Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Try a little more research the  time, MS can be blamed for many things but
hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

> Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
> Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
> on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
> hidden module: DistMon.
>
> Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...
>
> I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/28/2005 2:59:02 PM
Which 3rd party are you talking about? My Excel is delivered by Microsoft as
part of Office 2003!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Try a little more research the  time, MS can be blamed for many things but
> hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "TorG 8-((" wrote:
>
> > Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
> > Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
> > on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
> > hidden module: DistMon.
> >
> > Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...
> >
> > I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1
0
TorG (1)
1/28/2005 5:05:03 PM
Did you read the material on the site Peo referred you to?

Adobe Acrobat is the third-party in question.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:05:03 -0800, "TorG" <TorG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Which 3rd party are you talking about? My Excel is delivered by Microsoft as
>part of Office 2003!
>
>"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> Try a little more research the  time, MS can be blamed for many things but
>> hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> "TorG 8-((" wrote:
>>
>> > Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
>> > Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
>> > on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
>> > hidden module: DistMon.
>> >
>> > Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...
>> >
>> > I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

0
Gord
1/28/2005 6:17:40 PM
Hello:

I have this same error after installing Adobe CS Suite.  Interestinly, it
does not occur under my user name.  Any other user does have the error
AutoExec in Word and AutoExecNew in Excel (Office 2003)  I found the
PDFMaker.dot and renamed it PDFMaker.old.  This cured the error in Word and
Outlook; however, renaming PDFMaker.xla to PDFMaker.old does nothing to stop
the error in Excel.  I have tried looking for PDFwriter.xla - but there is no
file by that name on my computer.  I also get the DisMon error on closing
Excel.

Any other thoughts??

Thanks,
Ross

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Try a little more research the  time, MS can be blamed for many things but
> hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "TorG 8-((" wrote:
>
> > Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
> > Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
> > on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
> > hidden module: DistMon.
> >
> > Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...
> >
> > I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1
0
RossC (4)
11/22/2005 2:14:03 AM
I see no response to Ross's post.  I have exactly the same thing - except I
did find the "pdf.....xla".  I moved it to My Documents as suggested in the
KB and searched for it any where else.  I still get the "AutoExecNew" and
"DisMon" on start and quit.  I am using Excel 2000.  It seems to be a MS
problem.  I have never had any Symantec on this machine.  And, there is no
Adobe now after a re-install.  There was at one time and the Office files may
not have been re-written when I reinstalled Office 2000. But, both the Word
and Excel startup files are empty.

"Ross C" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have this same error after installing Adobe CS Suite.  Interestinly, it
> does not occur under my user name.  Any other user does have the error
> AutoExec in Word and AutoExecNew in Excel (Office 2003)  I found the
> PDFMaker.dot and renamed it PDFMaker.old.  This cured the error in Word and
> Outlook; however, renaming PDFMaker.xla to PDFMaker.old does nothing to stop
> the error in Excel.  I have tried looking for PDFwriter.xla - but there is no
> file by that name on my computer.  I also get the DisMon error on closing
> Excel.
>
> Any other thoughts??
>
> Thanks,
> Ross
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
> > Try a little more research the  time, MS can be blamed for many things but
> > hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins

> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "TorG 8-((" wrote:
> >
> > > Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
> > > Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
> > > on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
> > > hidden module: DistMon.
> > >
> > > Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...
> > >
> > > I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

Excel Calculation Error for formula to sum
I entered a formula of =sum(E11:E56) for example and excel did not return a correct calculation. I checked the format of the cells and it is a custom one. I checked for hidden values and could not find any (to my understanding it will show a blank cell but if the cell is highlighted and it is a hidden value it will show the number in the formula bar). The sum that Excel returned is exactly 6033 over, which is a value that is included of what I told excel to add for me. Any ideas? I changed the format to general, to a number, etc and it did not help. Also, another item that is stra...

Proper use of ON_CONTROL
Im working on a custom control but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use this macro to map the messages the control sends. According to MSDN, this is the proper syntax: ON_CONTROL( wNotifyCode, id, memberFxn ) Parameters wNotifyCode The notification code of the control. id The command ID. memberFxn The name of the message-handler function to which the command is mapped. From what little i have been able to piece together through the MSDN website, these forums, and the documentation that came with VC++, it seems like I should be using WM_COMMAND as the wNotifyCode, and ...

Make Default

Payables check batch stuck in "Work"
I have a check batch that is stuck in "Work" status. I've read several of your responses here and have looked both in Print checks and in post checks but the batch is not available in either location. There are about 1000 invoices attached to this check batch (actually just 1 check) so I really need to get this figured out! Please advise There is a knowledgebase article about stuck batches. The old article id is 18064. The heading is "Unable To Post or Unmark a Batch For Posting." -- Charles Allen, MVP "Gwen Staples" wrote: > I have a check batc...

Outlook with Kernell errors
Whenever I try to run Outlook, I get the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7c811. This is after I removed the programme and then re- installed it. Before I did this when I tried to open outlook it would just make my system freeze or hang. Any ideas how to get this resolved.... ??? Thanks, David ...

