Make a Macro Run One Command at a Time

Windows XP
Office XP

Forgive me in advance if this is a repetitious question. I would like to
know if there is any way to make a very long macro run one command at a
time?

WL.  Start the macorEditor ( press Alt + F11).
If not yet done : Make the command bar : Debug visible ( View / Toolbars /
check Debug).
Put the cursor in your macro and execute your macro step by step with the
button "Step into" ( hoover with the mouse over the buttons and watch the
tooltips; it normally is the button next to the right of the button with
"hand")

You can switch to the "normal" Excel sheet to see (eventually) result on
your sheet, however the VBE has focus so you can't enter or select anything
on it as long as that is the case.

To "normal" go back to the sheet press the X at top right.  This also stops
execution of the macro.

--
Regards,
Auk  Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP
> Office XP
>
> Forgive me in advance if this is a repetitious question. I would like to
> know if there is any way to make a very long macro run one command at a
> time?

Thank you! I can't tell you what a huge help this tip has been. Now instead
of re-recording huge macros over and over, I can simply run it line by line
and find where my problem line is.

"A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WL.  Start the macorEditor ( press Alt + F11).
> If not yet done : Make the command bar : Debug visible ( View / Toolbars /
> check Debug).
> Put the cursor in your macro and execute your macro step by step with the
> button "Step into" ( hoover with the mouse over the buttons and watch the
> tooltips; it normally is the button next to the right of the button with
> "hand")
>
> You can switch to the "normal" Excel sheet to see (eventually) result on
> your sheet, however the VBE has focus so you can't enter or select
anything
> on it as long as that is the case.
>
> To "normal" go back to the sheet press the X at top right.  This also
stops
> execution of the macro.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Auk  Ales
>
> * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
>
> "W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP
> > Office XP
> >
> > Forgive me in advance if this is a repetitious question. I would like to
> > know if there is any way to make a very long macro run one command at a
> > time?

Your welcome Wendy.

Don't forget to look a bit further in the Debugger.
It had far more usefull possibility's (breakpoint; run to cursor, watching
variable and so on)
If you know your way in it, helps you save lots of time while debugging.

--

"Wendy L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you! I can't tell you what a huge help this tip has been. Now
instead
> of re-recording huge macros over and over, I can simply run it line by
line
> and find where my problem line is.
>
> "A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > WL.  Start the macorEditor ( press Alt + F11).
> > If not yet done : Make the command bar : Debug visible ( View / Toolbars
/
> > check Debug).
> > Put the cursor in your macro and execute your macro step by step with
the
> > button "Step into" ( hoover with the mouse over the buttons and watch
the
> > tooltips; it normally is the button next to the right of the button with
> > "hand")
> >
> > You can switch to the "normal" Excel sheet to see (eventually) result on
> > your sheet, however the VBE has focus so you can't enter or select
> anything
> > on it as long as that is the case.
> >
> > To "normal" go back to the sheet press the X at top right.  This also
> stops
> > execution of the macro.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Auk  Ales
> >
> > * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> > * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
> >
> > "W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Windows XP
> > > Office XP
> > >
> > > Forgive me in advance if this is a repetitious question. I would like
> > > know if there is any way to make a very long macro run one command at
> > > time?

Macro calling shortcut keys
Hello Suddenly on only my last workbook the macro calling combination ctrl+shift+letter does not respond, although it did before. When pressing ctrl+shift a beep is heard and the letter cannot be pressed. Otherwise all macros work perfectly. This situation does not occurr on any other workbook and has never occurred before, over many, many years. Have you tried to look at the macro set to ensure that the hotkey combination is still correct? If you go to Tools->Macro->Macros, highlight the macro in question, and then click Options, it will show you what the shortcut key is (and y...

