Map command

Have got Windows XP professional.  Excel used to have the facility to create
a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu
anymore.  Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP?
0
suemkay (1)

Windows XP Professional is an Operating System.

Do you mean Office XP Professional?

If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS
MapPoint software.

Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay"
<suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have got Windows XP professional.  Excel used to have the facility to create
>a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu
>anymore.  Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP?

0
Gord

unhide multiple text boxes at a time after pressing a command button
I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. Something like this: ___________ | ADD TASK | then a text box becomes visible ________________________ | | |________________________| and repeat up to six times So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show can any one help plz. Mike -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com mjquinon via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. > >Something like this: > > ______...

Mapping Data During Import
I'm wanting to take data from one Excel worksheet and import it into another existing worksheet . . . but I want to map the data as it is imported. Is this possible? EXAMPLE: I want to import the data from column "widgets" on one worksheet into the existing column "really cool widgets" on another worksheet. -- Brandon ...

XML Map Refresh on Open
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet stored on SharePoint, I have an XML Map in the workbook that is being generated from another tool (SAS). I can get SAS to drop the updated XML document where it needs to be, have the Connection Properties set to 'Refresh data when opening the file'. The problem however is, the data does not refresh unless I press the 'refresh all' button. I'm using Excel 2007... Any ideas why Excel is not refreshing the data when the spreadsheet is opened from SharePoint? Thx, Casey ...

chart with map underlay / formatting / labels / suggestions?
I am making a chart with a map picture (township map) as the fill effect and the X Y as the data labels. (had difficulty getting the map pic to the right scale) The township map has only a few townships that I will have to plot information/values for. I have moved the labels to the appropriate place on the map but they don't fit well and honestly do not look very good. (even after I change the formatting on them) I thought about having the point (ie specific township)radiate out with the info but could not figure/find how to do it. Or I thought about having the area on the map (ie...

Command Button Problem #2
After installing Service Pack 3 I have a excel spread sheet that includes many command buttons and once you either print or use print preview all of the buttons will move to the very left margin bunching together. This did not happen prior to installing SP3. Has anyone else had a problem with this or no of some type of fix? I have sent 2 feedback emails to Microsoft but have never heard a thing. Yes, this is known SP3 problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838910&Product=xlw -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Opening a sub-form from a command button
I have a sub-form with in a main form. The sub-form opens with the form. I want tthe sub-form to open separtely, such as with a command botton. And if this cannot happen, then I want to delete the sub-form and have the form (that was the sub-form) to open with a command button, but for it to be sized to fit with in the area that the sub-form had opened in. I acually have several sub-forms that open with the main form, each with in their own page. The the database on the server and with multible users, the database slows way down. I want to open each sub-form as needed (ins...

expand grids with one command
I have msft Excel vsn 2002. The single printed page of a spreadsheet is coming out too small to read. Is it possible to expand the grids , both height and width, with a single command for the entire sheet. OR, is it possible to enlarge a sheet before printing? best, Aaron First, I'd make sure that only the range you want to print is being printed. If excel thinks that it should print more rows or columns, you may see very small print. In xl2003 menus, you can change your print range via: Select the range, then File|Print Area|Set print area But if you're just printing a smal...

About wrapping style, inlineshapes,shapes, and command buttons
Hi, I have 2 commandbutton controls ,one with an inLineWithText wrapping style , the other with a different wrapping style, say behind text.Why is one missing the top and left properties?..i know wrapping style has something to do with the inlineshape and shape control but in object browser both commandbutton-s show up as being of commandbutton type thus belonging to commandbutton class; how come they have different properties since they are objects of the same class? what am i missing here? Because one is an Shape, and the other is a InlineShape. The one with BehindText is a Sha...

compact database from command prompt
Hi, I want to schedule compacting access database. How do I execute compact and repair from command prompt? Thanx in advance. alek_mil "alekm" <alekm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47EE233C-9FDB-456D-BF7D-75C74F561540@microsoft.com... > Hi, I want to schedule compacting access database. How do I execute > compact > and repair from command prompt? > Thanx in advance. > > alek_mil From the help file: 1.. Open the folder where Microsoft Access is installed (located by default in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1...

command not found when using excel VBA function format
I have an extensive piece of VBA code that use the format function. The macros run on my development machine and on one other in building. I tried to use the code on an additional computer and got a command not found error. I am assuming that means that there is some file missing on that computer. Can anyone suggest what the specific fiel might be? Thank you On 7 dec, 19:40, OHCQ_DB <OHCQ...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an extensive piece of VBA code that use the format function. =A0Th= e > macros run on my development machine and on one other in b...

Field Mapping to New Entities.
If you have created a field in one of your entities, are you able to display the contents of the field in another entity? If so, how do you do this? It seems as though you can't add the created field? If you map one entity's field to a field on another, the data is transferred at the point of creating the child entity from within the parent entity. For example, if you map an account field to a contact field, the data will move to the contact if you create the contact from within the account. Mapped fields are not updated if you change them in the source entity after the fact...

mapping? columns from one excel workbook to another
I have data with headers in one excel spreadsheet A1 Item Code, A2 Item Description, A3 Department I want to map the column data from A1 to a new worksheet template into column A4 I want to create a macro that will automatically arrange the column info from Worksheet 1, Column A1 into the new workbook under Column A4 under the new correct headers. Any ideas how to begin this process? Thank you Columns are A B C D etc. Rows are 1 2 3 4 etc. A1 A2 A3 A4 are cell references. There is no such thing as Column A1 or Column A4 Please re-describe your needs based ...

