Make a Macro on a Toolbar

Hi, I created a Macro but I want to have it show up on a
toolbar.
I know that you can create a custom toolbar but how can i
add a macro (which I would need an icon) onto that
toolbar or any toolbar?

Thanks,
Sean
0
anonymous (74719)

Sean

Tools>Customize>Commands.

Scroll down to "Macros" and select the smi;ey-face button.  Drag it up to an
existing toolbar.  Right-click on it and "assign macro".  Choose your macro
from the dialog box.

Note: you can edit the the smiley-face button.

There are many other ways to do what you want, the above is the basics.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:17:09 -0700, "Sean"

>Hi, I created a Macro but I want to have it show up on a
>toolbar.
>I know that you can create a custom toolbar but how can i
>add a macro (which I would need an icon) onto that
>toolbar or any toolbar?
>
>Thanks,
>Sean

0
Gord

How to do this with macro?
I have several cells in one column, what include numbers (example B2-B4). After few empty cells, I have a cell (example B7), what include formula B4-A1. A1 B1 1 2 3 4 5 6 xx =B4-A1 Sometimes I add new numbers after cell B4 (example B5, B6 etc..) and sometimes I have to add new lines between last used cell, what include numbers and cells, what include the formula (example B7). When I add example three new line before B7, formula moves in cell B10. On the A7 is value xx. If B7 moves B10, also A7 moves A10. After changes example look like this:...

Macro calling shortcut keys
Hello Suddenly on only my last workbook the macro calling combination ctrl+shift+letter does not respond, although it did before. When pressing ctrl+shift a beep is heard and the letter cannot be pressed. Otherwise all macros work perfectly. This situation does not occurr on any other workbook and has never occurred before, over many, many years. Have you tried to look at the macro set to ensure that the hotkey combination is still correct? If you go to Tools->Macro->Macros, highlight the macro in question, and then click Options, it will show you what the shortcut key is (and y...

Microsoft Access macro from Windows service
I'm trying to launch a process from a Windows service that runs a MicrosoftAccess macro. I'm having some trouble and wondering if anyone knows whetherthis is technically possible (since a service does not have a UI).Thanks in advance.Joe You can pass the name of the macro you want to run as an argument if you open Access from a .bat file. For example"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSAccess.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Samples\Northwind.mdb" /yourmacronameDo yourself a favor and don't use spaces or special characters in your macr...

Make Default

Macros #3
Dear Sir How can I make a macro which will delete all the Blank rows from a data before pasting it in Excel Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim rng As Range iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then If rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Rows(i) Else Set rng = Union(rng, Rows(i)) End If End If Next i If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.Delete End If End Sub -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Disabling Macro
Hi all, I want to disable other users of an excel file from accessing the macro (programming codes), unless that person has a password to access to it. Can I do that in Excel97, SP2? Thanks for any suggestion. regards, John. John, do you not want them to see the code? if so right click on your vba project and select vba project properties, protection check lock for viewing and set a password -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email addres...

Macro to put data in a new column following specific characters
I need to create a macro that goes through a single column, and ever time a specific character set such as 3 periods "..." occurs anythin after the "..." is put into a new column. So say I have all of the following in column A: I go...to the...store I need it to turn into: Column A: I go Column B: to the Column C: store Thanks in advance, any help is GREATLY appreciated!! : -- as ----------------------------------------------------------------------- asf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Macro for birthdays
I've imported 200 birthdays and anniversaries into my outlook 2007 contact list using a csv file. The dates are showing up in the details in the contact list but they are not showing up on the calendar. I've found that if I open each file, go to the details, click on the date, and save the contact it will show up on the calendar. However, I'm dreading doing this for 200 entries. Any advice? Thanks! "Malka" <Malka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24DFEBC-C1BC-4488-A37A-A2056AE9EA19@microsoft.com... > I've imported 200 birthdays an...

Handle event for toolbar
Hi, Using Resource Editor, I created a new button MyButton Now, how to implement (by wizard) the button handler ? Thanks double click a function would be generated -- Tarun ********************************************************************** Tarundeep Singh Kalra (tarundeep1976_nospam_at_yahoo_dot_nospam_dot_com) visit: www.tarunsadhana.com ************************************************************************* "Hai Ly Hoang" <NoReply@Mail.com> wrote in message news:eLh$WH3HEHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Using Resource Editor, I created a new butto...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Conditional formatting macro
Help. I would like to know if it is possible to have a macro that changes the colour of a cell dependant on the number or text within. eg If the following cells were populated as follows a1=1 Make the cell Green =2 Make the cell Red =3 Make the cell Blue =4 Make the cell Orange and so on till 7 Is this at all possible ? I know that i can colour cells 3 times with simple conditional formatting, but would like to run upto seven different colours. any help would be appreciated. Steve '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksh...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...