Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list

I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional
on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas
of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections
within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list
(coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area'
selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific
equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated.
Thank you.
0
Stewart (16)

Hi Stewart,

See Debra Dalgleish's Dependent List page at:

See also XlDybnamic's page on Dependent Dropdowns:

        http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Stewart" <Stewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names)
>conditional
> on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main
> areas
> of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections
> within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list
> (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main
> area'
> selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list
> (specific
> equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated.
> Thank you.

0
normanjones (1047)

Make Default

Listing of DEX.INI parameters
Is there a master list of all the DEX.INI parameters? If so, where is it? I tried searching the knowledgebase and there was nothing there. Quite a number of the DEX.ini parameters are defined in our Confessions manual -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > Is there a master list of all the DEX.INI parameters? If so, where is it? I > tried searching the knowledgebase and there was nothing there...

Dropdown lists
Hi all :) how do i create dropdown lists, ie so i can select a name from a lis instead of typing it hope you understand what i mean :confused: thanks for any help Stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Steve you can use Data validation for this. Try the following: - Select the cells you want a listbox for - Goto 'Data - Validation'. Choose 'List' and select a range with your stored names for the listbox For more information on data validation have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Frank > Hi all :) > > how do i crea...

matching a sorting the exact value in the data list
Hi there, In Excel 2000 I wish to match and sort the following data using some type of function in Excel. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972509 CRXU1973932 CRXU1972999 DFSU6001327 CRXU1973932 GESU2271222 FCIU2056631 GESU9254295 GESU2271222 PCIU3025511 PCIU2365754 PCIU3030457 PCIU3023571 PCIU3038329 PCIU3025511 PCIU3039304 PCIU3026020 PCIU3055060 PCIU3030457 PCIU3060600 PCIU3038329 PCIU3061993 PCIU3039304 PCIU3066085 PCIU3060600 ....so the above mentioned data should look like this(see below) after the function has been applied. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972999 (wish to join but in seperate columns) CRXU19739...

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most customers do not wish to load all products into the CRM system. Therefore the restricted use of price lists makes the system unflexible. In Opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level We were going to implement a standard product price list to ensure that analysis of products sold was uniformed but immediatly came across the issue that you can not over-ride the price details in an opportunity. As an ASP provider, opportunities are based on client project value and apart from having to generate a price list per opportunity, I see no way forward. I...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Conditional Formating Excel Form
Hi All I have a Form in excel which lets people enter monitoring information It has the fields Target, Reported and Difference. The Target field i pre-set, they have to enter the Reported field and the Difference fiel is a calculated field based on Targeted - Reported. If this difference is more than 10% or less than -10% I would like i the following: A. To change the font colour in the Difference text box red. and B. The form to open another text box (called reason) - so that they ca explain the difference. Any help would be much appreciated Cheers J -- JoePineapples I c...

Lists and filters
I would like to do the following: 1 - Allow a pre-set list of selectable values for a column of data - I'm using the validation process so that is working. 2 - At the header level for this column of data, I'd like to be able display selected values in this column, e.g., all rows with a value of "apple" in this column. The filter works but I can't get it to work on multiple columns. The list isn't working either. Ideas? Paul C. Peterson ...

Counting & Conditions
Hi to evrybody, I have 13 cells in the same row as follows: J14, M14, P14, S14, V14, Y14, AB14, AE14, AH14, AK14, AN14, AQ14, AT14 Each of them contains a number which is a result from a calculation. In Cell BD14, I want a value depending on the number of cells with the following condition (counting): If any 4 or more of the 13 cells has a number < 50 ---> put "Very Slow" in cell DB14 If none of the cells has number < 50 ---> put "Very Fast" in cell BD14 If LESS than 4 cells has number < 50 ---> put "Moderate" in cell BD14 Any suggestions ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Is there a formula to find one phrase in a selection?
Hey again, Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase in a selection? I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of looks like this: |Monday| Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) Period 2:| S | Period 3:| A | So basically, if they have one or more "S"s, we can count them as being present for the day. I need the formula to find out if there is an "S" in that column, and if there is, I need it ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

generated price list, but can't get it through to the Quotes
I generated the price and discount lists. However, when I try to pull a quote, it gives me the total amount. Can someone please advise how to get teh detailed price list per product on the quote sheet? thanks g ...

Conditional formatting macro
Help. I would like to know if it is possible to have a macro that changes the colour of a cell dependant on the number or text within. eg If the following cells were populated as follows a1=1 Make the cell Green =2 Make the cell Red =3 Make the cell Blue =4 Make the cell Orange and so on till 7 Is this at all possible ? I know that i can colour cells 3 times with simple conditional formatting, but would like to run upto seven different colours. any help would be appreciated. Steve '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksh...

Just a test (my previous message LOST :(( )
Tien, ...

Adding an address to a Contact List
The client is using Outlook 2003 SP2. I know you can click on an email address in an email and add it as a contact to my main Contacts list. Is there a way to do the same task but add it to my other Contact Lists already setup as an addressbook...? Thanks, Tom... Tom Karpowski wrote: > The client is using Outlook 2003 SP2. > I know you can click on an email address in an email and add it as a > contact > to my main Contacts list. > Is there a way to do the same task but add it to my other Contact Lists > already setup as an addressbook...? > >...