comes out with the same part cut off on the bottom of the flyer. I have changed the margins to 0 and still no luck. I have examples if needed. Please help - I have tried everything! Nancii Take a ...

background cleanup attachment errors in exchange 5.5
Hello all Can anybody suggest why this error might occur or whether it is cause for concern I found 821339 in the kb, but it's for exchange 2k. We're using exchange 5.5 Thanks in advance -Shanno Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Privat Event Category: Background Cleanup Event ID: 110 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 1:45:05 P User: N/ Computer: SAGENTEXC Description Error 0xfffff9bf occurred during a background cleanup on attachment 14-A47DFA. You can try brining down the Store and running isinteg. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do ...

Email Errors
This probably should be posted to another group but the skills of this group are tremendous. I send a zipped xls file to 7 receipients. Five receive ok and can read but the other two get binary when they unzip. My Outlook settings are HTML for sending. Are I at fault in my settings or have the two getting binary using incompatible settings? Keep up the good work! Murph If I recall correctly.... Do the recipients with the problems get an attachment with an extension of .dat? If yes, then try changing your email settings to plain text. If no, it may help (others!) if you find out what e...

xs:all, xs:choice, xs:sequence, none seem to fit

JB Bates' Runtime Error 1004 problem
I am using Google Groups to view this forum and my three attempts at responding to this post... http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/c671c861c59d83d9?hl=en keep on disappearing. I've not had this happen before. I have seen the Pick a Pic code stopped by this error several times before. It usually doesn't happen until after a certain number of pictures that it has to process. Sufferers in the past have been happy with my solution, so here it is again. Don't dimension the oPic object as a Picture, dimension it as a Shape. This ...

Installing Publisher 2003, error message 1919 what can I do?
Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro Database exits & that you can access it. I retryed it and I ignored it to no avail. Only cancel worked and then it unloaded all the program that it had been loading. Thanks for any help. Ron "Bake" wrote: > Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 > ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: > Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro >...

margines
how do i make margines unmoveble. i have sean some excels where top block is standing stile while u can scroll down.. how can i do that, please help thanks, krex You should try using freeze panes under Windows on the menubar. Simply activate a cell and select that option. You'll need to experiment with this to determine which cell activated will freeze which rows and columns. Rob "krex123" <krex@hi.hinet.hr> wrote in message news:C082554A-E2DA-4873-84E9-DDE21D1A4306@microsoft.com... > how do i make margines unmoveble. i have sean some excels where top block is stan...

print excel columns on less pages
I have a list of data in 3 columns which prints on 23 pages. I would like to repeat the columns to print on fewer pages. Is there an easier way than cut and paste? I looked into the page setup, but I didn't find anything that would convert the data like Word would to print several columns on one page. Thanks for any suggestions. Excel can't directly do what you want to do. David McRitchie has a macro to do this. See the following website, then look for SnakeCol under articles. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm >-----Original Message----- >I have a list...

Default pane size in QBE.
Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE? I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Thanks.Jack Hudson Hi, Jack.> Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE?Not built into Access. Feel free to use the Windows API to write your own routine to change the QBE grid.> I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to > make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Use the QBE grid to get you started with the t...

Margins
How do I set up margins around cells so there is more space around text in a cell? And how do I keep this as part of my master template, and how avoid having to add this format if I add a row or column, since excel doesn’t seem to keep formats even though I change them from the top or right for the entire row. Everytime I add a new row or column it forgets how I changed the sheet. Do you use a common rowheight for all your rows? If yes, then select all the cells (ctrl-a, (twice in xl2003) and adjust the rowheight of all the rows. If no, then it looks like excel will pick up the row ...

"Error 1304, mnyolog.dll
I previously had MSN money 2003, but since lost it from a virus attack. I purchased MSN money 2004 but it will not install on my Windows XP Home edition. I keep getting: Error 1304, Error writing files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyolog.dll." It will not install. Can anybody help? In microsoft.public.money, MLMattaboy wrote: >I previously had MSN money 2003, but since lost it from a >virus attack. I purchased MSN money 2004 I assume you mean Microsoft Money. > but it will not >install on my Windows XP Home edition. I keep getting: >Error 1304...

Invitations Error
I have been trying to send out calendar invitations (which I have done everyday for years) and all of a sudden the past week I am getting this message... "to be able to send invitations you need to create an address card for yourself in address book" "iCal was unable to send the invitation" Please help. I use this everyday. I created another address card for myself but it still gave me the message. Thanks. This thread tells how to fix it. http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-75570.html Go to "Make this my card" in the card me...

Margins
i have a message that pops up when i try to increase my margins or even just change the page set up. That wont allow me to change anything. It says increasing the right margins causes uneven spacing in the columns which becomes to narrow. ...

setting to page width by default
I have users who like the page width view but hate having to set it every time they open Word. Is there a place to set this as their default view. Word2007. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rockitman" <Rockitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E262844-C0C0-49A8-97F6-065DE3637042@microsoft.com... >I have users who like the page width view but hate having to set it every > time they open Word. Is there a ...

Resizing photos to fit new space
I want to resize a photo to fit in a new space and it doesn’t fit with the photos’ original dimensions. I then go and check with Publisher’s “design checker” and it indicates it doesn’t fit the desired space. I’ve tried, but failed to resize the photo multiple times only to have the same message appear. What can I do to correct the photo’s size problem? Web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim Asbury" <JimAsbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ADBABD7-E116-426A-BBCA-248253...

Error when summing columns
I have a spreadsheet with groups of numbers in columns. Sometimes when i sum the column, Excel rounds the numbers up. For example, I have the following forumula: Value Annual Fee Quarterly Fee 13,311.83 199.68 49.92 1318.78 Answered in your other post I assume. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- There's no 'I' in 'Team'...

User defined charts- font size too small
I saved a user defined chart in Excel. The font size of the titles was saved as 16 pt. When I creste a new chart, using the same user defined chart, the font sizes come up as 4 pt. It somewhat defeats the purpose of having a user defined chart. Any suggestions? -- Bill B Bill, Apparently Excel does not set the chart autoscaling to false before saving the chart as user-defined. As a result, the chart font sizes appear to change when the chart is saved to the file that holds the user-defined charts. To prevent this from happening, activate the chart that you want to save as user-de...

margins
Hi! I am using Publisher 2000 and I am printing to a HP 6127 LaserJet Color Printer. My problems is this: I am creating a brochure, 8.5 by 11, landscape and have set the margins to .3. My printer has nonprinting margins of .25. When I print the brochure the top, bottom and left margins are just fine, but the right margin is approx 1/2 inch. Nothing I do will correct it so it is .3 there also. I have tried to set margins to .5 but it just shifts the right margin even farther (like to .75). I thought it was a printer problem and so I typed up a Word doc and set it for .25 margins and it ...