Making counters in excel

Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time
you click on it the numerical value will increase by one.  I am trying
to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help.

ToolsMacro>Record New Macro>name it AddOne. Stop the macro recorder before
doing anything else; nothing should be recorded.
Tools>Macros>*Select the AddOne macro and click Edit.
Paste this on a line between the macro name/recorded date and End Sub:

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1

If you do not want to use cell A1, change the reference.
--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"jehu" <jehu.wakf0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time
> you click on it the numerical value will increase by one.  I am trying
> to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help.

twodays (259)
11/3/2003 12:29:48 AM
You could use a SelectionChange event procedure to do this.  Enter the
following code in the sheet module for the appropriate worksheet. Change A1
to the correct cell address.

    If Target.Address(False, False) = "A1" Then
        Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1
    End If
End Sub

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"jehu" <jehu.wakf0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time
> you click on it the numerical value will increase by one.  I am trying
> to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help.

chip1 (1821)
11/3/2003 12:33:58 AM
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
    Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1
    Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}", True
End Sub

Works better for me;  Change A1 to your cell;  Whatever cell you decide on
Just Double-Click it and watch it "go-Up"!!!
HTH

"jehu" <jehu.wakf0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time
> you click on it the numerical value will increase by one.  I am trying
> to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help.

jmay (696)
11/3/2003 2:13:09 AM
I am not sure if it is better to double-click a cell to make the change or
single-click the button to achieve the same end. Personal preference, I
guess...
--
"JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:gRipb.9594$Re.2128@lakeread06...
> Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
> Boolean)
>     Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1
>     Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}", True
> End Sub
>
> Works better for me;  Change A1 to your cell;  Whatever cell you decide on
> Just Double-Click it and watch it "go-Up"!!!
> HTH
>
> "jehu" <jehu.wakf0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time
> > you click on it the numerical value will increase by one.  I am trying
> > to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help.

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
twodays (259)

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...

Excel 2002 and Adobe PDFMaker
My Adobe PDFMaker 5.0 icon has gone missing off my toolbar in Excel 2002 and it is no longer available in my toolbar options or customize windows for selection. It was working for a whole year and now it has vanished. It is still available in PowerPoint however I do not know how to return it to Excel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Microsoft Office XP Professional software and it still has not returned. It is very important that this function be restored . . . Please help me! Calypso Have you looked in Tools>Add-ins to see if the PDFMaker add-in is checked(enabled)? ...

options excel toolbar on IE
Hi everybody ! I develop an intranet web site which shows excel documents. I want to open an excel document on an IE browser and still get the excel toolbar. Is there a way to force the browser to show the Excel toolbar as it appears in Excel application ? Or is there a way to customize the options of the excel toolbar on the IE browser ? :confused: I would really appreciate any help in this matter! Thanks in advance cecile --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ There's a setting in Windows that you can change. (I use win98, so it might slightly be different for you....