Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

When a group of cells in a row are merged and the text wraps to two or more
lines, double-clicking the row border just to the left of column A (or
Format/Row/Autofit) auto-heights the row to one line of text.  Either of
these actions should heighten the row to fit the text in the merged cells.
0
Franketh (2)

Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05

--

Dave Peterson
0

To be honest, when creating this post I thought I was making a suggestion
directly to MS.  My mistake for not paying closer attention.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> Franketh wrote:
> >
> > When a group of cells in a row are merged and the text wraps to two or more
> > lines, double-clicking the row border just to the left of column A (or
> > Format/Row/Autofit) auto-heights the row to one line of text.  Either of
> > these actions should heighten the row to fit the text in the merged cells.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Franketh (2)

Make Default

hyperlinks between excel and work when e-mailing
I have hyperlinks between cells in an Excel worksheet and text explanation of the cells in a Word document (the explanation are too voluminous for cells). Works great on my computer, but when I e-mail the files to others the path to the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to have a "generic" path as long as the recipient put the files in one folder? ...

Automatically update cells in worksheets
Excel newbie here hoping someone can point me in the right direction... Have a workbook that contains 3 worksheets... ws1: Is a work detail list I enter the date and unique ID no. and Company Name. ws2: Contains a list of the first 30 Companies I have to visit each month, and contains all the Company details such as address, tel no, ID no., ws3: Contains a full list of all Companies within the area I'm working that month, including the initial 30 dealers. Now what I'm trying to do is when I enter the Company Name in ws1 it will automatically update Format conditions in ws2 and 3.....

How can I get the bar code to appear in a mail merge?
Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I know how to mail merge from Excel, but the bar code does not appear. How can I get the bar code to print on the document? The bar codes many not be accepted by the US Post Office any longer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101091591033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "sfrick" <sfrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C7592ED-974B-4D5F-B390-F8BA61A3075A@microsoft.com... > Am creating a newsletter in Publisher 2000. I ...

Payables check batch stuck in "Work"
I have a check batch that is stuck in "Work" status. I've read several of your responses here and have looked both in Print checks and in post checks but the batch is not available in either location. There are about 1000 invoices attached to this check batch (actually just 1 check) so I really need to get this figured out! Please advise There is a knowledgebase article about stuck batches. The old article id is 18064. The heading is "Unable To Post or Unmark a Batch For Posting." -- Charles Allen, MVP "Gwen Staples" wrote: > I have a check batc...

making a transfer show up in the budget

leave a cell blank
My spreadsheet serves 2 purposes. Printed and manually filled out plus data entry. The cells with formulas show a 0 (zero) if the referenced cells are empty. The problem is the user has the option to ignore the formula and hard code a figure. If a formula = 0, is there a way to hide that zero so when I print the form it's blank for the user? thanks! You could turn off viewing zeros at Tools>Options>View. Or you could trap for the 0 and leave cell looking blank. =IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1) If you are interested in keeping the user from over-writing a formula, see hel...

Wrapping A Long Row
I'm a newcommer to Excel and have a sheet with a long row of data (ove 1,000 entries). It would be nice if there was a way to wrap the lis into columns on a sheet so that the actual report isn't so many page with emty space around the data. Is there a way to do this? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe this can help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Slowhand >" <<Slowhand.179z9a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message n...

Autofilter includes extra row
Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. Anything I can do? George Gee Do you have a hidden blank row or a very narrow blank row above the last row? Deal with that. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:16:09 +0100, "George Gee" <georgegee@nomaps.com> wrote: >Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the >sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. > >Anything I can do? > >George Gee >...

making tickets

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

formula in cells
I'm going to try and explain this a little better and give you the actual cells that I am trying to calculate: I have net pay in cell B8, withdraws in cell C8 and the Balance in D8. I would like row D to add B, subtract C and display the balance. So when I put in the next paycheck on B9, D9 will reflect the amount from D8, add to it B9, subtract C9 if a value is there and display the balance in D9. I would like the cells in Column D for the last value entered to be blank until data is entered into them and not display the last balance the whole way down the spread sheet. Does this...

Do Not count blank cells
Hi all!! I have been trying to figure out how to NOT have excel count blank cells when it is counting my information that my formulas are telling it to count. This is my current formula (array): =SUMPRODUCT(--(oc!$C$1:$C$1000=435),--(oc!$H$1:$H$2000="approved"),--(oc!$D$1:$D$1000="telemedicine") I have to put a space in each blank cell (which could be a bunch) Thanks Dee -- imjustme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ imjustme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26854 View this thread:...

Moving Row data to sheet
I have an Excel problem and I was wandering if anyone could give m their 2 Cents worth. Let me explain. I will have 2 worksheets Lets say A and B. In Workshee A I have rows and rows of data. In worksheet B I want to create a for (not excels form one written in the spreadsheet itself no VB) that wil contain info from each row singly only. Like for example.... Sheet A : Row 1 Name, Phone, Address Row 2 Name, Phone, Address Sheet B: From highlighted row 1 Name Address What I would like is each time you click a row the info changes i sheet B. I know this is done in Access very easily with...

Link for invite not working
Exchange 2003 sp2 When a user opens an appointment in OWA the url given for the appointment does not work. Example of the URl: http://servername/exchange/username/calendar/lunch-10.EML?cmd=open ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only