Manipulating Pivot Table

I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number.  What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table.  So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8)

Any Ideas

Thank

Brandt
0
anonymous (74717)

Table Import or Mail Merge Macro?
I need to set up (item card, assign site, assign creditor) about 250 new items. I've been testing the table import process in the test company, but keep getting handling exception errors when testing the item after the "successful" import because of an obscure (for me) blank field. All the items have the same Class ID, creditor, site, etc. They only differ in item code, desc, curr cost, list price, gen desc, and creditor item code. So would I have better luck recording a macro setting up the first one and mail merging the necessary fields? If you believe table import is ...

Pivot Table
Hi all, I have one issue when i get the data through the pivot table option. after creating a pivot table, i enabled the sub-total and the grand total in the pivot table properties. after enabling that the sub-total and the grand total columns appear as #VALUE!. I have office 2003 in OS 2000 proffesion. Please help me Regards Yazh You have one suggestion in .excel yazh wrote: > > Hi all, > I have one issue when i get the data through the pivot table > option. after creating a pivot table, i enabled the sub-total and the > grand total in the pivot table properties....

on NoData, show value in table
My report recordsourse is based on qrystudent where i have 2 tables. 'duration' table has 2 fields [from] and [to]. on NoData event of the report, I want to give message like 'You have not logged in during ' [from] and [to] If NoData, how can I give message include fields value in 'duration' table? 'duration' table has only one record. Thanks Song Su wrote: >My report recordsourse is based on qrystudent where i have 2 tables. >'duration' table has 2 fields [from] and [to]. > >on NoData event of the report, I want to give message l...

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...

Alternatives to MS Query for Pivot Tables & Cubes
I am using Excel 2003. I would like to know if there is an add-in or other (preferably free) tool out there that I could use to create OLAP cubes for Excel pivot tables that would have better functionality than MS Query. I find MS Query very difficult to use and almost impossible for creating calculated fields that can then be built into a cube. (Note: I thought I could just make calculated fields in the pivot table itself, but now I see that Excel will not let you do that when using an OLAP cube as a source.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Dimension Update and Pivot table report
I have an Excel (03) Report file which uses Analysis Services (SP4) Cube. Works fine still using AS 2000 not 2005. When I make any changes to Dimension and process Dim. and Cube Excel file doesn't takes my Dim changes... I have to take (drag) the changed Dim. back to field list and bring it back to report.... then only it works.....problem is we have 100s of Excel Cube Reports. Error I get: The item Could not be found in OLAP Cube. Thank you - Ashok ...

Font manipulation
Hello. I'm curious I can change apperance in chat window. Like the background of the tab of my messages and different background of the tab of the different user. I don't mean the background of the text. And is there any way of increace the spacing of lines between them? The lines are really near... For more understanding: I wish to control it somewhere with like a css command "Padding" or "margin". Like ..text_me { font color: gold; font size: 1.5em; padding: 4px; } ..text_others { font color: black; padding: 4px } I think y...

Getting a value from large table.
Hi, I have a data table where column A = Make (named MAKE), B = Model (named MODEL), Row 1 = Model Year (named MODELYR). On a different sheet, I have a list of miscellaneous combinations. On this sheet, column A contains the make, B the Model and C the Model Year. How can I get the contents from the table to be populated in column D for my list? I have tried SUMPRODUCT, SUMIFS and INDEX (with MATCH) functions, but continue to get the #Value error. I have also array-entered each of the functions. I would like the value in D1 where MAKE=A1, MODEL=B1 and MODELYR=C1. -- TIA, Br...

Using ad hoc table to select which records to print
Hi all. I have a situation I could use some help with. I have a database used for a high-volume electronics repair business, and I'm trying to streamline pre-shipment paperwork functions for customer service. Depending on the customer and order type, up to 6 different reports might be printed for each order. I've set up a table populated on an ad hoc basis by customer service through a continuous form with a text box for the order identification number and a check box for each report to select which to print. Each of these reports might also be printed from elsewhere in the database (...

Re: Debtor Period Summary Table RM00104
hi guys, i was doing some customer monthly sales report, and i come across this particular table, it has a field called HISTTYPE, History Type. and it has a value or either 0 or 1, for the financial year of 2006, which is also the 1st year GP started in the company, there are some customers having both 0 and 1 for the same period, e.g. customer1, period5, year2006, histtype1, $309 customer1, period5, year2006, histtype0, $253 could anyone shed some light on what the history type is? coz in GP, when reviewing past month sales, seems it brings up figers in the row where histtype is 1 ...

VBA Import from Access using ODBC
I am trying to import from Access using ODBC - then I want to basically concatenate two of the columns. If I run my macro it actually runs the concatenate part first, then brings in the odbc information. If I put a pause or step through it - it works no problem. Code is provided.. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance... dc With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Array( _ "ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=" & fileandpath & ";DefaultDir=" & spath & "; DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize =2048; PageTimeout =5;")), Dest...

changing proportion of chart and data table
I have a chart with 19 lines of data and I have been requested to print the data table with the chart. When I add the data table so that I can read the text (e.g., 11 or 12 pt font), I cannot see all the data table line in the page viewer or print it all out. I can only print out all the data table lines along with the chart if I make the font so small that it renders the data table useless (or similarly, if I shrink the size of the size the chart so that what I am looking at is so small you can't read the labels anymore). In either case, when I do this I also I end up with half ...

performance issues linking sql 2000 table in access
I hope I'm just overlooking the obvious and there is an easy solution for my issue. I scanned the messages here and didn't see anything that looked similar. My issues is I have a SQL database with a table containing a little over 2.5 million rows linked to access. We typically open the linked table and filter for a subset of records to modify in table view. The database was recently moved to a new faster server with more memory and a bigger hard drive. After the initial move performance when opening and using the table seemed more robust than on the older slower machine. The ...

