Making form using Excell Help ASAP!

 I've made a form.  This needs to be filled out online.  I can freeze cells
so the user cannot mess with them, but how do I form lines.?  Say, a line
above 'Customer Name' in  order to answer that question.  This is really
getting to me b/c it seems like it should be so easy...

Hi Amanda

not really sure what you're after but if you click in a cell and choose
format / cells and click on the border tab and then the top line icon does
this give you what you want?

Cheers
JulieD

"~Amanda~" <~Amanda~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've made a form.  This needs to be filled out online.  I can freeze cells
> so the user cannot mess with them, but how do I form lines.?  Say, a line
> above 'Customer Name' in  order to answer that question.  This is really
> getting to me b/c it seems like it should be so easy...

0
JulieD1 (2295)
3/17/2005 3:56:05 PM
Thanks so much, you were very helpful.  That was, in fact, what I was looking
for. =)
0
Amanda (82)
3/17/2005 9:23:03 PM
you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

> Thanks so much, you were very helpful.  That was, in fact, what I was
> looking
> for. =)

0
JulieD1 (2295)

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Proper use of ON_CONTROL
Im working on a custom control but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use this macro to map the messages the control sends. According to MSDN, this is the proper syntax: ON_CONTROL( wNotifyCode, id, memberFxn ) Parameters wNotifyCode The notification code of the control. id The command ID. memberFxn The name of the message-handler function to which the command is mapped. From what little i have been able to piece together through the MSDN website, these forums, and the documentation that came with VC++, it seems like I should be using WM_COMMAND as the wNotifyCode, and ...

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Make Default

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

Requery a Sub Form!
On [frmMain] I have a sub form [subRemindTog] which has a text box [tbClientName] From another form how do I requery this subform?? Thanks for any help..........Bob It would be so: Forms![frmMain]!Forms![subRemindTog].Requery Or you can call to class module representing your subform. If you have any code in subform then your VBA project exactly has form module Form_subRemindTog. So, you can do this: Form_subRemindTog.Requery Note that sometimes you may be needed to use both .Requery and .Repaint "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: n...

Grouping on certain years - help needed please
Hi I have a database in Access 2007 that records details of sports clubs and historical results. Records start in 1929 to present date with a break for World War 2 I have reports showing League tables etc. One report shows all the clubs history on one page with club details at the top, then line by line history of results (Played/Won/Drew/For/ Against etc) However, I would like to group these latter results in pre-war (1929-1939) and post-war (1946- ) periods (all on the same report) I'd like advice please as how best to do this Many thanks Neil neil40@btinternet.com wrote: >I hav...

Customize forms
Is there a way to add different columns to my OWA tasks folder? I would especially like to do this in my tasks folder in my public folders. Thanks, Tim Outlook Web Access is only a web VIEW of your Exchange mailbox. I don't know if customizing the default Exchange Mail Task item to show your custom view if it would translate to the web view - I presume not. Double check by asking in an Exchange group since Outlook Web Access, despite its name, is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

hyperlinks between excel and work when e-mailing
I have hyperlinks between cells in an Excel worksheet and text explanation of the cells in a Word document (the explanation are too voluminous for cells). Works great on my computer, but when I e-mail the files to others the path to the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to have a "generic" path as long as the recipient put the files in one folder? ...

Record UserID in form
I'm using Access 2007. I've read various posts on capturing the userid. I have a form where the user is supposed to enter their name so we know who created a particular record. (I'm interested in who created the record, not if anyone modified it afterwards). Needless to say, they don't always complete this field. I'd like to capture it automatically based on their Outlook login. I created a new module for the fOSUserName function I found on one of the postings on this forum. I named the module basUserName. Then I created a text field called UserID on my...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Access 2007 Form
Access 2007 I have short form with following controls: Customer ID Invoice No Invoice Amount Payment Amount Remaining Balance I would like to transfer the value of Remaining balance control to the next record’s Invoice amount control when I am adding new data. Two conditions should be true. First, the customer ID in the new record should matches the customer ID in previous record and second the value of Remaining balance in previous record should be greater than zero. Please advice -- Bardia You need a field, DateTime would do, so that Access knows which record comes ...

verify that an email was read without using a receipt
I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. In news:20181391-62B0-4CFD-95D6-C2323D435B06@microsoft.com, RCNellis <RCNellis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read > by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. Ask them, or see whether they did the thing that you asked them to do in the message you sent. :) ...

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

subforms from an unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form with two subforms : SbFrm1 and SbFrm2. These two subforms are bound forms, so have their own recordset, e.g. : “select * from tblTable1” - recordset for SbFrm1 and “select * from tblTable2” - recordset for SbFrm2 On my main form I have a combobox CboBox; CboBox.column(0) contains the value I want to use to filter the recordset of both subforms, strKey. I do not think I can set a parent-child relation between the main form and the subforms. But then I do not know neither how to limit the records of these forms to only show these records where strKey...

variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)
I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with an additional filter criteria. I want the results to vary by user. So instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active Contacts in MA". The results would be all active contacts in MA who are owned by the current user. How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria? All help much appreciated! -Sarah In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Con...

Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003
We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a message saying " You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy settings." Microsoft's solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 This works if we add the reg keys to current user but we are looking for a solution that would apply to all users. When we add the keys to the default user it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a >mes...

Sending Email without using Smart Host
We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as: smtpauth.earthlink.net In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com). What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmai...

Organizing workbooks using file folders
Hi I need some some help with organizing workbooks. If anyone can give me an idea about how to organize workbooks through file folders, I would appreciate it Hi ~X Could you be a bit more specific please? What is that you need to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Refresh a form when closing another form
I apologize if this is posted somewhere already, I looked and didn't see anything that exactly matched. I have created a form which serves as a record selection screen to allow a user to edit certain values. Once the user highlights a particular row, they click on a "Edit Record" button. This takes them to a second form which allows them to edit certain data fields. When the user has made the changes, they click on a "Save & Close" button which returns them to the record selection form. I wish to refresh the record selection form, when the "edit re...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...