Outlook 2000 doesn't print from command line
Hi, I have Office 2000 installed. When i try to print a message file (.msg) from command line with command : outlook.exe /p test.msg it diesn't do anything. No error at all and am unable to print from command line from outlook program which was working fine sometimes back but suddenly it stopped working. However it does work if i open outlook program from GUI and do file- >print. What could be the problem? Why it doen't work from commandline /p switch? Please help Thanks B ...

Open an Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button ...
Looking for a way to open a specific Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button in Excel. If Outlook is not currently running, I also need the code to launch Outlook and then go to the specified folder. Is this possible? Anyone any ideas please? Many thanks for your time. Rob. Here is a sample that would open the Contacts folder. After opening the VBE editor, you would set a reference to Microsoft Outlook nn Object Library (in my case, nn is 11.0). Then the following routine would display the Contacts folder. Sub ShowContacts() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olNS A...

mapping to customerid field
Hi, I have created an entity called "project"; this entity is in fact an entity above opportunitities. Which means 1 project can hold several opportunities. The project entity has a lookup field to the account entity (new_accountid). Problem: I have mapped new_accountid to customerid (potential customer in the opportunity) in the mapping page and pubished the changes When I then try to create an opportunity, I see that the Customer field has a record in it that has the name of our Account but the icon of a Contact record. When attempting to save the opportunity, or when clicking on...

relationships and mappings for the contract line
1. It would be great to be able to create a relationship between a custom entity and the contract line. We have a serialized piece of equipment that we created a custom entity for and we would need to link it to the contract line for warranty and maintenance contracts (among other objects). Currently we are forced to link the custom entity to the Contract header which is an unfortunate workaround. 2. It would be great if we could create mappings for Account to Contract Line relatinship and have these mappings "kick in" when a new contract line is created. Thanks, Sergei ---...

Multiple instances of Outlook when executing multiple DoCmd.SendObject commands
Hello! The routine below works great when I send only one email. But when sending another email, I have to kill Outlook via Task Manager where it is immediately replaced by another session of Outlook and Outlooks again comes up. Any help or suggestions appreciated! Rbollinger ========================================================= Sub Send SendEmail() On Error GoTo Err_Command11_Click Dim stDocName, mTO, mCC, mSubject As String stDocName = "frmSnapShot" mTO = Forms!frmEmail!emailTO mCC = Forms!frmEmail!emailCC mSubject = Forms!frmEmail!Subject mpath =...

Command Line/Script to Remove/Uninstall Program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs
Hello all, I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs. Can anyone point me in the right direction to websites/tutorials/walk-thru's. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly --------------------------- "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells. Drinkin' only screws up your liver...ya got 2 a those." - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl") If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound? "Conan Kelly&...

Mapping List Values during Import
Hi All, Does anyone know of an easy way to map list values while Importing Accounts? I’m trying to Import accounts and I have a Picklist of values that exactly match the data in one of the fields being imported. Even though the values match, the import utility still requires me to go through one by one and map the source value to a target value. What makes matters worse is you cannot save the mapping so if you need to re-run the import, you have to start all over. To make matters REALLY worse, after tediously mapping all the values, the Import program threw an error and didn’t do th...

Mapping Nested XML to Relational Tables
I'm having a problem translating nested XML to relational tables and would appreciate anyone's advice with it. I've written some code in C# that retrieves a fairly complex XML document structure from a remote server and loads in into a dataset. Originally, the complete XML document would not load because of conflicts caused by nested nodes of the same name in different parts of the document. I generated a schema by separating out parts of the XML which would load successfully, eliminating the conflicting nodes in the schema, and then re-integrating the XML schema without the conf...

Integrating Visio & Access to Create a Road map (2007)
I would like to create a road map in visio using information in acccess database. For example, a rectangle represents a project with a start and end date in visio. If access has a table with a start and end date defined, can I use that information to define the length of the rectangle dynamically? So the goal is to change/ add/ remove variables in access and then import changes to visio and have visio re-draw the diagram. Thank you! Hello Abdar, Have you considered using the Gantt Chart or Timeline templates under File / New / Schedule? Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSig...

Looking for a U.S. map you can click on state for sales figure?
I am looking for a tool or product where I can convert sales figures from an excel spreadsheet to a map of the United States you can click on each state for figures/statistics for each state. Any suggestions out there? RicP I found several USA state images that you could use with Google. I added a hyperlink to the Ste name and linked it to range name for state - associated with data. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg This one is just one of many. Look till you find the one that fits your need. I used SnagIt to copy image and paste to a blank Excel wo...

command line to toggle Luna/Classic ?
Is there a command line way, or registry hack to switch between classic view and luna? Basically a way to do it without using the control panel and display properties applet. Thanks in adance! ...

Shell command line to create outlook mail message with two or more attachments
Hi I need to create outlook email message wit two or more attachments. The following shell comand will work for one atachment- "outlook.exe filename.jpg" but "outlook.exe file1.jpg file2.jp" or other variations would not work Where can I get documentation for DDE or COM interface which will let me do it instead of command line? Thanks for any help DVKS You can also compress the file into a zip-folder by commandline and then send that single file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outloo...

Closing FIle with Command Bar Button Problem
Hi All I posted this last week with a different title and didnt get any responses - so perhaps my messages was not understood - so I am trying again: I am getting a very strange error which I have isolated but I do not know how to get rid of: I have a workbook with the following code: Sub MYexit() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True ThisWorkbook.Close End Sub When I run the macro directly from the macro with other workbooks open or closed there is no problem However... When I create a toolbar with a single button and assign MYExit to the button - I get an "Applica...