How to do this with macro?
I have several cells in one column, what include numbers (example B2-B4). After few empty cells, I have a cell (example B7), what include formula B4-A1. A1 B1 1 2 3 4 5 6 xx =B4-A1 Sometimes I add new numbers after cell B4 (example B5, B6 etc..) and sometimes I have to add new lines between last used cell, what include numbers and cells, what include the formula (example B7). When I add example three new line before B7, formula moves in cell B10. On the A7 is value xx. If B7 moves B10, also A7 moves A10. After changes example look like this:...

Macros #3
Dear Sir How can I make a macro which will delete all the Blank rows from a data before pasting it in Excel Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim rng As Range iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then If rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Rows(i) Else Set rng = Union(rng, Rows(i)) End If End If Next i If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.Delete End If End Sub -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the ...

Microsoft Access macro from Windows service
I'm trying to launch a process from a Windows service that runs a MicrosoftAccess macro. I'm having some trouble and wondering if anyone knows whetherthis is technically possible (since a service does not have a UI).Thanks in advance.Joe You can pass the name of the macro you want to run as an argument if you open Access from a .bat file. For example"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSAccess.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Samples\Northwind.mdb" /yourmacronameDo yourself a favor and don't use spaces or special characters in your macr...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Make Default

Running sum that restarts on each group
Hi, I would like to create in a query a field that calculates the running sum of orders on each term. I.e., each order with OrderDate, between BeginTernDate and EndTermDate, should be added. the the running sum of the same term. However, once we have orders from new term - the running sum must restart from the first order of the second term. The query is based on another query (instead of tables), that gathers all relevant fields. it should look like: Term BeginDate OrderDate OrderAmount Running 36 Jan 2006 Jan 2006 100 ...

sort command
my sort command is not active (grayed out) Shared workbooks can be sorted. "Kassie" <Kassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C283153D-20B9-4E1E-866B-F596A1205657@microsoft.com... : I'm sure your worksheet is shared then. If you click on Tools|Protection, do : you have as a last option Protect Shared Workbook, which is not grayed out? : If so, the workbook is shared. : : "Chip Pearson" wrote: : : > Is the worksheet protected? You normally can't sort protected : > worksheets. : > : > : > -- : > Cordially, : > Chip Pear...

Running CRM 1.O
Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentation, but our mail server is separate from CRM server. We are using Server 2003 help! alfuller@mobilewires.com Sorry running CRM 1.2 "Anthony" wrote: > Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's > e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive > the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentati...

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

Problem with system time. Too fast and auto adjusted too often
Hi to all. I have a problem and i cannot find a solution. I have a PC that have a strange behavior. Its system time is extremely fast (gains about 2 minutes every half hour). This effect is automatically adjusted in a very trivial way, that is extemely dangerous for some software i'm writing. - No internet connection is available, so no time server is working. - If i keep PC off (even for weeks) when i turn it on the system time is quite precise, maybe it is and hw adjustment? Is there someone that had the a similar problem? Is there a solution? (time drift is acceptable for ...

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

Disabling Macro
Hi all, I want to disable other users of an excel file from accessing the macro (programming codes), unless that person has a password to access to it. Can I do that in Excel97, SP2? Thanks for any suggestion. regards, John. John, do you not want them to see the code? if so right click on your vba project and select vba project properties, protection check lock for viewing and set a password -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email addres...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Macro for birthdays
I've imported 200 birthdays and anniversaries into my outlook 2007 contact list using a csv file. The dates are showing up in the details in the contact list but they are not showing up on the calendar. I've found that if I open each file, go to the details, click on the date, and save the contact it will show up on the calendar. However, I'm dreading doing this for 200 entries. Any advice? Thanks! "Malka" <Malka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24DFEBC-C1BC-4488-A37A-A2056AE9EA19@microsoft.com... > I've imported 200 birthdays an...

Macro to put data in a new column following specific characters
I need to create a macro that goes through a single column, and ever time a specific character set such as 3 periods "..." occurs anythin after the "..." is put into a new column. So say I have all of the following in column A: I go...to the...store I need it to turn into: Column A: I go Column B: to the Column C: store Thanks in advance, any help is GREATLY appreciated!! : -- as ----------------------------------------------------------------------- asf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...