Pivot Table Filter Error
When I filter data in my pivot table in Excel 2007, it is splitting up the same data. For instance, if there are numbers describing a job poisition the filter is splitting the people who are in group 12. instead of showing me 25 people in group 12 it is showing two groups of 12's and splitting them up as 23 and 2, instead of one group of 25. I formatted the column as all numbers and that didn't work. Any other suggestions? ...

pivot table #5
I have a pivot table and would like to view and change my SQL and database link. Are there any way to open it to debug and verify it? I know that I can edit SQL from MS SQL if I use MS SQL to retreive data. I could not figure to open the cub file to deit and debug. Your inforamtion is great appreciated, The free Pivot Play add-in, located at Debra Dalgleish's website, may help: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html It allows you to view/edit the connection and SQL code for Pivot Tables that use external data sources. It has many other features, too. Does that help? -----...

Report from 2 tables
Hi Just wanted to get some advice before I attempt to make a report that will use 2 tables as source material. Basically, my database stores information on a sport. One table is a list of teams and their historical venues/successes etc The second table is a list of the teams annual results. The report I want to make will be a page per team report, that at the top shows the data from the 'venues' table, so where there are more than one venue, it would need to 'loop' through the table to show all venues As far as the 'successes' (League Championships/cup w...

Pivot Tables #7
Before i post my question am I on the correct board to answer my question? I've a question on pivot tables and want to make sure I'm in the correct place. Thanks Here is my question. I have a pivot table that does what I want it to except the category field that is a column field shows two different figures and I would like the final column to calculate the percentage of one against the other. For example extract of pivot table is like this: Calls answered Calls resolved 100 5...

limitation of pivot tables in excel 2000
When i choose anything from any columns to zoom in datas ,it cannot b done. An error message appears as follows: "Microsoft Excel cannot mak this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag a least one row or column field off the Pivot Table, or to the pag position. Alternatively, right click a field, and then click Hide o Hide Levels on the shortcut menu." I have tried to hide some column(s but the same error message appearred. Anybody have any idea about thi error message, please reply to this forum. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com tcm wro...

Hour manipulation
i have a file download that shows hours worked for employees in th following format 72:09:50(hh:mm:ss). The problem is this, the data i displayed in that format but in the formula bar it shows the data a 1/3/1900 12:09:50 AM. Because of this, I can not manipulate the data How can I, in essence, make the data a string or some state in whic it is not recognized as a date and time. I have tried copying the dat and pasting it as a value, one hundred different formatting tries, an everything else I can think of. pls hl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Redwings, this will tur...

Excel 2003 Pivot Table Interactivity
With Office 2003 Web Components installed, I saved a Pivot Table Report as a web page with interactivity. When I clicked the final Publish btn., the P.T. opened in I.E. with interactivity. Using AceFTP software to upload the P.T. to my personal web site, all I got was the P.T. field layout and no labels or data. The data field had the following message: No Details. The query could not be processed: The data provider didn't supply any further error information. What am I missing? ...

last name May sorted as Month in pivot table
I am importing data into an excel 2002 spreadsheet. The data has a field called Last Name that is formatted as text. In a pivot table the last name of May shows up first. I have verified that excel thinks it is a date. I have unclicked auto formatting and clicked preserve formatting among other things. This field keeps reverting to general formatting. Any advise? Thanks in advance susanne In your source data, you can replace the name May with May<space>, and it should sort properly. To change the names, select the column, and choose Edit>Replace In the Find what box, t...

Collecting data from more than one row in a pivot table
I'm making a customer base where I want to make a pivottable that ca give an statistical overview on when it is most likely to get throug to a particular type of professional (it-director, sales manager, CEO etc.). In each company I have made room for up to four contact persons, eac with his/her own sets of columns (name, position, telephone, etc) an up to three contacts so I can see the development in the contact (e.g first contact results in a call-back, the second a reference to contac person 2, the third a meeting, etc). Each time I choose the result of a particular contact from a...

Text in pivot table
I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 (eg something like 'first' in Access crosstabs doesn't exist). Two questions: - Is this functionality available in later versions? - What are the alternatives (eg anyone got some VBA they've used to do it)? Thanks GB Pivottables are still quantitative summaries. You may want to give more info about what your data looks like and what you want. I might lead to better alternatives. green biro wrote: > > I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 > (...

How to filter field button items in pivot tables
I am making a spreadsheet that displays test times for various software tests across several sw builds. It looks like this: Build A runs tests 1-100 Build B runs tests 101-200 Build C runs tests 201-300 Build D runs tests 301-400 All of the data is in my data worksheet. I build the pivot, then go to the filter button for build and select A, C, B. Then I go to the filter button for test # and I see 1-400. Is there some way to actively filter the options for test # so that I do not see 201-300 when I don't select C? The solution would have to be active in that when a person makes a ...

Pivot Table #22
Dear All My knowledge of pivot table is limited... so kindly help if possible... Say if I have a column of data (Satisfaction Level) as the one on the horizontal field (Y axis) of the pivot table and straight away, it will show the different group of Satisfaction Level. Sat Level has a range from 1 to 5 so there will be 5 columns... My question is how can I include another two columns in the pivot table to show the sum of 1 and 2 and the sum of 4 and 5? Is this possible? Currently, I am doing the calculations manually... which is taking alot of my time especially if there are many different...