Make excel run large spreadsheets faster

For those of you who run large spreadsheets with or without VBA, I think
everyone will agree they are much too slow

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1105194-24af-4697-ab5f-b9d62e5140ea&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah make larger worksheets run faster !!
I once ran a test of Excel v Lotus 1-2-3 only to find 1-2-3 can handle
vlookups and array equivalents significantly faster than Excel.

--

_______________________
Naz,

"username22" wrote:

> For those of you who run large spreadsheets with or without VBA, I think
> everyone will agree they are much too slow
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1105194-24af-4697-ab5f-b9d62e5140ea&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Naz (61)

Running sum that restarts on each group
Hi, I would like to create in a query a field that calculates the running sum of orders on each term. I.e., each order with OrderDate, between BeginTernDate and EndTermDate, should be added. the the running sum of the same term. However, once we have orders from new term - the running sum must restart from the first order of the second term. The query is based on another query (instead of tables), that gathers all relevant fields. it should look like: Term BeginDate OrderDate OrderAmount Running 36 Jan 2006 Jan 2006 100 ...

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Running CRM 1.O
Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentation, but our mail server is separate from CRM server. We are using Server 2003 help! alfuller@mobilewires.com Sorry running CRM 1.2 "Anthony" wrote: > Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's > e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive > the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentati...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

5.5 eEnterprise
Per the docs Release 5.5 for Microsoft SQL supports only SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0. Copyright 1999, Great Plains Software, Inc. -- has anyone tried running it on SQl Server 2000??? What was your result??? Can it be done???? Thanks. Jen Hi Jen, Yes have tried running it. It will work, BUT only to a limited degree. You CANNOT perform AT A MINIMUM any of the following functions, as the application code makes use of MSSQL system stored procs and system level tables & views that are no longer available in SQL 2000. CREATE A COMPANY CREATE A USER ASSIGN ACCESS TO A COMPNAY FOR A USER CHANGE U...

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Importing a large VCF file
I exported all my old contacts into a VCF file. The file is about 164Kb in size so I know that they are all there but when I try to import them into Outlook only the first contact is imported. How do I get Outlook to import all the other contacts as well ? Many thanks in advance Outlook has no feature to import bulk vCard files. You'll need to look = for a third-party tool. I haven't been tracking those. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...