Sharepoint 2.0 Access Request error
Out of the blue about 3 weeks ago my Sharepoint server on SBS 2003 started throwing an Error page: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource. Access requests are not enabled. I have searched for a solution and have tried the steps in KB 823278, as I cannot access any pages with any user ID. The page http://server/_layouts/1033/user.aspx, returns a page not found error. I am totally stumped and have absolutely no idea where to go at this point. Can any point me in the right direction? Thanks, Greg ------=_NextPart_0001_9F5...

Instant messaging login problems
Hi, I am trying to implement instant messaging service on a network I manage.It went smoothly initialy until i realise that only the users with domain administrative rights could login to use the service.It always give the error"Signing in to the Microsoft exchange Instant messaging failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist. Check your sign-in name and password and try again." It starts working the minute I give the user the domain administrative right. Everything worked very well with a small demo lab unlike the main network whihc has been in exist...

hyperlinks between excel and work when e-mailing
I have hyperlinks between cells in an Excel worksheet and text explanation of the cells in a Word document (the explanation are too voluminous for cells). Works great on my computer, but when I e-mail the files to others the path to the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to have a "generic" path as long as the recipient put the files in one folder? ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

401 Errors on CRMEmailTemplate.Instantiate
I am attempting to call the Instantiate method on CRMEmailTemplate, but it continually times out on me. I initially increased the timeout value to 5 minutes, but it still timed out. I downloaded Fiddler so I could inspect the HTTP sessions that were happening, and see if that would shed some light. I noticed that when I make this call, I receive a 401 error You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not c...

error line source code
is there a way to get the actual line of source code of an error that occurs? i.e. source code: a=1/0 error description returns "a=1/0" i can think of an ugly way of doing it, basically put line numbers in the code to get the error line, then compare that to the .frm text and copy the text where it matches on the line number. I am hoping there is a better and easier way. <a@b.com> wrote in message news:evjrn5h19kksf64fhea3k0qg07oefro6sb@4ax.com... > is there a way to get the actual line of source code of an error that > occurs? > > i.e. source c...

making tickets

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

Rules that don't work-OL2007
Is MS ever going to put out a version of OL in which rules actually work? I just upgraded to Office OL2007 from Office OL2003, thinking that one of the benefits would be that my rules would start doing what they're supposed to. Hmm. I have a rules that work fine if I see that a subject message has gotten through, and I manually run the rule, but the rule(s) don't do their stuff automatically when the message arrives. I've been very careful about ordering the rules, so I'm certain that the rules are executed in the correct order. Doesn't matter. Are OL rules just a...

GPS Error 56
I have a user who is getting GPS Error 56 with these steps... Great Plains > Tools >Setup>Company>Fiscal Periods to open Project for 03/31/06. It opened it but gave the following string of errors. 1. An error occured executing sql statements 2. GPS Error: 56 3. SQL Error: 208 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name ' Dynamics..AAG00104'. 4. ODBC Error: S0002 We are using GP 8.0, SP3. ------=_NextPart_0001_48C15C49 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I see your issue is with opening up fiscal periods. Based ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Error when expanding public folders under Ex2003 System Manager... Cannot rename SSL Cert
Hi, I'm getting the following error within the Exchange System Manager when I expand public folders: --------------------------- The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager --------------------------- I researched, and found various articles on this (such as http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324345), and the proposed solution is to correct the ssl certificate name within IIS. I can't do that, however, because the certificate is correct. We have a 3rd party trusted certificate for office.fhsaa.org, which we use of OWA. So, I can't j...

File in use error
An Excel file has mysteriously been marked as open for editing. The file is on an WinNT network with XP and Win98 workstations. Much to my surprize the file says it is open for editing by ME! I have rebooted my computer, opened and tried closing the file (but it is read-only of course) and no other user has it opened or has logged into another workstation as me. How do I clear this? This is a complex file with many links and really don't want to have to change all of the other files with a renamed file. If the file were on your pc, then emptying the temp folder might help. htt...

FollowHyperlink
Did you have a question, Bob? If you've got code that's raising that error, what's the code? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bob Barnes" <BobBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1844DC59-3981-4BC4-B50D-71C2CF1151B5@microsoft.com... > Doug - It's at another lient, but it's like the code below which works all but that one time, where error 490 said it was unable to open the file...but it opened fine manually. Here's the code..where M, N & O are strings, Resp is a By...

Copy/Paste error from WordML
I have several documents that were generated by another program into a WordML format. When opened in Word 2003 or 2007, these documents appear formatted correctly on the screen - I can turn on the paragraph marks, etc. and see all the formatting information. When using Word (2003 or 2007), if I copy information from these documents and paste it into either an empty word document or a web browser form, the carriage returns are lost and all the text runs together. If I open the document and save it as a true Word document and then close/reopen the true Word file, it displays correc...